Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Colleges of Magic (3/3 Players) - Y1 Summer  (Read 4247 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Colleges of Magic (3/3 Players) - Y1 Summer
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2019, 04:07:23 pm »

If we get new people every year then buying staff rooms and dorms will be usefull

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2019, 05:18:55 pm »

I mean, if it's built in one turn, and we don't get new people until turn 5, you'll have half a year of paying maintenance on empty rooms.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2019, 06:06:20 pm »

I don't know if it takes 1 turn or not, Regardless, it would be good to have the rooms for the future

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2019, 06:52:09 pm »

boy, the inquisition Really hates dark magic. not to mention the fact that they were far worse about it than I expected. I know they’re fanatics, but how am I supposed to teach dark magic and how to counter it if i have no students?
I would have at least expected the penitent mages to replace the ones I lost.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:54:31 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2019, 07:00:23 pm »

boy, the inquisition Really hates dark magic. not to mention the fact that they were far worse about it than I expected. I know they’re fanatics, but how am I supposed to teach dark magic and how to counter it if i have no students?
You weren't forced to base yourself with the Inquisition

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2019, 07:02:03 pm »

It feels like you did the equivalent of trying to setup a Mosque in medieval western Europe, except your doing a building based around a necromancy and no one especially religious organizations wants to deal with the threat of undead incursions. Something like PR management and/or lying about the fact you setup a organization based on a ideology the leading government despises would of dramatically helped you I feel, simply put it felt you weren't subtle enough.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2019, 08:48:43 pm »

I tried to do PR management, not that it helped. they still killed off all but one of my students. as for being forced to base, the initial choice to do unst was a bit of a mistake, but that was because I assumed it possible to partner up with another mage tower.

The other two locations would have prevented such things (given that neither of those areas were given as options to the other two participants) And while Nirur was kind enough to try and change locations, it was a bit too late for them to do so. now, having clearly made multiple mistakes, and seeing no ways forward from here, i’m quite ready to drop out.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2019, 02:28:29 am »

Don't worrry this isn't a complete trap choice ;P so don't give up quite yet.

That being said, you consistently choose the most dangerous option, so don't be suprised if it blows up in your face.

As for the Inquisiition roll, it wasn't simply the Choice that mattered here but also your luck. On a 1 you would have really died. Ordo Perseus would have shown up, killed and/or carried off everyone in the tower, taken all your knowledge and burnt down your tower afterwards.

On a four a more measured response would have been taken.

You rolled a six. And then another one. And then a third one. The result is, Ordo Perseus taking this as a godsend opportunity to prove their convictions. That puts you in a very curious spot.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2019, 07:46:55 am »

so i rolled a overshoot, then critfailed twice? man, RNG must enjoy my misery knowing I act stupid.
Still don’t see a way forward given a lack of students.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2019, 09:37:39 am »

You got a 6,6,6,2 <-

Also now you get different students but spoilers for the next update.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2019, 09:47:52 am »

now, having clearly made multiple mistakes, and seeing no ways forward from here, i’m quite ready to drop out.

Don't give up yet! Your segment is currently the most intriguing part of the narrative from my perspective as a neutral reader.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2019, 11:27:17 am »

You got a 6,6,6,2
Dear freakin god. i don’t know wether to be shocked or paranoid because of that now.
Focus on teaching my personal pupil (the slave) the basics of raising the dead and how to keep them under control. obviously my teachings will have nothing to do with demons, but if i can teach him to bring back the soul of a creature and bind it unwillingly to a body, it will be easier for him to use the “whiter” application of bringing willing people back from death.
Allow Eghis to pursue her research (within reason given the circumstances) and only take half-rent from her due to the rather poor decisionmaking on my part.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 11:35:29 am by Dustan Hache »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2019, 02:49:28 pm »

((despite the danger of utterly pissing you off Dustan...you can't teach folks yourself...you are the immaterial impersonal manager of the tower...who only exists for game purposes :P, only your teachers can teach))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2019, 02:54:36 pm »

...you can't teach folks yourself...you are the immaterial impersonal manager of the tower...
It's better this way.

We're like middle-management, and you don't want us within 11 feet of educating impressionable young wizards.

The people we're picked to teach are bad enough, just imagine us as teachers.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2019, 04:03:42 pm »

((despite the danger of utterly pissing you off Dustan...you can't teach folks yourself...you are the immaterial impersonal manager of the tower...who only exists for game purposes :P, only your teachers can teach))
but how did i get branded/“questioned” if i am immaterial? surely there is at least some soulless husk that is taking the punishment and doing my duties?

edit: also, angering me is very easy, albeit mostly harmless. at worst i drop out (because of feeling like no way forward) and spam memes on discord for a day, so have no/little fear of that!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 04:13:14 pm by Dustan Hache »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6