Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Between the Mountains IC  (Read 4268 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Mountains IC
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 01:14:55 pm »

[Krupp, The Primordial Corpse]

Krupp sees these antlered kin. But they seek a place that isn't here.
Following them would take time, and with each passing hour, it's body feels ever stiffer.
It, after much deliberation, decides to follow the Reindeer. See where they go, and if there are other antlered kin.
"Kindred."

Edit: ((Another post is made, detailing new actions.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:10:49 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 02:33:42 pm »

Malaya
You go to speak to the long armed humanoids. At first, they run from you. They seem terrified by your size and reflective body. But eventually one becomes curious enough to speak with you, or perhaps bold enough to stand against you? It is neither of these. Their name is Raka, an elderly longarm. Apperantly they had tired and couldn't run anymore, so may as well talk. "These are armlands you see, dear big one. We have lived here as long as the red sun burns in the sky. Though, in many years, the hairy ones have tried to take our lands and eat our fruits. They are strong, but hunger makes them weak, and we are many. We hold our lands. That cave? We do not enter caves. Bad things live in caves. Hairy ones live in caves. Big ones live in caves. Raka lives in a tree, as it should be, because Raka is good. And good things live in trees."
Malaya noted no offense at their reaction--it is likely their first time interacting with spirits as them and Vahnaris. They introduced Vahnaris as a being of protection but also of a focused ideal; this was the core idea of Vahnaris, and as for Malaya, their core was to aid and help any civilization that was willing to merely exchange with them both time and thought--basically companionship.

"This is why I said first, do not be afraid. Tell me of all your issues, because it seems the hairy ones can only be hungry and not knowing of whose lands are whom--otherwise, Vahnaris will deal with them."

Malaya asked about the lands, the people, and their values (e.g. their outlook of the spirits, what they worship, what they prefer, where are the rest of the longarms...), while awaiting Vahnaris, before doing anything, but told that they were able to teach and give, and give insight to many things--especially issues that made things seem as if they always were, which may even confuse or anger some but will benefit in the larger course of time.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 02:44:43 pm by Tiruin »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 12:45:54 am »

Chromaticwing was bewildered by the concept of things not wanting to make friends with it, because of the idea of hostility for ill-intention except nutrition and possible self-defense were derogatory ideas that existed around it. Therefore the creature’s saps it's combative power to enhances it's influence, yet still create crucial pieces for the future of the area it shall now reside in.

Action 1: Chromatic fuses rainbow energy and with agile and fine motions manipulates the energy into the shape of a headband and the energy turns into a dark purple crystal centered around a wooden structure, an Accruement for holding energy.[/b]

Spoiler: 3 CP Accruement (click to show/hide)

Action 2: Chromatic shall then energize negative energy around the hex it is residing in, and a colorful mist surrounds the tile for the next fifty/X years. Indeed, the tile is granted a Minor Miracle of this green mist. Individual that inhale it feel a lot more... pacified and yet neutered of their own hostility, fear, and self-preservation; and directs their mind towards making friends and mischief/pranks at the cost of other brain functionings, like a depressant enters their body. The mist affects that have some form of sentience from small to high, however their own brains process it. 2 DP

Action 3: Chromatic transforms into an Idol, hiding the Diadem in a tree for later use and then sleeps...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:33:29 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 06:25:15 am »

You appear before the creatures and they are terrified. Some run, some faint, some throw themselves to the ground and grovel, but all listen to your voice. After hearing your words, a big one comes forward and faces you, head held high. "I be the regent of this skystone, what one may call a mountain. This skystone belongs to our tribe, as each skystone doth have. I cannot say I trust you, as spiders tend to bite, but an end to the hunger of my people, that is an offer I cannot refuse." The Regent them bows, and soon after, others follow. "Great spirit of darkness, it is no surprise you appear in our darkest hour. In the years of my fathers youth, big earth spirit king guarded this skystone. But it fell ill, and with it's death much we did suffer. Lost many, lost most, dangerous the other tribes be, those who have mountain kings look to our mountain as a rock toad eyes the fly."

"Monsters. Then I grant you mine servant Anope. He shall serve as hound and guardian for your tribe. Hunger you have, hunger I wish to eradicate in permanence. For now, a taste of it."

Action: Make a 3dp Accouterement [this is granted to the regent]

Code: [Select]
Name: A Taste of Salvation
Appearance: A thick cross composed of what seems to be bone, it is engraved with pictures of spiders and carp. It has a built-in grip fitted for use by the maned creatures.
Purpose: Breaks down inedible materials into edible and somewhat nutritious slop.

"I am no king of earthen spirit, but I shall honour his memory and do as he did. Tell me however, what is it your people are called?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 11:09:45 am »

[Krupp, The Primordial Corpse]

Following the fellow antlered kin was a bother, at a distance. It would hunger, and the reindeer knew where to get food.
But it knew it's exposed bone and black ichor would scare them. So Krupp decides to make something to cover it's bones.
Krupp creates Fell, The Primordial Hide. Using 4 DP and 2 CP.

Adorned with Fell, Krupp seeks to join it's antlered kin, seeing where they go.
"Fellowship."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 05:47:18 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:58:45 pm by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 10:10:21 pm »

Aurum

"Aurum, these greenskins seem interesting. I think we could make a civilization of them. But they must band together, and we'll need to give them some way to defend themselves."
Hmn... yes, indeed they do. And of course we can. What worth is a mortal if they can't be made to be civilized?

Things to do:

-The Robes of Authority (3CP)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-Curse every plant monster in the hex with sluggishness and feebleness (2DP)
-At the same time that Neurantal teaches the Greenskins about tools and weaponry and the use thereof, teach them about organization, management, and governance, and grant the one that seems to best absorb these lessons the Robes of Authority.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:12:55 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 03:25:22 am »

-snip-
Malaya talked long with Raka, and learned much from their speech and dialogue. These first writings were what was learned, followed by their own assumptions.

The Longarms--being their official name--heartily revere the trees and the forests, currently having a perspective of "new" as being generally bad, and anything from the trees as something good, as trees are seen as the divine, with being tended to by arborists. In deeper thought, it was found that new things were seen as bad because of consistent harm coming from one of the two suns in the skies--harm from creatures brought by the red sun.

Malaya sought after one of the arborists, for the people were more led by them--although they did not prefer the term leader, because they were egalitarian; this was shown in the nearest arborist being a 12-year old longarm! They engaged in much a deliberation while Malaya had spoken truthfully about themselves and Vahnaris' presence, and offered a path from the restrictive culture that adapted from harm. While it was true that having one's own needs met and being happy was a goal that many wished to attain, even in solace and consistency, the forest and the longarms were only one of many places and beings--part of a larger whole. They needed to face what is New, instead from a position of vulnerability and outside of heir control, into a position of their own understanding.

It was time to decide on a Champion! Someone who would inherit many inherent things upon maturity.
2nd Action: 3CP into Champion! Shove ALL MY OTHER P onto Vahnaris (2DP)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Before spending more time, Malaya conferred with Vahnaris about the issues of the Longarms...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:46:12 am by Tiruin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 04:18:10 am »

1st Action: After Malaya empowers Mata, Vahranis provides unto her a most powerful and deadly artifact as a gift of gratitude, and the means to protect her peoples from the hairy ones that seem to continually raid them. He also teaches her how to actually use it. [6 DP]

Spoiler: Guardian Carbine (click to show/hide)

2nd Action: Then, after ensuring that Mata knows how to use her new weapon, Vahranis creates a servant to aid them and act as a companion and a constant.

Spoiler: Valt (click to show/hide)

3rd Action Teach Spearmaking: The Longarms have a taboo about using wood to kill, but still use rocks to deal with there enemies. By tying and attaching the stone to wood, the longarms are gifted a more practical and effective weapon, and since the wood itself doesn't cause the injury, it should more or less fit in nicely with the longarms respect of the trees.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:06:02 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 08:15:19 am »

The Longarms spoke mainly of the trees as divine, and met the issue of 'new things' being a symbol of consistent and ever-present harm. They had not taken up arms or developed a militant culture as a response, nor have they weakened their own culture by putting themselves on a point of inherently believed vulnerability. Seeing the issue of culture and an isolationist perspective (with some kind of lacking regard for fauna other than 'worms and spiders' and 'green stars' and other "new" things) being a hindrance, Malaya decided upon invoking their own name--freedom--and nudging the sense of culture while not stomping over it by working with it.

Much like the new champion, who decided upon themselves to choose to face the world in the hopes of preserving the happiness and peace for future generations even if it meant learning "new" things, which meant going from their own upbringing and stories and lore, it was important to help this forward.

3rd Action: Teach education! The notes of multiculturalism grew into the song of information--it was more many things mixing and combining, acceptance through proactivity, or having a system of information being shared in a way that was structured to learning about things. With mottled skin and leaf-made clothing, the Longarms seemed to be very close-knit as a community; there needed to be foundations of passing things on and collating them for others to learn more over time, especially if the Longarms believed that new was bad--both young and old, arborist or not.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 10:53:38 am »

The purple sun hangs low in the sky, casting a brackish shadow even at noon. The nights feel restless, twinged by the twilight, as if they truly never subside, at least, not fully. Great are the things which haunt the areas where light is not light, and dark is not dark. Only in the black of pitch is one safe, at least, from the depths of twilight.

Neurantal
After your awakening, you are struck by an idea. These little green creatures could be so much more than they are now, if only nudged in the right direction. You began by taking a group of them and making them more social, more community orientated, and in only a few years they had come together to form a village. Unlike those who did not receive your blessing, these individuals did come to live in a singular location. No longer did they roam the forest at large foraging for food. Instead, they found themselves roaming in a large pack for quite a long time. Neutantal noticed this one day, and around them rose a circle of stones, carved with intricate glyphs and humming with power. At first the greenskins were terrified by the strange stones, but as time went on, they found this section of jungle to be safest. Others joined the social green skins in the relative safety of the stone circle, and in time, the social element you had imbued within them spread. When you appeared before them, they could feel you had the same energy as the stones around them and listened well to your instructions. They took up sharpened stick and knapped rock, when exiting the safety of the circle. Many who left did indeed, return, though not all. A strange slowness had fallen over the plant monsters, which was the work of Aurum. As time went on, the group here had come to worship the two of you as bringers of knowledge and strength.

Aurum

You watch as Neutranal lays the foundation for your work. They make a group of the greenskins more social by nature, and in time, they form a group in the center of the circle, The Haven. Other less social greenskins follow and intermingle, spreading and diluting the genes to some degree, but by and large they are much less nomadic scavengers than they were before. Now they venture out from the haven in packs to gather food and wood from the jungle around them. You gave them the knowledge of organization and weapons, though it seems that they only truly understand your teachings when they are used together, as they were taught together. Given time, a leader emerges, one of the best hunters who oft leads the expeditions into the jungle. They are granted the Robes of Authority and come to be seen as your warrior priest. They lead many a successful hunt, always avoiding the plant monsters who have been made slow. Some are still lost to ambush, but it seems now that they are less of a danger than they are to the wild greenskins which still roam the jungle.

Malaya

You spend much time among the longarms in the years after you awake. Oft you can be seen tiptoeing through the trees. For the first few weeks, there was much screaming of giants and general panic among the population. Though as time went on you met a longarm who didn't run, an elderly lady by the name of Raka. Through her wisdom you came to inspire a champion, naming them as the First Maka. In time, the aborist's true name was lost to the ages and she became simply known as Maka. She came to become a spiritual leader in your new faith, though, she still clung to many of the old ways of thinking, having a distrust of new things, but ultimately being more open than most of the other longarms. You spent much time teaching her and the other long arms of education. This formalized many of their beliefs, and spread not only your teachings, but also the oral stories of the longarms much more coherently through the population. She receives several strange gifts from Vahranis, to mixed effect.

Vahranis

This era was one of mixed results for you. You blessed the First Maka with several powerful gifts. The first of which was the Guardian Carbine. This strange object was meant to be wielded in two hands and pointed towards an enemy. With captured thunder, this object spit forth shards of metal. The power of such a weapon was so great that the Maka could single-handedly defend much of the longarm forest from the hairy ones. With the assistance of Valt, she could find and repel any invasion from the outside. This gave her a double role in the eyes of the longarms. On one hand, she was a powerful protector and there was no longer need to fear the hairy ones. Yet, these things were new. The strange flying creature, the loud noises, the unmatchable power, the familiarity with giants, Maka had become new. She was both feared and revered by her people, who often avoided her, though showed great respect when they could not help but cross paths with the Maka. Satisfied with the Maka, you moved onto the people, teaching them how to make spears of wood. This went over incredibly poorly. While the people did come to understand how to do so, not a single person would use wood for such a purpose. In time they found other materials, namely the bones of hairy ones, though even these were uncommon, used mainly in the outskirts where skirmishes were common.

Vorak

You bided your time this era, creating a network of tunnels beneath the earth and the stone. This place had many entrances and exits and tunnels and caverns of many sizes. Though, you notice as some of the tunnels draw further within the mountain, you occasionally catch a whiff of an unpleasant aroma. Over time, you made contact with various mortals of the warrior tribes in the vicinity. Some had seen you excavate the earth and leave tribute at the cave entrances. Some dare enter and grovel before you, while others come seeking your assistance in moving the earth, yet others, those of a darker bent, come seeking to trap you within the caves. Among them, some speak the dark tongue and display some prowess when it comes to using this unsual sort of magic. It is primal, feeling both antiquated and malevolent. While no mortal raises to the power required to hold you within the caverns, areas heavily warded feel as though you are walking through cobwebs. The watcher begins to gather information for you before you sleep, and will be prepared to report once you awake.

Krupp

The ice is cold, the air is cold, the wind is cold, yet somehow the reindeer remain warm. You dawn the Fell Cloak and begin your journey of following the caribou. Skittish beasts they were. At first they ran and ran and ran until you were out of sight. But they could not keep this up. Eventually they tired, and held their distance just enough, keeping you on the horizon. Then a bit closer, and closer still until you hovered near the herd. Never did they ever gain so much familiarity that they would allow you within striking distance, but it was a far cry from the initial arrangement. You watched them until you slept and you saw much. Spires of ice, smooth and sharp against the wind. Creatures of vast size beneath the ice. And strange bipedals which shot true through the wind ice tipped arrows. Some downed Caribou, though none would approach so long as you remained near. As time passed, your bones grow weary, and once more, you sleep upon the ice.

Bipram

This was an unusual era for Bipram. When you awoke, you found yourself in a strait between a large lake and the ocean. There you found, among other things, herds of bisonaks. You watched them roam the lands, seeing other animals and plants given time. One animal quickly gained your ire, a group of bipedals wielding spear and rock. They were predators, like the lions and the land fish, but hunted with intelligence and strategy to fell the larger faster bisonyaks. In a fit of rage, you struck down their minds. No longer could these humans use their wit to hunt, and they became as the beasts. Roaming the plains as omnivores, scavengers, and opportunistic hunters. At times they would hunt like wolves, using strength and teeth alone to wear out their prey. Other times they wandered, eating fruits and tubers of the planes. Yet no longer did the spark of intelligence guide their movements. Instead, a single bisonyak was granted sentience, the gift striped from man, given to yak. For a time, you spoke with the yak, learning of the humans and their ways, but as the years passed, the bisonyak aged. You asked her to convince lead her fellows to worship, but the ideas of gods, the efficacies of granting praise, the symbolism of ritual, these were not concepts that the animals could comprehend. You grow tired, and lay down among the grass, finally, you sleep.

Kapesh

Upon venturing into the light, you find a landscape most desolate, difficult, and dangerous. Here the grey rocks dominate the landscape, a land of stone and gravel. The thin soil clings to the earth where it can, but is elsewise cast as dust into the air, destined to descend deep into the cracks in the earth. Here you found the people of the mountain, who’s eyes were near black, and strangely wide. Atop their heads were manes of black, though the rest of their body was grey and rough.

Unto them you spoke your demands, worship in exchange for sustenance. Upon speaking to the reagent, a deal was struck and praise oft given to Kapesh. You returned this grovelling with gifts of food and a guardian most emaciated. Silent Anope was, he came to be revered for his opulence and might. Stories of the skeleton arriving to aid those in need quickly spread among the mountain peoples.

Yet even more so, the stories of wonder did spread, of the Taste of Salvation. Granted to the reagent, this cross of bone turned rock into a gummy mush that filled the bellies of the mountain tribe. Though lacking much in the means of nutrients, rocks were abundant and the people of the mountain chewed much on the gunk of salvation, oft eating until their bellies grow distended in an effort to secure the nutrients needed. In time, they grow strong and so too does their thanks to Kapesh.

Noxuss

Warm are the waters around you, the suns above shine brightly in the shallows, though given depth, their influence diminishes. It is here that the nobel octopus roams free and wild, oft clinging near to the shore where prey is common, though unafraid to plunge the depths at large, despite the dangers of beasts which dwell below.

Among them, you find a suitable specimen, an octopus which colors tend towards red, a sign of strength and confidence among the rudimentary intelligence of the aquatic cephalopods in their odd language of colors and patterns. Yet this mimicry of wisdom is unsatisfactory to your needs, and leaving much wanting for your desires. So did you uplift the being, granting it sapience above what any of it’s kin could imagine, and in those moments of utter clarity, it did come to pass that they became one with a shard of your soul. Adonii, the Flesh Smith, was uplifted. Not only that, they were given the Gift of faith, a powerful artifact of control. You watched as Ardonii began to follow their commandments. Soon after, the waters swallowed you once more and you slept.

Chromaticwing

Chromaticwing joyously wanders the jungle this era, seeking out friends, fun, and excitement among the densely wooded area. Among the flowers and the fruits he finds a number of dark green colored mortals, small of stature, and quick of foot. Finding an elder among them, he has a long discussion as to his offerings of friendship, though as the conversation progresses, the elder becomes more and more deranged, speaking in rhyme and eyes growing wider until the force of them causes a rather gruesome death. You hear strange chimes and smell the sweet scent of cooked meat, a strange omen of power in the air.

Yet no matter, these unfun events are of little concern to you, and you continue onwards. First creating the Diadem of Storage, a container to hold your divine power. Though you quickly store it for later in a tree as you transform into an idol. Exhausted by your transformation, you rest.

Yume

Upon awakening Yume saw there was much work to be done and much worship to be had. Little else motivated the swirling cloud as much as their need for worship by mortals, mind and soul.

You look north to the horizon and feel a yearning in that direction, but before you leave, a monument to yourself must be built here to commemorate the arrival of a god. From beneath the earth, you raise a tall tower, a natural wonder of blue stones, with ornate gold and white accents, topped by a gemstone of purple and white radiance. Multitudinous were the effects of the tower. From what cleansing, to the creation of winds, to regeneration of the walls, and implanting your image into the minds of those who draw near. Indeed, you strain as you devote much power into this object and the variety of effects it produces.

You place the final touches upon the tower, and then turn your eyes back towards the north. The view from atop your tower is indeed spectacular, set against the radiance behind you. After a long look, you depart to the north, and after a long journey, you eventually find a suitable resting place to sleep. In time, you slip back into the dream.

Xelathan
Much glee was to be had this era for Xelathan. Ocean extended far beyond their sight in every direction. Hunting here was good and the sweet taste of blood never loses its luster. Swarms of tiny prey are drank, like clouds in the water. While larger prey of great size serves as a game of sport, some run, some attempt to fight, though none are particularly successful at either. You drift near the surface occasionally, yet see nothing above the surface, only water extending to the horizon.

As time goes on, you carve some caves in the hex near you, creating tunnels which can barely allow your behemoth body to slither though, while others are much to small for you and serve as nooks and crannies for sharks and other small prey to hide.

With much time on your hands, you take a large swath of the water and compress it into a single gem of deep blue, an object of sufficient durability to hold some of your energy.

In time, you come to smell something new on the waves. A strange energy, different from you, older than you, yet in one way, it smells like you. Like a predator. For a moment the open ocean feels less safe, but the fleeting whiff escapes your nostrils and does not return. In time this experience drifts into the realm of memory, and you cozy up into your caves and sleep.

And so, in the era of the god’s rest, the mortals began to act.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2019, 10:54:16 am »

And so, in the era of the god’s rest, the mortals began to act.

The Longarms

There was an incredible amount of new during this era, and for the longarms, new is incredibly stressful. For longer than any, even the arborists, could remember, the longarms have lived in relative peace. The trees provided them fruits in the spring, so that the longarms could fill their bellies. And in the fall, the trees shed their leaves to clothe the longarms. In a perfectly symbiotic relationship, the trees and the longarms exist in peace and harmony. Though, as the gods slept, this balance was put into jeopardy.

With the appearance of two giants, much rumor spread through the forests of much newness. Worry quickly spread through the people, but it wasn't until many met the Maka that they understood the gravity of the changes to the balance of their existence. Shortly after receiving the Guardian Combine, she ventured west, beyond her home forest, to those near where the hairy people live. The local arborist was shocked when she arrived, and with a strange beast no less! The scandal of it all spread through the area in what seemed to be overnight. In days, she gained the title of erroarbist in their native language, which roughly implies "Tree Which Wanders" though, there is a heavy negative connotation to the nickname, implying an unnatural element, as well an air of mistakes and impropriety.

Though, this nickname didn't truly become popular until after she met the hairy ones in battle. Maka had changed much in her time with the gods, and though still tied to her culture, she truly had come into her own as a young adult, gaining a sense of responsibility that guided her actions, often in conflict with the holy teachings of the arborists. This was best illustrated in this battle where, for the first time since the purple sun appeared, a long arm left the forest.

She ventured out to meet the hairy ones as they approached from outside the territory of the long arms. Indeed, she was far from home. As she approached, the hairy ones were stunned to see a long arm out in the open, and though she gave them warning to turn back, they, in ignorance, pressed towards her and the forest behind her. In the next few minutes over a hundred of the hairyones perished, and the small army was decimated. Some unscathed and some of the injured turned and fled, horrified by the strange long arm. Seen by many a longarm, whispers of the event spread like wildfire through dry brush. Soon, the erroarbist was a mirah among her people. Valt and the guardian combine had given her the power to protect her people, but at the same time, they had forever separated her from them. Her name was forever henceforth etched into the holy stories and the story was spread to every arborist. Interestingly, there was an increased interest in education as a result. Many an arborist scoured the stories for any mention of such things, or wisdom to guide them in this period of strange occurrences.

South Mountain Warriors

Dread. Dread was the language which every mountain clan knew well, baked into the very fiber of their being and culture was a sense of incredible dread. So it had been as long as any clansman can remember. And it was this dread which gave the dark speakers their power. The Watcher watched silently as the fearful, and the opportunistic alike came to the edge of the lair of his god.

With eyes most hollow and a mouth full of only blackness, they spouted words in a language unfamiliar. And from the well of darkness inside them, came forth the strange power their shamans wielded. Lines of darkness spread across the caverns, growing more numerous as more and more shamans came forth to cast their power against the domain of a god. Most came with a congregation, giving sermons to their flock. This was common. What was not, was those who can alone. Those who came not to bolster their lead, no, it was those who came to barter that gained the eye of the watcher. As the era of rest passed, there was a stark change. More and more began to beseech the sleeping god, their words of dread stronger now.

There was another change about the same time, clans started growing larger, gathering together and unifying into larger hordes. Word of a wandering tree had spread to the tribes. This tree had no roots and could leave the forest, and while that was concerning, it's triumphs were terrifying. The Wandering Tree had grown tall enough to reach the sky, and had captured thunder in it's branches. And even worse, it had reached deep into the earth and drank full of something deep within. And if this was not enough, the tree then abandoned it's roots and leaves so that it may wander in the guise of a mortal girl, a monsterous girl indeed. The Wandering Tree inspired great dread and the mountain clans grew restless. The Watcher listened closely to the words of the mountain people then, and gained an insight which it believed would please it's master greatly. It eagerly awaited its awakening.

The Lone Bisonyak

Life for the sentient bisonyak was nice at first. For a few years they spoke with Bipram and talked with them much. But soon, the god fell asleep and they were left alone. They attempted to return to their herd, but soon they became frustrated. They could not bare the loneliness of being surrounded by her kin, and yet seeing them as the dumb slobbering animals they were. Then came the rutting season. Watching the beasts which looked like her, but were wholly unlike her now, it was disturbing. As the bulls turned their sights to her, she fled.

She wandered for quite a long time, alone and constantly wary. With no herd to protect her, she had to remain vigilant and move often, ere the hungry wolves catch up to her. In time, she came to hate Bipram for this cursed life. She was not only alone, but she had been made conscious of the fact she was alone. Not just physically, but entirely, there was no other like her in existence. She would never live among her people, and even the humans nearby had been turned into dumb beasts. Truly, she was cursed.

She did eventually become the captive of a distant tribe of humans. While hunting her she screamed for them to stop and was taken alive for the novelty of a talking bisonyak. The barbarians who captured her put her on display and made her an attraction for visitors and passerbys. When she would not speak, they would prod her with hot irons until she talked to the patrons, who paid well for the novelty of such a strange creature. Years of this abuse and display baked a hatred deep in her heart.

In the later years of her life, she came to be visited by a spirit which offered her all she had desired. Friendship, freedom, belongingness, and most importantly, revenge. Filled entirely with hate, the bisonyak accepted, disappearing from the sight of the gods.

The People of a Dead Mountain

Silent the mountain was. It was not quiet, no, it was silent. There was not a sound, no matter how hard the mountain folk pressed their ears to the stone. Truly, it was dead. Many who believed Kapesh's appearance to be a sign of resurrection were surely and wholy disappointed. The Mountain King's song would never resume.

Starving and hungry Kapesh came to them, and unto the regent he gifted a Taste of Salvation. The reagent struck the mountain top with the bone cross, and lo he did bend his head low and drink deeply the milk of the mountain that sprang forth from the magic of the cross. When he did raise his head once more, he raised it in song. A deep low sound escaped his throat, quenched as it now was by the mountain milk. The people of the mountains looked up, as they heard the single sound undercut the silence of the mountain, and slowly, they began to climb. Hand over hand, foot in front of foot, one rock then the next, they made their way up the mountain to drink the mountain’s milk. As each dry throat was dampened by the muck of salvation, so too did it raise its voice in the song of the mountain king. As more and more joined the chorus, their song radiated out into the valley of the four mountains. Ever so very faintly, the song was heard upon the next mountain, and, in time, it was returned with the sounds of drums.

As the sounds of drums reached the ears of the mountain men, their voices fell quiet. The silence was gone, but in its stead, a much more threatening sound filled the air. Yet, it was not alone. In time with the drums, one could hear footsteps, not of the approaching enemy, but of Anope. Silent and alone, it descended the mountain, and stood at the ready to defend these mortals. As it stood, awaiting those who would do harm, many a mountain woman did lift rock and spear and descend. As the drumbeat intensified, the enemy appeared, at least two hundred strong. Against them, near the same number had rallied behind Anope and stood to defend their home. The ensuing battle stained the rock red, and though the invaders were repelled, it was not without much loss of life. Anope had busted many a skull, leaving a trail of broken heads across the battlefield, but so too had many of the mountain people been slain.

As time passed, Anope stood down upon the battlefield, among the corpses, soon to be skeletal brethren to Anope, always facing south.

The People of Swamp Tower

In the east the being Yume raised a tower most high from the center of the swamp lake. While this region is home to few, being both hostile and toxic, several tribes do find themselves to be quite successful in navigating the dangers of the swamp. Yet few could have forseen the danger that the tower posed to them. Stories of its appearance and rumor of it’s light drew forth the curious, others drifted too close and lingered to long in it’s waters. Those that made the mistake of venturing near did hear the insidious whisper in the back of their minds, a simple thought that was not their own. A command to worship. While many did turn and flee long before this thought embedded itself in their minds, a few were caught in the spider’s web, unable to shake the thought.

Upon the nearest shore they built their hovels, lingering close to the tower and making pilgrimages by boat to the walls of the tower. While dangerous, many did feel compelled to grovel at the strange stone, if they were not devoured by the swamp beasts nearby. And yet those upon the shores were not safe from the rockodiles and the knifelings. Tall upon stilts they were forced to build their homes, to raise themselves further from the dangers of the swamp. Yet the animals were not the only danger. The other villages, from whom these towermen did come from, did watch in horror as their brothers and sisters come to obsess over the tower, unable to venture far from it’s glorious light. Raids were common upon the tower folk, for there was an easy cure, and a difficult cure for what appeared to be a madness upon their kin. For many, death was the easy answer. For others, their fate was to be dragged kicking and screaming far from the tower, until their thoughts once again became their own.

In time, the villagers found the inverse to also be suitable. Thieves, murderers, rapists, and villains of all sorts were dragged, similarly kicking and screaming, into the village of the towermen. Bound and gagged, they were bathed in the light of the tower for endless days and countless darkless nights, until the commands of Yume were scarred into their mind and worship poured forth from their lips.

The People of Haven

Far to the north, upon an island of some good size, the gods Neutrantal and Aurum did grow close with the mortals there. Walking amongst them, and teaching them much in the ways of war, the people of Haven did come to form a militaristic theocracy in a surprisingly short time.

The Haveners had come into a hierarchy of a sort based upon a few guiding principles. First, skill of the hunter was prized above all. Whether it be spear or sling, those with the skill of a hunter did rise in the ranks of society. Secondly, order was prized. Those who were intelligent in their organization, whether it be thoughts or belongings were given praise for their following of the teachings of the gods. Last, came sociability. Those that were popular and walked among the many were seen more and trusted more.

In time, the hierarchy of Haven was established. At it’s top was one who typified the three principals of Haven. A leader who was both skilled in the spear and in the politics of the village, while also having passable organization. Beneath them the Principled Ones, a member of the village which best represented one of the three teachings. The High Hunter, the Master of Planning, and the Cosmopolitan. Afterwards, beneath the Principled Ones, the rest of the members of Haven were organized into three houses based upon the same. The House of Spears, the House of Marks, and the House of Speakers.

In this organized society, members of the society were raised in their family homes, and then joined one of the other houses upon coming of age. While many did remain in the houses of their parents and families, black sheep did oft join a house in which they were not born. In a good light, they were referred to as the rehoused, but all too often they were seen as lesser by those who were born and raised in the skill of the house they now belong. The phrase ‘switcher’ came to be a derogatory term for one such individual.

In the morning the hunters would depart, to stalk the jungle in search of prey. In the afternoon, they would return with their prize and the organizers would store the food, organize the preparation of the daily meal, and see too the information is recorded. Finally the socialites would own the night, telling story and singing songs of the hunt or tell tale of the gods. Then all would rest and start the day again, doing the same until the gods awoke.

The Greenskins of the Western Jungle
Little changed for the greenskins this era. Or at least it seemed so at first. They spent many a day attempting to catch the insects in their teeth and spit the bugs into a ceremonial bowl for the jungle spirits appeasement. Yet if one watched closely, one could see a bit of mischief enter their actions. One classic example centers around the Mimic Stink Bug, a flying beetle with a taste most foul and causes sweats and a burning of the throat and bowels with a noxious spray. However, it looks most incredibly similar to the Prized Beetle, a rare beetle which the forest spirits are known to love above all others. So a few mischievous individuals would catch the beetle not in their mouths, but in their hands, and release it near a friend so that they would attempt to catch it in their teeth, only to be sprayed by the horrid fluid. Much to the joy and laughter of the prankster. In time, this would be come to be known as classic comedy.

As the era went on, friendships emerged and the ties between individuals grew stronger and closer. While this did not lead to a massive change in the lives of the greenskins, they were happier and closer knit than they were before. Though, the unfortunate practice of pulling a tiger’s tail while it was asleep to hear the beast yowl in fright did become ingrained in the culture. It was seen as a prank for only the most daring, and it soon came to pass that only those who had lived through this most dangerous of mischiefs did come to lead the greenskins. Some come to recognize the work of Chromatic Wing, and often use his name as a bit of comic relief. Often after getting pranked, one would jokingly invoke the god, thanking them for the happiness the prankster had given them.

The Ice Walkers

Farest to the north one may glimpse the nomadic Ice Walker. These regal men and women live in the harsh northern reaches of the Nevermelt. Their lives are harsher than the winds, and their constitution harder than glacier, but their hearts remain ever warm against the cold. They follow the caribou and the bisonyaks across the ice, rarely staying anywhere save the valleys for long. They do often travel through the ice spires, but never stay for long, for danger has been known to dwell there.

So too do they take to the waters, with clubs of blue ice they break through the shallow ice to the water below, casting in scraps of flesh upon hooks of bone and line of bisonyak yarn. The fishers are rather skilled in this practice, and have great renown among the peoples, but this is likely only due to the danger of the method. Far too often an unskilled fisherman will be dragged beneath the ice, never to be seen again. Thus, only those with skill survive to reap the prestige of the risky life they live.

Their culture revolves around making use of all things available to them. Men and pregnant women skin the beasts and scale the fish, while the women and they boys hunt the ice. While fishing is seen as a masculine pursuit, the use of a bow is entirely femine. Though, all are taught how to use the bow in their youth, the men of the ice walkers grow into more stationary pursuits leaving the chasing and the hauling of hunts to those better suited for it.

Cannibalism is not an uncommon practice among the ice walkers. When a member of a tribe perishes, they are ceremony skinned and eaten. While this certainly has a survival aspect involved, much of this is spiritual. To eat the flesh of the father is to impart patience onto the child and his tribe members. To eat of the mother is to impart strength and instinct. Similarly the leather and the bones allow the deceased to watch over and guide those they have left behind. As a consequence, to die upon (or in the case of fishers, beneath) the ice is to give your strength and wisdom to the beast which slayed you, endangering your tribe via empowering the beasts which may come to hunt them.

The Octopi

The fleshsmith spent much of this era among the octopi. They were incredibly abundant in the shallow waters, hunting fish and crab with strange alien intelligence. It was with them the servant, given the spark of mortal intelligence and bound to a god found home. The fleshsmith, while intelligent knew little, and had less explained, it had many an instinct. Eat, sleep, reproduce, these were what Andronii knew. With the powers given to it, these are what it did.

At first, Andronii made themselves large and powerful. They hunted and ate to their heart’s content. For a long time, Andronii was satisfied with the thrill of the hunt, but soon, many of the predators had been routed from the area. So, as they grew bored, they changed themsleves to sleep. They hibernated for a long long time, only to reawaken and find themselves lonely. Changing themselves once more, they became the most attractive of octopi and spent nearly a decade fornicating. So too did this come to lose its entertainment.

It was then that Andronii realized they were lonely. They began to change the life around them, changing his form and that of his children and others so that they could better live and communicate. In time, they took on more humanoid aspects, growing bones and limbs so that they could better build and create. Andronii, his four hundred wives, and a large number of his children then began to build a civilization upon the sea floor. Andronii knew little, but had learned much and by the end of the era, a rough approximation of a civilization was beginning to form around him.

Spoiler: Income Increases (click to show/hide)

And thus, the gods began to stir once more.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 02:23:39 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 10:56:19 am »

[Bookkeeping WIP]

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 03:26:12 pm »

Noxuss reaches out to the nearby volcano, and with a thought his will is done, The whole chunk of land sinks into the depths, (3dp) Knowing this will change many things about it, he next reaches out and Preserves its environment (3cp) Finally he gets up and moves, 5 tiles northwest, 1 tile north.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2019, 03:58:07 pm »

Code: [Select]
Life (for life creation, PLEASE USE THIS SHEET. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BEATEN WITH THE HOLY BEATSTICK OF CHAOS)
Name: Butterdrakes
Appearance: Chromaticwing enhances rainbow energy in its insect-like appendages and spreads them around the forest, the first of its
creations begins to take shape, the [b]Butterdrakes[/b], they are half-dragon and half-butterfly, a myriad of colors that they grow throughout
their years. The front half is draconic, so the reptilian scales and claws in the front and has a lizard-like face.
The bottom half is of the butterfly, with the scales changing into a segmented prothorax and the last pair of legs, attached to the metathorax, are the hind legs that control the
butterfly forewings and hindwings of the creature. The fantastical part is that of all draconic creatures they have a breath weapon, a sleeping
gas breath that makes other creatures fall asleep as they make a quick get away. Even more, they have the activatable ability to become
invisibility to the refractions of light where their cat-sized body and quiet wings fly away, as they grow in age their scales and chitin changes
color and they gain the ability of an elder, elder Butterdrakes can create illusions around them in their environment, manipulating light and
shadows to cause mirages and things that mortals and other creatures would see as real effectively making other creatures have hallucinations.
The scales changes from red, orange, yellow, green where the dog-sized elders are blue, indigo, and violet. Even if they don’t currently have
sapience, their mischief and trickery nature is in their blood they just want to pull practical jokes and only the creature’s that don’t accept or
process their jokes deserve to be eaten, such as bugs and plants, in which the Butterdrakes harvest and eats them.
Traits: Invisibility, Sleep-Breath Weapon, Flight, Masters of Illusions, Trickersters, Age-Scaling Scale Colours

Second Act: Alter a group of organisms: 2DP (Use all 3DP)
Chromatic manipulates the Greenskin tribe around its area to become more docile and laid-back, not becoming scared and hostile at a moment notice. Pivotal brain functioning around the Greenskins mortals are removed through the alterations of Chromatic manipulating of rainbow energy, where the red energy vibrates and makes all the other colors fade to the red energy. Anyways, the Greenskins notice their way of thinking and working around the world is that much fuzzier, with neural processing that make them afraid and hostile become weaker in their brain, they can finally see the world as it truly is, a place where fun and friendship can emerge.

Third Act: Since Chromaticwing is an idol, the god goes to fellow greenskin tribes and will go to other tribes, utilizing its Idol nature, to make them worship the Rainbow Dragon and see them as their own creator and protector.
Pages: 1 [2] 3