Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Improved charge attacks (adventure mode)  (Read 1036 times)

Deno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Improved charge attacks (adventure mode)
« on: October 04, 2019, 09:58:31 am »

So as far as I understand, currently charge attacks just make you slam into an enemy in addition to a normal attack. My suggestion is, to make the charge effect the attack, depending on your current speed. For example, while charging, the penetration value of your attack could be multiplied with your speed value. This would of course primarily benefit weapons with high penetration like spears or pikes and would also work great with mounts in the next update, making a cavalry charge adequately strong.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improved charge attacks (adventure mode)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 05:25:56 pm »

So as far as I understand, currently charge attacks just make you slam into an enemy in addition to a normal attack. My suggestion is, to make the charge effect the attack, depending on your current speed. For example, while charging, the penetration value of your attack could be multiplied with your speed value. This would of course primarily benefit weapons with high penetration like spears or pikes and would also work great with mounts in the next update, making a cavalry charge adequately strong.
Movement speed already effects weapon velocity. At least if you're on a charging horse. Was mentioned quite a while ago when mounts were first talked about.