Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 24198 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2019, 02:56:15 am »

Use the crystal ball to look into the future, try to find ways for using my amplified psionic potential and intellect in research 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2019, 03:10:10 am »

Place the cube on the msyor’s desk, stand on the ground and morph back to human, then ask the mayor “if you had the ability to turn into an animal, what animal would you like to turn into? Do you have any questions about how this device works?”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2019, 05:57:27 am »

"I guess they sold the parking lot separate and I misses out on getting it."
Teach the werewolves some more English while I wait for the repairs to be finished.
(How big is massive, does this mean that I'm gonna end up with Godzilla sized werewolves in the future?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2019, 07:27:42 am »

(Massive is double-sized, and dunno.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:33:48 am by Devastator »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2019, 04:13:50 pm »

keep looking for a company that will fund my project

infect one of the male rats and see how it reacts with the virus when exposed to a few others
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2020, 09:50:13 am »

Check the news, both in general and regarding psionics. Aid in teaching the classes where possible.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2020, 06:31:11 pm »

Quote from: Glass
"I don't know, I just thought you might. Maybe aspirations wasn't the right word. Do you have any goals, specific objectives you want to make happen?"

Let's work on getting some of these code structures patented. I might even be able to get multiple patents for different parts of this whole thing!
[7] (precog)irrelevant]"Nothing right now, but I will ponder my future." Thoth begins to set goals up.
Patents you say? Here are your patents: efficient analytics code structure, efficient probability code, and efficient learning algorithm. Congratulations you have just surpassed the halfway mark.

Quote from: sprinkled chariot
Use the crystal ball to look into the future, try to find ways for using my amplified psionic potential and intellect in research 
[1]You fell for the old lady's scam and are out $890. She did not teach you a thing.

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Place the cube on the msyor’s desk, stand on the ground and morph back to human, then ask the mayor “if you had the ability to turn into an animal, what animal would you like to turn into? Do you have any questions about how this device works?”
[5]"Any animal, it would have to be a fox," she says with a wink. "As for questions . . . I can't think of any."

Quote from: King Zultan
"I guess they sold the parking lot separate and I misses out on getting it."
Teach the werewolves some more English while I wait for the repairs to be finished.
(How big is massive, does this mean that I'm gonna end up with Godzilla sized werewolves in the future?)
[3](massive is double normal(~12 feet tall), werewolves are much bigger than your average human but not Godzilla big(massive is as tall as they will get) the growth is also their health)The werewolves struggle a bit on their speaking, tho they progress a little.
Sorry I was wrong on size last turn the werewolf went from normal to large(~9 feet tall)

Quote from: darkwarlock3
keep looking for a company that will fund my project

infect one of the male rats and see how it reacts with the virus when exposed to a few others
[4]You found one, they will give you $1,770 now and a 96% share of any profits off it.
The rat immediately gave the other rats the virus. That was it.
lab rats are now infected with the Darius Virus.

Quote from: Dustan Hache
Check the news, both in general and regarding psionics. Aid in teaching the classes where possible.
[3 (psychic)reroll: 4 (precog)reroll: 5]People have stopped being wary of psionics and have become neutral to psionics. You aid in teaching 25 more psychics(10 telepaths, 5 telpaths/telekinetics, 10 telekinitics). All your student join the workforce.

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 50(15 rejecting(turning next turn)[{previous 37 eliminated by the military})
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 45/200(Thoth gives 10, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 155(117 telepaths; 25 telekinetics; and 13 telepaths/telekinetics)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

*pulls hair out* The AIs are the most pain to calculated, when they dup again I am goin to change how I calculate their growth. Also the credit system will be in soonish(before or after Glass wins).

Edit: I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ I realize that there is already a channel for this game on the General server so we can stay there if you prefer.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:18:28 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2020, 06:47:31 pm »

manipulate the Darius virus to increase the hunger of infected even further

observe the lab rats, see if any mutations happen

put out a job description for a lab assistant
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2020, 10:05:27 pm »

“Let’s find a fox” Buy some meat from a butcher and search for a fox. If found, try feeding it some meat so the mayor can touch it without getting hurt

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2020, 11:05:49 pm »

Visit the proper  psychic education courses

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2020, 03:16:13 am »

Go check on the repairs and see how there doing, then go back to my lab and bring all the equipment to the hospital, then sell the lab or stop paying rent on it if I don't own it, also see how the werewolves feel about their current situation.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2020, 08:19:01 am »

Let’s resume research into more improvements to SSDs and RAM.
Additionally, does Thoth have any insights into other, non-computer-related sciences? Let’s say material science and chemistry, can they come up with any new materials and chemicals with interesting and useful properties? Materials that somehow affect psionic ability and powers may be worth investigating, if any leads show up on that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:57:23 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2020, 12:18:54 pm »

Lets start scaling the rollout up a bit. Take a few of the best and brightest telepaths and telekinetics from the previous classes, and recruit them as teachers. More teachers means more class capacity, and more capacity means faster training, both due to the number of students and less of the teacher's focus being split, which allows them to either focus on prodigal students, or help those that are falling behind get the basics down.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2020, 05:55:12 pm »

Quote from: darkwarlock3
manipulate the Darius virus to increase the hunger of infected even further

observe the lab rats, see if any mutations happen

put out a job description for a lab assistant
[1 (virus)reroll: 6]You double how intense the hunger of infected is. Intensity(hunger): 32(they must eat at least every 45 min)
The rats do not start eating each other, yet, and have gain no new mutations.
You put out the description and 19 people are interested.

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
“Let’s find a fox” Buy some meat from a butcher and search for a fox. If found, try feeding it some meat so the mayor can touch it without getting hurt
[3]The mayor pays for the meat(you might want to get some funds), tho you have no luck in finding a fox.

Quote from: sprinkled chariot
Visit the proper  psychic education courses
[2]You fail to find the proper psychic education courses. Maybe you are not meant to become a psychic.

Quote from: King Zultan
Go check on the repairs and see how there doing, then go back to my lab and bring all the equipment to the hospital, then sell the lab or stop paying rent on it if I don't own it, also see how the werewolves feel about their current situation.
[4]The repairs finished with no hassles. You bring back all the equipment from you lab, considering your lab was an lease you cancel the lease. The werewolves are ok with their current situation, they know nothing else. The second werewolf becomes large.

Quote from: Glass
Let’s resume research into more improvements to SSDs and RAM.
Additionally, does Thoth have any insights into other, non-computer-related sciences? Let’s say material science and chemistry, can they come up with any new materials and chemicals with interesting and useful properties? Materials that somehow affect psionic ability and powers may be worth investigating, if any leads show up on that.

[7 (precog reroll irreverent)]You make significant progress on your research into improved SSDs and RAM(+107 progress).
Thoth has little insight into non-computer-related sciences(ever since its issues with psychics it has put most of its processors to figure out psychics and has gotten nowhere).

Quote from: Dustan Hache
Lets start scaling the rollout up a bit. Take a few of the best and brightest telepaths and telekinetics from the previous classes, and recruit them as teachers. More teachers means more class capacity, and more capacity means faster training, both due to the number of students and less of the teacher's focus being split, which allows them to either focus on prodigal students, or help those that are falling behind get the basics down.
[6 (psychics)reroll: 2 (precog reroll irrelevant)] You decide to have the 13 telepaths/telekinetics become teachers, each can teach 10 students effectively(130 psychics trained every 2 turns from teachers). Of course their pay comes from you(-39 credits/turn)

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 72(1 rejecting(turning next turn)[{previous 15 eliminated by the military})
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 167/200(Thoth gives 10, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 155(117 telepaths; 25 telekinetics; and 13 telepaths/telekinetics); 13 teachers(130 new psychics every 2 turns)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

Funding system rework: everything cost/gives credits, only round number.
Assistants: treated like AI(just not as great), different types give different bonuses(or none at all), can be told to work on projects without supervision(each assistant give 5 progress to the project).

Also I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ I realize that there is already a channel for this game on the General server so we can stay there if you prefer.

As always inform me of any errors and have fun.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2020, 06:03:25 pm »

Attempt to fill in gaps in protein x dna code, which imply that it is not just weird alien dna, but sentient lifeform of high intellect capable of rapid controlled evolution   
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19