Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 56263 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2019, 10:04:06 pm »

"And of course, I couldn't understand a word you said. Or read the titles on the shelf for that matter.

Not a problem at all - I suspect I'm the type who likes to know as much as possible about as many things as possible."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2019, 10:07:47 pm »

After making his own annotations, Otiros moved closer to both Catherine and Alec in hopes of understanding something.
"Is there something off with my head? A few moments ago I could swear I was producing a green cloud, is this still a side effect of Friedhelm's magic?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2019, 10:10:08 pm »

The stranger quickly takes out his own notebook, scribbling a large amount of scrawled notes at a breakneck pace.
: "I tend to agree, moreso when there's a number of gaping holes in my memory. Maybe the old man was right and I am a scholar, too."
His mouth slanted.
: "Though, somehow, I can't say that sounds right..."
: "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to jump to a conclusion on you being a scholar. Have to say, though, you look the part better than I do."

On Otiros' approach, the green-coated stranger glances at their head, tilting his own head as he looks at their visor.
: "I'm... not sure. It's a pretty big armory and I don't think I caught a glimpse at you earlier..." He squints, "Your helmet... That's an interesting effect it has going on. Is it magic?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2019, 10:15:52 pm »

"It's the main conclusion I've reached as well - it lines up well with the skills I can remember, as well as how I think. At least so far as I can tell, on the latter." When the armored figure came, she looked over. "While I don't know if it's 'off', I did notice that green cloud, yes. Is your armor enchanted?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2019, 10:32:41 pm »

Otiros glanced down at his own armor for a moment and gave a shrug in response to their questions.
"Well... that's the thing, I don't remember if it is enchanted or not. Perhaps it is magic, I do feel a bit light with this armor, and it doesn't exactly look like the kind of armor should would wear with ease."
Soon enough the armored figure extended his hand to offer him a handshake.
"Ah yes, I suppose you were a bit distracted trying to understand your surroundings. My name is Otiros Dryadson."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2019, 11:38:22 pm »

Julius had been silent as he still had a bit of cloudyness in his head, but it was nearly fully faded now. Like quite a few of the others, when presented with the armory he made a beeline for the writing implements, feeling the urge to grab a notebook to record all the things he learned. Immediately afterwards, he began picking through the armory's extensive collection. Among all these varieties, he thought he might get overwhelmed, yet holding each in his hand it seemed there were none that he didn't feel some form of familiarity with. Perhaps he was some form of weapons instructor in his old life? If it was to a highborn house then perhaps that might explain the clothes.

Eventually he selected a sword  that seemed of a good balance for his needs, alongside a dark tome. As he gathered his things however he stopped, seeing an odd ring shaped object he didn't recognize sorted among a rank of odd looking knives and ...what seemed to be various contraptions? Out of curiosity he picked it up and swung it a few times, testing out its weight to get a feel. It seemed likely to be meant for throwing? Nothing in this area of the armory seemed that familiar as conventional weapons to him aside from the knives, but they seemed easy enough to figure out. Perhaps the less familiar ones here were new inventions of some sort? He liked how it felt in his hand however, so he gave the chakrams one last spin around his wrist before attaching it to his belt with the other weapons he had selected.

Julius took Steel Cutlass, Nosferatu, and Chakram

That business done, he turned his attention to to the others in the room, and sidled up to the small group that had started to gather around the purple armored man. If this was to be the grand adventure it had been made out to be in his head, it was best to begin building up that comradery now wouldn't it?

"A-hem. My apologies for interrupting, but if your helm is acting strangely, have you not tried taking it off? Even if whatever effect tied to it isn't apparent from within, if we are to be allies it might do well for us to know your face." he asked, putting on a friendly smile.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:56:17 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2019, 11:46:46 pm »

The stranger exhaled with a smirk before shaking Otiros' hand.
: "Not a problem. As for me, I'm-"
The stranger suddenly drifted off with that last word, looking aside.
: "...Well, this is somewhat awkward, on account of apparently everyone else remembering theirs. But, would you believe me if I said I couldn't remember my own name?"
Standing back, he glances at Julius, brow furrowed. Whether it was in attempting to remember his own name, at pondering Julius' question, or Julius himself, he didn't say.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:51:29 pm by CrimsonEon »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2019, 11:55:54 pm »

Julius noticed the man in the green coat giving him an odd look, and tilted his head questioningly. Had he done something wrong?

"Ah- is something the matter? ...aside from what you just said of course." he asked, something in him feeling a tinge of worry.

Strange that this fellow failed to remember his name. Why this man but not Julius or any of the the others? It seemed quite concerning. Possibly worth questioning the Guardian about perhaps even.
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2019, 12:05:37 am »

The stranger lifted an eyebrow and shook his head.
: "Oh, sorry. There's just a lot to consider at the moment."
He scratches his head.
: "Honestly, I find it somewhat difficult to believe everything being tossed at me right this moment. The fact that my memory isn't whole just adds to that. But, at the very least, my eyes say there's a pretty big force of something headed our way, and I can't say I'm thrilled about the idea of just letting them in."
: "So, hope you all save some room in your ears for a good battle song." He briefly slides the flute he took from the armory out of its case, "I don't see anyone else picking up instruments, so I figure you're all in for a surprise."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2019, 12:09:05 am »

Otiros turned his attention to the newcomer-The same figure who was sounding eager to do all those tasks without making questions earlier. His suggestion was valid, but for some odd reason he didn't even think about doing that before.
"Oh, right I can do that to find out what is causing this."
When the sniper placed his hands on the side of his helmet and began to tug on it, he noticed there was something holding it in place.
"Why would I lock this helmet on my own head? Did someone did this to me?"
After a lot effort, he heard a loud CLICK of something being unlocked behind it, and finally he pulled it away from his head, only to start inspecting it up and down, looking for any sort of gems or runes that could be causing the green glow.
"Done. Now let me check the helmet..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2019, 12:14:58 am »

Branwen will take Steel Greatlance, Iron Heavy Spear, Mend and Concoction.
Branwen looks....generally unfazed by everything that had just happened. As far as she knew, everything that had happened, up to now, was normal.

That.....that definitely wasn't. Branwen even subtly checks her face and cheek to make sure her own head wasn't currently an orb of fire; it wasn't and she was thankful.
".....Forgive me if I do not have the proper understanding, but your head is on fire."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:32:22 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2019, 12:15:59 am »

: "..."
The stranger, likewise, couldn't help but pat the side of his head, as if to check its own integrity.
: "...I believe the issue has become apparent."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2019, 12:16:23 am »

Julius opened his mouth to reply to the stranger, but was interrupted by the momentous helmet removal.

”Hwa- what? What the fuck

Slowly he raised a shaking finger and pointed it at Otiros.

”S-sir are- are you aware that you are fire?”
It's FEF, not FEOF

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2019, 12:22:37 am »

Otiros gave the others a puzzled look the moment they began to talk about his head being on fire.
"What do you mean on 'fire'? I would feel something painful like that."
But as way to prove his point, he moved a hand up and began to press and sway it against his face-Which was making the green cloud spread over and over; that certainly was no fire, instead it was a very dense toxic cloud.
"...Okay, clearly it is not on fire. But WHY does it feel so light? Is your head like this too? Really could use a mirror right now..."
"Tell me, just what exactly are you seeing?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2019, 12:33:00 am »

: "...All right, if you say you're not feeling pain..."
The stranger tilted his head.
: "Well, I see a green, vaporous substance emitting quite fiercely from deeper in your armor. As in, a very, very large cloud that looks plenty like fire. Within that, I see the outline of a head... Actually, I'd call it more of a skull. The skull's-... your skull's-..? The eye sockets are glowing."
: "And, yeah, I would say that our heads very much not like that. Even with my memory blocked out, I would think I'd remember something like this..."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:35:14 am by CrimsonEon »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 73