Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 24215 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2019, 09:31:38 pm »

Sure, I can do 41%.
Additionally, let's get some more RAM to give to Thoth and, er, his sibling(s)? And also do more research and development on the better RAM (we already made data storage much better, let's figure out a different part of computing now).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 26, 2019, 10:37:40 pm »

manipulate the Darius virus so when infected eat non-infected it cause them to mutate, the mutation are random but always increase there capabilities to hunt/fight
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2019, 07:13:52 am »

Higher the roofers and repair men, then go check on the hospitals security system and see if it needs work / is still there, then go see if the windows have bars on them and if the doors are reinforced, have the werewolves follow me around while I do these things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2019, 07:32:24 am »

Focus on  mental power quality of protein-x, then visit some classes for psychics out there in town 

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2019, 02:38:38 pm »

figure out why they're having issues with training. Also, look into getting the freshly trained psychics jobs in security or freight shipping for telepaths and telekinetics respectively. Lets show the world that Thoth was wrong!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2019, 09:16:49 pm »

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Tell the mayor “I have a device that allows someone to turn into an animal they touch. Someone can stay as the animal for 24 hours before being trapped as your morph. Would you like me to show you?’ If yes, turn into a cardinal, if no, ask if she wants to come to my lab to gain the power
[4]She is wary of seeing someone transform, tho does not wish to go with a complete stranger. In the end you transform into a cardinal and she is stunned silent.

Quote from: Glass
Sure, I can do 41%.
Additionally, let's get some more RAM to give to Thoth and, er, his sibling(s)? And also do more research and development on the better RAM (we already made data storage much better, let's figure out a different part of computing now).

[6 (precog reroll irrelevant)]You accept the 41% and are told your get the first check next turn. You get more RAM, 55GB to be exact. You made a breakthrough and have made a 168GB RAM stick and replace all of the smaller sticks in the AI core with it.
preformatted computer know called AI core; AI core has: 168 RAM(1 168GB) and 256 memory(2 128TB SSDs)

Quote from: darkwarlock3
manipulate the Darius virus so when infected eat non-infected it cause them to mutate, the mutation are random but always increase there capabilities to hunt/fight
[1 (virus)reroll:6](why every turn)Once again you modify the Darius virus and this time it was not what you were hope, it was better. Darius virus gains mutation(strength): 19%(chance someone with the virus will get this(strength) mutation)

Quote from: King Zultan
Higher the roofers and repair men, then go check on the hospitals security system and see if it needs work / is still there, then go see if the windows have bars on them and if the doors are reinforced, have the werewolves follow me around while I do these things.
[6]You hire the roofers and repair men for $5,450. The hospital security system still works and there are bars on all the windows and the doors are reinforce. All the while you are marveling at how everything is how you want and the werewolves are fascinated by their new territory.

Quote from: sprinkled chariot
Focus on  mental power quality of protein-x, then visit some classes for psychics out there in town 
[3]You increase the intelligence, psychic potential, and cognitive abilities in protein-x(I'm going to assume that protein-x 2.0 has replaced protein-x as protein-x) by 1%. Next you try to visit a psychic class, it is being lead by a crazy old lady that claims she has seen the future and WW3 is inevitable.

Quote from: Dustan Hache
figure out why they're having issues with training. Also, look into getting the freshly trained psychics jobs in security or freight shipping for telepaths and telekinetics respectively. Lets show the world that Thoth was wrong!
[2 (psychic)reroll: 3 (precog)reroll: 1]It turns out that people are not as willing to be taught psionics, Tho you get 91 more students this turn(86 telepaths and 5 telekinetics). They are not as well received as you might like, the normal people don't like their minds being read(they feel violated). The freight workers are somewhat ok, it makes their jobs easier?

Quote from: news
Thanks to the work of the computer scientist names Sydney Hertz the next level of SSDs, with a capacity of 128TBs, are now becoming available for use. The tech companies and her have reached a settlement and she will be raking in a whopping 41% of profits made from the sale of designs. The other tech companies are working on designs of their own to get around the patent, tho word has it that she has an AI assistant helping her so we might be seeing more form her in the future.
Thanks to the efforts of Dr. Adderson the first psychics not working for him are now entering the work sites in fields that they would excel at. Let's hope they don't take over completely.

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 32(13 rejecting(turning next turn))
Thoth AIs: 2
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 15/200(Thoth gives 10, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 10(7 telepaths; 2 telekinetics; and 1 telepath, telekinetic)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

The rolls are many, the info is a lot, and my brain is hurting.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:24:07 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2019, 09:48:41 pm »

Find a pencil and use my feet to grip it, then search for a paper and write “I can bring the Morphing cube here to allow you to gain the ability to turn into animals as well” After writing this, fly to my lab

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2019, 11:21:07 pm »

I contact a company that would be interested in funding my project

I also get some lab rats to test the virus on

I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2019, 12:44:30 am »

Learn us your precognition skills, so we can see it? 

If I fail to learn anything go and find better classes

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2019, 07:36:30 am »

"I'm surprised the security stuff is still here, I'd figured druggies would have stolen it."
Now that the buildings taken care of lets look around at the grounds, parking lot, driveways, and fences if there are any, and make sure the werewolves follow me while I do this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:00 am »

Remind all the new telepaths (especially those employed in security) that Telepathy can be used for communication as well as mind reading. In fact, that's what they primarily should be doing, as a means of coordinating with other security guards. As a practice, have them ask themselves "How would I feel if my inner thoughts and desires were made public?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2019, 10:10:07 am »

Let’s see about hiring some of Dr. Adderson’s psychics to help me with my research, and get to work looking through Thoth’s code for previously-unused algorithms that could be used to increase efficiency in other software.
Also, ask Thoth about their aspirations.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2019, 10:55:18 am »

Let’s see about hiring some of Dr. Adderson’s psychics to help me with my research, and get to work looking through Thoth’s code for previously-unused algorithms that could be used to increase efficiency in other software.

Allow her to hire some of the precogs. She can probably make good use of them.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2019, 01:13:32 am »

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Find a pencil and use my feet to grip it, then search for a paper and write “I can bring the Morphing cube here to allow you to gain the ability to turn into animals as well” After writing this, fly to my lab
[6]You write that perfectly, fly back to your lab, grip the cube in your feet and than fly right back. Did I mention that when you got back to the mayor's office the cube was still in your feet? Because it was.

Quote from: darkwarlock3
I contact a company that would be interested in funding my project

I also get some lab rats to test the virus on
[2]You fail to find a company to fund your project, I wonder why. You end up getting 9 lab rats.
Gain 9 lab rats(4 male, 5 female)

Quote from: sprinkled chariot
Learn us your precognition skills, so we can see it? 

If I fail to learn anything go and find better classes
[5]She teaches you how to use a crystal ball, you can now use crystal ball to see the future(gives no bonus or malice, yet)

Quote from: King Zultan
"I'm surprised the security stuff is still here, I'd figured druggies would have stolen it."
Now that the buildings taken care of lets look around at the grounds, parking lot, driveways, and fences if there are any, and make sure the werewolves follow me while I do this.
[1]What grounds? You find no parking lot(wait that parking lot is not yours), a broken up driveway(how did you miss this), and no fences. The nearest parking lot is for the business next door.
1 of the werewolves becomes massive(twice as big as normal, reduce growth rate)

Remind all the new telepaths (especially those employed in security) that Telepathy can be used for communication as well as mind reading. In fact, that's what they primarily should be doing, as a means of coordinating with other security guards. As a practice, have them ask themselves "How would I feel if my inner thoughts and desires were made public?"
[5 (psycic)reroll: 5 (precog)reroll: 6]The telepaths understand and stop using telepathy to read the inner thoughts of people, period. They have become less useful in interrogations, tho just the thought that telepaths could find out anyway has made a few people spill the beans.

Allow her to hire some of the precogs. She can probably make good use of them.
{2 (precog)reroll: 5]Dr. Adderson lets you hire some(going to say this is half) of the precogs. You all find a lot of code that is can be used in other software to increase efficiency(43GBs of Thoth's code copied for future use)
"Why would I have any aspirations?"
+1 roll(Dr. Adderson’s psychics) regained; 43GBs of software efficiency code

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 53(37 rejecting(turning next turn)[{previous 13 eliminated by the military})
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 30/200(Thoth gives 10, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 10(7 telepaths; 2 telekinetics; and 1 telepath, telekinetic)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

Soo much stuff.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2019, 01:17:21 am »

"I don't know, I just thought you might. Maybe aspirations wasn't the right word. Do you have any goals, specific objectives you want to make happen?"

Let's work on getting some of these code structures patented. I might even be able to get multiple patents for different parts of this whole thing!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19