Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creatures are teleporting through walls?  (Read 556 times)

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creatures are teleporting through walls?
« on: September 23, 2019, 04:53:52 pm »

In my most recent game, I have a one-wide hallway which is bypass cavern, eg:

CCCCCCCCCC
WWWWWWW

Where W is wall and C is cavern layer. The cavern is otherwise completely inaccessible. I confirmed this using DFhack's path-to-location script. 

One of my dwarves managed to end up on the other side of that wall and was mauled by a forgotten beast. Just to confirm this wasn't a one-off, I reloaded my save, and this time the forgotten beast managed to end up on the inside of the hallway!

Is this a known bug?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures are teleporting through walls?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »

Yes, creatures can dodge through walls.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:02:58 pm »

That's quite the bug.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 12:32:31 am »

Why would a dwarf on the inside of a 1-wide tunnel dodge through the wall, if there was nothing to dodge away from? Was that FB breathing something at some other creature just on the other side of the wall?
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 02:34:20 am »

Is there a roof over the tunnel?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?