Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 56284 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2019, 02:03:45 pm »

Bemused, Vahn shuffled about a bit so he was leaning on his staff with his right arm and holding his left hand out. As he posed for the artist, he responded to Branwen.

"If our summoner is to be believed, we shall have our memories back soon enough. We merely need patience. In the meantime, we can extrapolate what little we know about ourselves to make guesses, and then see how correct they are. For example, I took the liberty of looking under my shirt while no one was paying attention to me. My stomach is naught but scar tissue. So are my forearms. I'm in constant pain, and I can tell I'm old from the color of my hair, the creaking of my joints, the wrinkles around my eyes. I can only conclude that I am an experienced warrior of some description, who was talented with magic in his prime, and I must have had many, many close calls."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2019, 02:09:22 pm »

"....far too many, it would seem. You must have been quite the warrior."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2019, 02:23:37 pm »

"My age and injuries would suggest that, if nothing else, I was a survivor, and if the guardian did want warriors then I would assume I am as you say I am. And you must be as well."

Vahn laughed quietly to himself.

"Strange that I would be among so many young men and women. I feel quite outclassed if I'm of the same skill as everyone else, and it took me this long to get there."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2019, 02:31:53 pm »

"It is better to fear the old man in a profession where young men are common. At least, I believe that is how that works."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2019, 03:25:59 pm »

Iris began working as soon as she could-it only few moments it took her to whip up a picture. It was clear she could compose almost as fast as thought.

She frowned half way through.

"...Well that is interesting. Your...essence...is altering my palette.

I'm trying to rearrange the fruit to be the way it was, but it doesn't want to be exactly the same thing now. Its trying to be something more familiar to you, something connected to the world you came from? Its like dropping a new color of paint into a solution. The hue is very different. I think...I can force it to be something its not, but that will cost me more of my reserves...the art needs to be true to your spirit...and the objects of this world still have a different wave than yours...oh, never mind, I'm babbling...

Oh well. I'd better not touch of your essence anyway...who knows what the ritual did to our spirits..."

It was at this point Vahn would have felt a tingling as small motes of light and dark swirled from the easel, and reconstituted something into his hand-a perfectly healthy, plump fruit.

It would in fact taste delicious and tart-curiously, it would taste exactly like avakodo would taste to the memory of Iris. And to vahn it would taste like a fruit he enjoyed. This fruit was not either of those. And despite it all, it would be...unsatisfying, on some deep level. Artificial. Not as good as the real thing. Somehow you would just know.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 03:27:47 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2019, 04:29:54 pm »

"Perhaps your appearance is normal for your world? I'm certain you'll remember soon. It is very interesting though."
"...Who knows, this feels odd and confusing. But I do appreciate the...Compliment."
He gave a brief nod to the trio (Alec, Julius and Branwen) who were willing to assist him with the situation before speaking up again.
"I also would like to thank you three for assisting me to figure out what was wrong. "

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2019, 04:38:12 pm »

"Indeed? Hmm. Well, let us settle the matter."

Vahn studied the fruit from all angles before reluctantly biting into it (and also being thankful that he still had his teeth, and that they were strong). The skin of the fruit was tough, much like an apple, but the taste of it was... bananas? But also not; more like the aftertaste of bananas than the real thing. How strange. It neither felt nor tasted like what it looked like. He waited a couple of minutes to see if it would burn his throat or cramp his stomach. Neither occurred, and he was hungry enough, so he finished the food. It didn't do to be wasteful.

"It was odd. It lingered on the edge of unpalatable, but it wasn't quite bad. Perhaps that was the interference you spoke of."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2019, 04:43:51 pm »

Perhaps there was something to what the others were saying, about familiar objects bringing memories back. As Gregor took up a lance from one of the many racks scattered about, the wood and metal seemed to warm under his fingers. Making a few experimental sweeps and lunges with the weapon, it became clear that the lance wasn't merely a tool for fighting; to him, it was a part of his own body. It spun in his hands, dancing about before executing a perfect stab into a handy straw dummy.

Muscle memory, Gregor thought to himself. Even if he had no real recollection of any training, clearly he was - or had been - an accomplished spearfighter. He tried a few other weapons, but none of them had the same feel in his hands and the magic items failed to do anything at all. Well, that pretty much confirmed he wasn't a mage of any sort. His sister, though...

Wait, hold on. He had a sister? Yes, he did! A sister, and two brothers. Their names escaped him, but Gregor knew his sister was a mage and his brothers were accomplished knights. He was pretty sure he himself was the youngest of the lot. This would be an interesting story to tell them, if he even remembered it when he got back to his world.

Putting his memories on hold for the moment, Gregor stocked up with several different lances, including one balanced for throwing in case he needed to hit something more than a few feet away. He also took up a small shield - more for deflecting than for blocking - and a few bottles of what looked (and smelled) like medicine.

Gregor takes the following:
Iron Greatlance
Silver Javelin
Pike
Concoction
There was a Shield Ring here but BMM42 hates fun.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 08:01:15 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »

Catherine nodded, and then started sorting through the books again. She had a few specific things in mind... the fire tomes felt the most familiar, but she took a few light tomes as well.

Arcfire, Arcthunder, Ray, Thani, and a Concoction.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:06:26 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2019, 11:20:58 am »

"It was odd. It lingered on the edge of unpalatable, but it wasn't quite bad. Perhaps that was the interference you spoke of."

"An imperfect creation...or maybe you're just very peckish...ohoho...

...Still, I feel these little mysteries...they were very important to who I was. My work...the work was everything to me. I can't help but shake a feeling of profound failure that it wasn't...absolutely perfect. The need to correct it all...and to make it better..."
Iris shook her head sadly. It was clear regaining her memories would reassert who she had been...good and bad.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:22:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2019, 12:08:31 pm »

"Perhaps all of us have such little mysteries that we must solve to regain our memories faster and....perhaps we could collaborate to aid each other in that quest."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2019, 12:21:30 pm »

"This 'work' you speak of... almost sounds like a religion, perhaps. And your white clothes might be those of a priestess of your world."

Vahn turned to Branwen.

"Perhaps, indeed. My muscles seem to remember more than I do; I found myself looking for things about my person, without remember what they are or why I would need them. Even this staff feels familiar, but not quite the same. Perhaps my hands are used to a particular walking stick."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2019, 01:29:30 pm »

"I'll help as best I can...though I sense my nature isn't the sort who really helps others...I can't shake the feeling at times that you're all not really people, just props on a stage I'm performing on.

Maybe its not exactly a trait I like about myself. I could be a better person than I was."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2019, 04:49:12 pm »

Otiros was just finishing to adjust a bayonet on the third crossbow before his attention returned to the one in charge of this odd operation.
"Will we be visiting these worlds in a specific other? Just curious if we have to follow some sort of order to prevent these relics from being damaged or cause a chain reaction."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2019, 09:20:05 pm »

"I have an order in mind, though its not in service of the relics themselves, but your ability to recover them. Once we have what we need, I can use them to empower you further to gather the rest as necessary."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 73