Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 56254 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2020, 08:41:03 am »

Friedhelm sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I forgot that not everyone I speak with has the same background that I do now. Look, the spell does not scout worlds, it selects those best able to fit the purpose of the caster from everywhere it can reach. You're familiar with sand, yes? It would be like throwing a knife at a pile of sand and hitting one grain in particular. And then doing it again. The scale of the universe is not communicable, and to even suggest that one world was chosen from, multiple times, would be laughable were I in a joking mood."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 16, 2020, 08:51:56 am »

: "Well, I can't say I have your knowledge on the subject matter. But my thought still stands as far as I know; The selection process wasn't random. There was a method behind it, and that method somehow netted you at least three people from the same- or very similar- worlds."
: "I have reason to believe I've done plenty of deductive work in whatever life I've had. And in doing so, it's never a good practice to throw out possibilities that seem ludicrous, if the evidence doesn't provide an alternative explanation."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:28 am »

"Well, no, that is true, but there is another explanation. There must be. Perhaps you forgot, I did explain that both parties must remove their rings in order to bypass the translation."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 16, 2020, 09:10:05 am »

Alec looks behind him, looking for either Julius or Ciera.
: "Hey, could I get one of you to stop by for a minute?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 16, 2020, 10:38:33 am »

Julius looked up from where he was taking notes on the construction of the repeating crossbow that he had obtained during the raid of the cave and walked over.

"You have need of us?" he asked cordially
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 16, 2020, 10:42:09 am »

The bard nods, still twirling his All-Tongues ring between his fingers.
: "Sorry to bother you about this again, but I've been asking about the method that summoned us here and whether it could summon people from the same world, and our friend needs some help determining whether we really speak the same language. Mind taking off your ring?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 16, 2020, 10:50:02 am »

"Ah yes, this matter again. Certainly."

Julius slipped off his ring and held it in the air for all to see.

"In the name of justice we shall spread the hope I have seen in these walls throughout the land." he spoke, reciting some orphaned line that he drew from the recesses of his memory.
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 16, 2020, 10:52:09 am »

Alec blinked.
: "Interesting line, there. Any idea where that came from?"
Hopefully, with both of their rings off, Friedhelm could tell that the two were still conversing normally.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 16, 2020, 10:57:52 am »

The old warlock sighed and finished his drink.

"Perhaps we will regain more of our memories soon and be able to speak of gentler things than the world's ruin."

"I sense what layeth before me was far worse...but, I cannot recall it yet. So, like a child, I will treasure mine ignorance and hold close the good memories of sunlight and joy...and thinketh not, about the long night to come.

But...gentler things.

Thou seemed to enjoy the Siegbrau? Would thy like to know how I made it?"
Iris teased, gently.

She looked around in mock suspicion.

"Well, don't even ask. I can't tell anyone outside of my family. It's only traded between close partners and their children." She said lightly. "Perhaps, I am the last person in all existence who knows the recipe. Very dramatic, yes?"  Iris finished whimsically...though a bit sadly. Some part of her wondered if the secret would perish with her. A memory was fragile thing when held in the mind of a single person...and Iris couldn't help but wonder how much of her world now lived solely within the bounds of her heart and mind.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:01:22 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 16, 2020, 11:01:02 am »

"I cannot say for sure. Only that I believe them to be something that I have said in the past. I feel like... there's quite a bit of import attached to them. And also maybe... something else. Regret perhaps? I cannot imagine why though."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 16, 2020, 11:02:16 am »

Friedhelm scratched at the back of his head. "There is... Just no way. You're putting me on." Friedhelm's face contorted and he pressed a fist to his lips, thinking hard. "Right. I am going to give you a phrase to speak back to me. And I am going to remove my own ring, to hear it as you will hear it from me. That should clear up any lingering doubts."

"I would like you both, at my signal, to repeat the phrase: The final days of the Dragon King were soaked in blood."
Friedhelm took off his ring, holding it up for the two men to see, and then held out his hand expectantly.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 16, 2020, 11:08:56 am »

Julius raised his good eyebrow and then repeated what had been said to him.

"The final days of the Dragon King were soaked in blood."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:20:44 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 16, 2020, 11:17:20 am »

Alec pinches the edges of his ring with his fingers, minimizing contact with the ring's surface, before speaking.
: "The final days of the Dragon King were soaked in blood."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 16, 2020, 11:20:51 am »

"I know enough about people to know you don't ask a woman her secrets."

Vahn considered the last few drops of siegbrau that stubbornly clung to his mug despite his earlier attempts to polish the drink off.

"Dramatic indeed. I wonder how much knowledge we all take with us... and how much of it is discovered again. Perhaps someone will make something very like siegbrau again one day - not the way you make it, but close enough. And they will think it their own invention. Perhaps it is good that some things are forgotten, so they can be created again, in a new shape."

He turned back to Iris.

"I take it you do remember some good, along with the bad?"

He meant her referring to memories of sunlight and joy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 16, 2020, 11:27:57 am »

Friedhelm was silent for a few moments before launching into a stream of what were probably words. After a short time he slipped his ring back on. "-ludicrous! And he said they weren't even the only two? The odds of this are- I don't know what they are but they are stupid."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73