Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Creation Query  (Read 459 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Creation Query
« on: September 24, 2019, 08:27:20 am »

So, I was re-re-re....reading Boatmurdered last night and the bug for some DF bit me again.  Downloaded the game, set up my world gen with a custom setup I like and it will render away 500 years while I'm out working today. 

I want to find an embark site with a specific topography and needed some insight as to what to look for while browsing around.  I hope someone can help.

I want an elevated area...but I want mountain PEAKS with valleys between then.  High enough that I can make elevated roads between the peaks. 

My issue seems to be I just am not sure what landmarks to look for.  I did a couple of quick world gens this morning to browse.  I looked at the elevation map and found areas with 0-3 and then points with 5-6, but those didn't work there were actually NO super elevated peaks poking up anywhere. 

So, thanks in advance for any guidance.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: World Creation Query
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 10:28:57 am »

That's...not actually quite trivial. I've seen three isolated peaks before in one of vjek's worldgens (you can search in one of the previous worldgen threads; the geography might still work in current version), but quickest way to get it would be to use region manipulator dfhack script.