Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Game Finished! Mutual Flagellatio Victorious!  (Read 41226 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Just Expanding
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2019, 04:39:06 pm »

Did Phaecia and Rlyeh stopped furiously clawing at each other's throats, or Rlyeh just decided it wasn't enough?
So it turns out they teamed up. I'm going to salve my ego by assuming that I'm so dangerous that two nations, including one I had previously messaged and arranged agreeable borders with, had to set aside their differences and sneak attack to take me out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's been fun, folks, but I'm pretty sure this is the end for ol' Huehueteotl. Do me a favor and punish these two if I get rekt.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »

You underestimate how bad I am at this game. I did lose like a quarter of my army (and my arena champion) to not foreseeing standard bird tactics, didn't I?
So you really shouldn't just publish Intel like that.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2019, 05:34:29 pm »

Nono, you totally should!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2019, 05:52:13 pm »

So you really shouldn't just publish Intel like that.
It's the best way I can think of to show off how much I'm getting massacred while also hinting that the other nations might want to strike at my aggressors' now-vulnerable underbellies.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2019, 10:33:59 pm »

I really do feel bad about this, Sirus. You weren't even on our potential target list until you pulled that stunt of yours with the scout. You really do need to be more careful about that, it's simultaneously very poor for diplomacy, and well, if war does happen you can exploit it to hurt their economy and possibly disrupt their troop movements for absolutely minimal effort.

In other news, the craftsmanship of my artisans will soon be made available for trade (this includes the Phaeacean unique Purple Silk Garments, good for helping to protect important mages!); prices open to negotiation. For best rates, things craftable by a Colossi Weaver (Air 1, Astral 1, +1(Fire/Air/Water/Earth/Astral) Random) are advised.

EDIT: Happerry, are you doing alright? Cutting it rather close again.... Can we get that general time extension now to 2 days + some change?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:47:19 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2019, 01:22:53 am »

JillaDilla has recently notified me that I accidentally broke my early treaty with their nation. I would like to publicly apologize for this and if there where not other circumstances or he had asked earlier I would have gladly ceded the province I had promised not to mess with to him. As for anyone else, I keep my word so if I ever break it, please bring it up. It will likely have been an accident on my part and I will do what I can to make things right.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2019, 02:12:46 am »

Ooooo a PBEM forum game! May I ask to join the next one if ever? :D Thanks ahead!
I didn't know people were even doing things like these.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2019, 03:06:35 am »

Ooooo a PBEM forum game! May I ask to join the next one if ever? :D Thanks ahead!

You're free to join the next one we host Tiruin! To be frank, we usually had at least 1 of these going at all times during the days of Dominions 4. I suppose we all just collectively burned out shortly after Dominions 5 hit.

How experienced are you at Dominions? We could have the next round be a Disciples match (team game) if you're new. My near encyclopedic knowledge of the game may be a fair bit rusty (not to mention all the new nations and new combat system of Dom 5 rendering some of such information obsolete), but I can help you out some; even before the next game happens. You know, give some pointers and what not.

And Akhier, I don't blame you too much; for one thing, that coastline is weird, and two (and much more importantly), there was a failure to communicate on my part.

Glory to United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2019, 03:16:11 am »

You're free to join the next one we host Tiruin! To be frank, we usually had at least 1 of these going at all times during the days of Dominions 4. I suppose we all just collectively burned out shortly after Dominions 5 hit.

How experienced are you at Dominions? We could have the next round be a Disciples match (team game) if you're new. My near encyclopedic knowledge of the game may be a fair bit rusty (not to mention all the new nations and new combat system of Dom 5 rendering some of such information obsolete), but I can help you out some; even before the next game happens. You know, give some pointers and what not.
I'm totally new! (Ok maybe not >_> I've played a few games and are able to win against difficult AI) but all my experience thus far has been FFA matches with other people...and I've a sore spot for team-based play! And despite all that knowledge, it still forwards that I know so little because of enabling me to see so much. :))
Thanks for that!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2019, 06:57:02 am »

I just wanted to twiceborn my useless hero. He won that arena match. ::) And got research heroic ability.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:04:43 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2019, 04:32:10 pm »

So Marignon's attacking too, why not.

Hey C'tis, there's still time for you to get in on this action! Great Nazca Gangbang of Summer Year Two.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2019, 06:02:39 pm »

We're just protecting your people from being mindfucked by fishmen.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Hue'll be Missed
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2019, 06:05:30 pm »

I thought about it, but I figured that you have enough to worry about. But if you're offering...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2019, 09:52:40 am »

Ah, Blood Vengeance Flagellants; a classic older than time itself.

I really shouldn't be surprised, it is a very good strategy, and I know Il Palazzo is definitely among the 'very competent' players here. (No, I don't really keep track of things like that, I just know he's good from past experience.)

Glory to United Forenia!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2019, 11:32:06 am »

Ah, Blood Vengeance Flagellants; a classic older than time itself.
Looking at the combat log, I don't think it did much apart from offing a few archers and other shitty units. Your mages have crazy high MR, and it only began affecting them towards the very end, when they started casting shock waves at short range. The battle was pretty much done by that point.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20