Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 58146 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, February Actions
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2019, 10:04:24 pm »

Make more goop and add it to existing creature

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2019, 10:18:06 pm »

It is a new build phase, right? Are we expecting trouble?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2019, 10:31:24 pm »

It's a new action phase.  There are no Kaiju attacks this month.

For an organization, you may construct items you've researched, do missions to interact with the world, or make trades with the mad scientists.  Kaiju part selling is also allowed at this time, at the price of 10 for skin, muscle and guts, 20 for specific organs, and 30 for brains and other special items.

Mad scientists need this phase to build new buildings, or they can do more research, or they can do things with their projects that interact with the world.

I'll try to keep it moving.  Almost all action phases will have Kaiju attacks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2019, 01:17:39 am »

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:00:00 am by Egan_BW »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2019, 02:51:37 am »

"Well that didn't work out like I thought it would, I mean how am I supposed to make money off something that kills everyone that uses it, I probably should go back to making things that don't kill the people that use it."
Its time to make more money by researching a front from which I can sell drugs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2019, 04:05:09 pm »

So is there anyone interested in buying a Death Ray on a Truck?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2019, 08:21:12 pm »

So is there anyone interested in buying a Death Ray on a Truck?
Got any details?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2019, 12:30:40 am »

It's a truck mounted 'Basic Death Ray', which 'hums and vibrates encouragingly when armed, and sometimes when not armed'. I've spent every design action available on it so far, so while if there's no takers I'll work on upgrading it more (which will of course will increase the cost after the upgrade), if someone with an interest in shooting monsters was to purchase it it should do a decent bit of damage, though of course with the lack of mad science deployed so far it's hard to make a proper estimate of effectiveness.

If sold, going from previous GM comments that will involve me leaving my lab to delivery it and so actually having to pay upkeep, which is currently 80. I'm not sure how much income you all get, but we mad scientists, or at least this mad scientist, does not have income equal to our upkeep in return for not having to pay upkeep while 'at home' doing mad science, so I'll need to charge more then that to actually make a profit and therefor make the sale worth doing.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2019, 11:35:41 pm »

It's hard to give detailed information about it, at least until it's at your base for testing, but the death ray truck isn't as powerful as the Kaiju lasers were last mission.

It is certainly not a weak weapon, however.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2019, 01:58:45 pm »

I mean, the Kaiju lasers one-shot a modern tank last time (when they hit), so being mentioned in the same breath is pretty high praise.

As for funding, orgs make several hundred per turn, but they have similarly brutal upkeep costs and expensive combat assets to frequently replace. I only have 100 at the moment, but I can offer more next turn. I also hope to have fancy research materials available in the near future and have an interest in furthering nonbiological warfare options to round out our attack options.

In brief, I'm willing to buy your death laser for 100 now and additional currency, materials, or patronage at a later date.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2019, 07:34:45 pm »

Interact with the world, eh?

Ares uses this downtime to release a series of television adds using photographs and video of the last Kaiju, urging the people to stand together and vote for stronger Anti-Kaiju measures.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2019, 12:41:14 am »

I mean, the Kaiju lasers one-shot a modern tank last time (when they hit), so being mentioned in the same breath is pretty high praise.

As for funding, orgs make several hundred per turn, but they have similarly brutal upkeep costs and expensive combat assets to frequently replace. I only have 100 at the moment, but I can offer more next turn. I also hope to have fancy research materials available in the near future and have an interest in furthering nonbiological warfare options to round out our attack options.

In brief, I'm willing to buy your death laser for 100 now and additional currency, materials, or patronage at a later date.
Do you have any Kaiju parts? I'd be willing to sell for 100 + a Kaiju part now, so I can see if I can do something !fun! with said part/s and how working with them effects mad science.

Beyond that, while we're on the subject of selling stuff, what sort of stuff are people most interested in buying right now? Better weapons? Defenses? New vehicle type things? Something else? I'm likely to have a newly empty lab soon after all.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 12:43:29 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2019, 01:15:31 pm »

I'm sure this questionably finished weapon of incurable protein transformation is perfectly fine. Package them up for whoever wants them, I don't really understand how that system works or how anything gets to anyone or whatever.

Next we are working on living planes. What I want here is a combination of dragon and the catbus from Totoro.  First We need a generic form, a sort of biological baseline upon which we can build better bioweapons.  Set up big growth tanks with standard green goo in them in which I can create these Kaiju DNA based bioweapons and then start growing the generic forms. Something like godzilla if you sanded off all the distinguishing features and then painted him gray. Make sure to implant remote control systems in the brain and spinal cords. Not complete override style, just...direction. Less like an RC car and more like a reins of a horse.

SY BUY MY GODDAMN PRION LAUNCHERS SO I CAN BUILD A BIGGER LAB AND MAKE YOU YOUR FLESH PLANES.

For the moment, work on Kaiju bioweapons. Same as previously mentioned above, just small enough to fit in my current lab. We'll eventually be replacing human soldiers with Chryssalids and Mutons anyways so it is all working towards the eventual glorious biowar.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 01:29:59 pm by piecewise »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2019, 01:29:43 pm »

Do you have any Kaiju parts? I'd be willing to sell for 100 + a Kaiju part now, so I can see if I can do something !fun! with said part/s and how working with them effects mad science.

Beyond that, while we're on the subject of selling stuff, what sort of stuff are people most interested in buying right now? Better weapons? Defenses? New vehicle type things? Something else? I'm likely to have a newly empty lab soon after all.

Do you have any ideas that would go well with Are's long-term goals of supertanks and handheld nuclear weapons? Things like powered armor with radiation protection, AI to control the tanks, or whatever ideas you have that would go well with that. We arn't expected to use either of these for a very long time, but still :V

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2019, 02:14:24 am »

If I'm traded Kaiju muscles I'll see if I can use them as a basis for powered armor, converting however the muscles work into the motive force to let someone wear the armor and carry power armor scaled guns. Does that count?
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44