Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Uplift  (Read 2171 times)

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uplift
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 01:57:41 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for the clarification.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 01:58:42 pm »

You are welcome

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 02:36:01 pm »

So now we just need someone to be the tiebreaker, since our characters both have two votes in their favor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 02:47:06 pm »

Looks like

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 02:48:01 pm »

Name: John Smith
Planet of Origin: Burt
Description: A really generic looking guy with a mustache.

Pick Three.
[X] A long black sword which is ice cold to the touch.
[X] A tome with words you can’t quite read, with a gear and musket on the cover.
[X] A pen. As far as you can tell it’s perfectly ordinary.

Examine our surroundings.
+1
EDIT: Heh heh Heh

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 02:49:51 pm »

Okay y'know what? I just want this to start.

Name: John Smith
Planet of Origin: Burt
Description: A really generic looking guy with a mustache.

Pick Three.
[X] A long black sword which is ice cold to the touch.
[X] A tome with words you can’t quite read, with a gear and musket on the cover.
[X] A pen. As far as you can tell it’s perfectly ordinary.

Examine our surroundings.
+1
EDIT: Heh heh Heh

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 02:50:50 pm »

I'm real tempted to change my vote now

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 02:51:54 pm »

Eh, I've no real preference one way or the other... I'm just trying to get this thing rolling.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »

You reach out and take the sword, shivering slightly at the feel of the ice-cold metal. It almost seems to burn your hand for a moment before the feeling fades away as a sheath appears around your waist, the sword suddenly breaking apart in your hand then reforming in the sheath. The tome you pick up with one hand, skimming through its contents once more, the words shifting and transforming before your eyes, although they briefly stabilize a few times long enough for you to read a few words about brandy and waterwheels. The pen you pick up and a note pops out of a hidden slot: "Click me!"

Doing so, you see a drop of ink fall from the tip, and another slip of paper appears from a different hidden slot. "Recording now." Then between one step and the next, you are falling through some sort of void of flickering colors. You see things…an enormous serpent, a carved standing stone, a purple archway. Suddenly you hit the ground and hit it hard, hard enough you see stars for a moment as you lie on your back, dazed and confused. After a few minutes, you manage to clamber up to your feet and look around.

You are in a field of boulders of rounded boulders of varying sizes, scattered about like some giant dropped a handful of pebbles upon the ground. Three sides of this field are surrounded by thick, dense forest, the trees close together and the spaces in between filled with thickets of brambles and thorns. A crow is staring at you from one branch, before taking wing.

On the fourth side, there is a stream tumbling down the slope, winding around some boulders as it goes. On the other side is a field that leads downwards, and you can see a wide valley spreading out before you, dotted with a few stands of trees.

You also see three figures, wrapped in rough, furry cloaks emerge from the forest, each one hunching over and holding a long spear tipped with a brown metal.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 03:55:04 pm »

Approach the beings cautiously, listen to them speak and see if you can understand them. Try to establish dialogue if possible.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 10:33:20 pm »

Approach the beings cautiously, listen to them speak and see if you can understand them. Try to establish dialogue if possible.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 12:20:46 pm »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2019, 07:56:59 pm »

You keep your hands up and open, making sure the newcomers can see you. They lower their spears, but slowly, and they don’t say anything for a long moment. The one in front pulls back his hood, revealing a face that might be handsome, except for the dozens of vicious scars that mar it. He only has one eye, which is bright blue, and what skin you can see is tanned and taut.

He begins to speak slowly, in some unintelligible language…and then you find yourself beginning to piece together what he is saying. “Stranger. Why are you here? Why have you come to our lands?” He asks.
The one on his right is content to remain silent, but as the middle one keeps speaking, the third member of their group lets out an impatient snarl and begins to advance on you, although they keep their steps slow and stop before they are close enough to touch you.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 08:12:20 pm »

"I have traveled from far away to find those who may be worthy of learning the many secrets of the universe. My people have long studied the earth and stars, water and fire, learning the intricacy's of their use and how to combine them to improve the lives of all who know this knowledge. I have been chosen by my people to find and teach any who would listen all that I have learned and to bring them into the light of discovery and wisdom."

Maintain our non threatening stance but do not allow them to attack us, disarm them if they attempt to attack us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 08:19:46 pm »

"I have traveled from far away to find those who may be worthy of learning the many secrets of the universe. My people have long studied the earth and stars, water and fire, learning the intricacy's of their use and how to combine them to improve the lives of all who know this knowledge. I have been chosen by my people to find and teach any who would listen all that I have learned and to bring them into the light of discovery and wisdom."

Maintain our non threatening stance but do not allow them to attack us, disarm them if they attempt to attack us.
+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3