Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Evolution 4: Panspermia  (Read 4494 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution 4: Panspermia
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2019, 03:34:06 pm »

I don't think the Cleaners have a spoiler.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2019, 04:13:35 pm »

I don't think the Cleaners have a spoiler.

Will fix!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2019, 05:25:22 pm »

Seems cool so far!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 10:08:44 pm »

PTW.

I hummed and hahh'd about joining, and in the end, had the decision made for me. Will enjoy the adventure as I read though :)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 11:01:38 pm »

Not too late! If you'd like to play, you can join as an indigenous species since I'll be adding some NPCs.

Or, if you're interested in just making a few NPC creatures and plants, always open to submissions.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2019, 07:57:56 pm »

Could we get a brief description of the new indigenus species? I pieced together some of the informations, but i am not sure i got everything right.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 08:12:06 pm »

Can we get more information on the areas that are getting the most overgrazing? Kelp Forest, the seaweed place, etc. Also could we evolve to increase our brain power and like migrate to the freshwater river canals, so that we have an entrance point to the island (maybe would need to adapt freshwater survivability then...)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2019, 09:44:00 am »

Could we get a brief description of the new indigenus species? I pieced together some of the informations, but i am not sure i got everything right.
Sure, though this won't be a comprehensive list or full description.
Cube crabs: A family of various types of crabs, which when they draw their limbs up to their bodies, form a roughly cube shape. Hard carapace, strong claws, carnivore/scavenger. Red cube crabs are about 3x3, while blue ones are 7x7.
Kelp Snake: A venomous snake, about 3x10. Camouflages itself as a kelp frond and waits for prey to come close. Carnivorous and venomous.
Glow slug: About 1x1, if not smaller, glowing slug with venomous stingers across its entire body.
Sword Gar: A very large predatory fish which primarily lives in fresh or brackish waters, ventures out into the ocean to hunt.
Puffer whale: A very large predatory fish which lives in the depths, ventures into the shallows to hunt.
Thundershell: A large clam, about 30x20 at adulthood, but grows very slowly. Most commonly 10x10. Thick shell, able to deal an electric shock.
Giant urchin: A family of large urchins, ranging from 5x5 to 40x40. Purple urchins are 5x5, grey are 15x15, and white are 40x40.
Sea ants: Colonies of 1x1 aquatic insects which form large nests of saliva hardened sand and debris. Mildly territorial.
Kelp grouper: A moderately sized fish, which is fairly territorial. Lives exclusively in the kelp forest.
Tangle star: A bristle starfish-like creature which grows and additional tentacle about every month, can become quite large.

That's what I remember off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more that I can't remember, so if there's any specific species you need additional info on, let me know.

Can we get more information on the areas that are getting the most overgrazing? Kelp Forest, the seaweed place, etc. Also could we evolve to increase our brain power and like migrate to the freshwater river canals, so that we have an entrance point to the island (maybe would need to adapt freshwater survivability then...)

The sea grass prairies and the kelp forest do have more leafy vegetation and do get considerably more grazing than the coral reefs. Though, urchins do eat some of the soft corals, they're most often partial to green vegetation.

As for increasing your brain power, yes you can do all of that. Any time you give your species a new behavior, it increases their Mind stat. This does contribute to your growth limit coefficient, so be wary of stacking lots of behaviors without evolutions to increase their effectiveness at gathering food/reproduction. 

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2019, 11:12:18 am »

Sure, though this won't be a comprehensive list or full description.
Cube crabs: A family of various types of crabs, which when they draw their limbs up to their bodies, form a roughly cube shape. Hard carapace, strong claws, carnivore/scavenger. Red cube crabs are about 3x3, while blue ones are 7x7.
Kelp Snake: A venomous snake, about 3x10. Camouflages itself as a kelp frond and waits for prey to come close. Carnivorous and venomous.
Glow slug: About 1x1, if not smaller, glowing slug with venomous stingers across its entire body.
Sword Gar: A very large predatory fish which primarily lives in fresh or brackish waters, ventures out into the ocean to hunt.
Puffer whale: A very large predatory fish which lives in the depths, ventures into the shallows to hunt.
Thundershell: A large clam, about 30x20 at adulthood, but grows very slowly. Most commonly 10x10. Thick shell, able to deal an electric shock.
Giant urchin: A family of large urchins, ranging from 5x5 to 40x40. Purple urchins are 5x5, grey are 15x15, and white are 40x40.
Sea ants: Colonies of 1x1 aquatic insects which form large nests of saliva hardened sand and debris. Mildly territorial.
Kelp grouper: A moderately sized fish, which is fairly territorial. Lives exclusively in the kelp forest.
Tangle star: A bristle starfish-like creature which grows and additional tentacle about every month, can become quite large.

That's what I remember off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more that I can't remember, so if there's any specific species you need additional info on, let me know.

The sea grass prairies and the kelp forest do have more leafy vegetation and do get considerably more grazing than the coral reefs. Though, urchins do eat some of the soft corals, they're most often partial to green vegetation.

As for increasing your brain power, yes you can do all of that. Any time you give your species a new behavior, it increases their Mind stat. This does contribute to your growth limit coefficient, so be wary of stacking lots of behaviors without evolutions to increase their effectiveness at gathering food/reproduction.
Thank you, that is very useful. Though i would like to know about the bone jelly, since it is apparently one of my main predators. Now i understad where the new food source are coming from, but i'm gonna need to devise a method to deal with all that armor..

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2019, 02:00:02 pm »

Bone Jellies are jellyfish which have an umbrella like skeleton, made of bones of their victims. This allows them to move through the water rather quickly and gives them a bit of toughness. Adults form bone pile nests out of prey and lay eggs sacs within them. The babies then grow into a sessile polyp form, growing through and around the bones, forming a dense ball of bone and goo, until they metamorphasise into their adult free swimming forms.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2019, 02:06:39 pm »

is this definitely dead already?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2019, 02:09:52 pm »

I posted my evolution
Has everyone posted?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2019, 02:11:49 pm »

Think Robo was working on Between the Mountains, so he should update now that that one's turn is out. Hopefully, I want Dragons.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2019, 05:32:13 pm »

Yeah hopefully he posts soon!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]