Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 56256 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »

The stranger takes a look at a handful of the tomes, squinting at them as he attempts to decipher their text, tabbing through tome after tome. After a few moments, he slips the green-gem-adorned ring back on, soon finding the tomes legible to him after a moment.
: "...Hm."

He gathers a backpack, a notebook, a non-magical flute that seemed to be in good condition, and as many tomes and musical artifacts as he could carry.
Obtain: Primer Bolt, Charming Flute, Hermes Whistle, Lucky Stars, Concoction.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2019, 09:28:06 pm »

"We do have a stables, yes. Warhorses, Pegasi, and Wyverns. The most common of the mount types found in most worlds. And Otiros, if you have the capability to create your own weaponry, you are free to make use of the materials we have here."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2019, 09:29:32 pm »

Before she even got to the weapons, Catherine found a small supply of books and writing implements. She let out a quiet sigh as she got the things into her hands, some tension seeming to ease up, before opening the book and starting to rapidly jot down notes. She had to write down everything she'd learned so far, so she could compare once her memories returned. She didn't know for certain what she did normally - the earlier assessment of scholar felt right; it lined up well with her thought processes and instincts, so far as she could observe them - but this note taking definitely felt like something she did. She looked up and started looking through the tomes, her hand still writing rapidly as she did.

"Mmm. A good selection of offensive tomes. I assume, at least; I don't remember how many such armories usually contain."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2019, 09:34:11 pm »

Hoshiko grabs a Reinforced Iron Longbow, a Silver Razor, an Eagle Longbow, a Glue Pack, and a Concoction.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2019, 09:34:47 pm »

As he secures the last of the items he retrieved, he takes out the notebook he had obtained. However, the stranger glances over at Catherine as she starts to jot down her notes. He approaches her and attempts to get her attention with a subtle wave, speaking somewhat quietly.
: "Pardon me. Can I ask a favor? I need to test a theory."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2019, 09:38:56 pm »

Catherine diverted her attention from the books and to the man, still writing even as she spoke.

"Of course. What kind of theory do you mean?" Always happy to help with that kind of thing, really.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2019, 09:42:07 pm »

The stranger couldn't help but stifle a small laugh.
: "Hah, I see you're pretty quick with a quill too."
He raises his right hand, displaying the All-Tongues ring prominently, before he slips it off.
: "...Even now, you can still understand me, right?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2019, 09:44:59 pm »

Catherine raised an eyebrow.

"Perfectly clear." This was about the rings, then. Interesting... "So it seems that the fact I still have mine allows me to understand. Does it perhaps work by translating incoming speech, rather than outgoing?"
Sigtext!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2019, 09:46:26 pm »

The stranger nods.
: "Hmm, and yet, I can understand you. It may be the case it translates both what the wearer hears and speaks. Mind trying to take yours off, then?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 09:50:48 pm by CrimsonEon »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2019, 09:50:28 pm »

Catherine thinks about that for a moment - his ring off and they could still understand each other. Interesting. For the first time in the conversation she paused in her writing, closing her book (marking her place with the tool) and tucking it under her arm as she slipped the ring off. She knew where it was going but allowed the man to speak first.
Sigtext!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2019, 09:51:19 pm »

"Thank you. This will do for now, yes."
Get two reinforced steel crossbows, silver crossbow and a concoction.
Now that he was satisfied with the result, he began to put bandoleers on the crossbow to be able to carry them all at the same time. Needless to say each step he gave made his presence all too noticeable with the heavy clanking.
"I do hope we have enough time to harvest better materials in these worlds. You can only do so much with iron and steel."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2019, 09:52:56 pm »

The stranger paused, as if expecting Catherine to speak herself, but after a moment does so himself.
: "Well?"
He paused again, before continuing with a smirk.
: "...I guess I should say a few more words, just to really test it, right?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2019, 09:54:59 pm »

With neither of them wearing the rings, Catherine found herself completely unable to understand a single word from Alec's mouth. How bizarre.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2019, 09:58:28 pm »

To confirm the test, Catherine spoke herself.

"I'd say the experiment was a success. I can't understand a word you're saying, and I suspect it's mutual." she glanced back at the tomes, noticing the words had become illegible. Her own writing though, was perfectly readable. "And I can't read other languages either, apparently." She would then slip the ring back on.
Sigtext!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2019, 10:01:36 pm »

The stranger, too, fitted his ring back onto his right ring finger.
: "Sure enough, couldn't get a word of that."
: "Thanks for the help, every little scrap of information counts in a situation like this."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 73