Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Techno-Nomic World (A Pure Nomic subsidiary)  (Read 18482 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Techno-Nomic World (A Pure Nomic subsidiary)
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2019, 11:15:05 am »

Fact: Bio Continent Sapients
The central nervous system of the bio continent aka sapient species of the continent consists of a civilization of large wasps who have added lungs so that they can grow to large sized regardless of oxygen content. They are a hive mind and they communicate using telepathy. Things that die are often used in their constructions.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 12:08:19 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2019, 12:02:49 pm »

Fact: Cyber island robots
The Cyber Island is inhabited by a civilization of sentient robots, they use super advanced factories to create more citizens.

I'm assuming Cyber island is like Cyber Punk.
It is meant to be cyberpunk, yes.

Accepted. +4 points.
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2019, 12:07:04 pm »

On the Cyber continent cybernetic organisms come into being and begin working on their civilization. The Overclockmaker looks at its map of the world and adds a check mark next to "Cyber civilization". "Excellent work."

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2019, 12:16:18 pm »

Fact: Bio Continent Sapients
The central nervous system of the bio continent aka sapient species of the continent consists of a civilization of large wasps who have added lungs so that they can grow to large sized regardless of oxygen content. They are a hive mind and they communicate using telepathy. Things that die are often used in their constructions.
I had to check how wasps make their nests because I wasn't sure how they would make a civilization but with some careful planning it should work. Nice detail with the lungs. It is a large part of why I'm accepting this.

+3 points

You lost a point in comparison to King Zultan because I had to expend the mental effort to determine how it would make things and I am still unsure on this.

Good job on including proper capitalization and punctuation though. I'm willing to fix that stuff and it doesn't guarantee I'll add something but it makes me more willing to try to make something work.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2019, 12:21:14 pm »

A population of wasps mutates and develops lungs. This allows them to develop larger bodies. With larger bodies comes increased brains and mental capacity. Eventually the hive becomes sapient and wakes up, so to speak. Their gestalt consciousness gets to work on expanding. The Overclockmaker looks at the Bio Continent and checks it off.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2019, 09:58:07 pm »

I have decided to amend one of the facts:
[...]
Steam tech, Diesel tech, Clock tech, Atom tech, Tesla tech, Bio tech, Cyber tech, Magic tech, and Horror tech.
[...]

Horror tech should not be restricted to any specific kind of horror. I want multiple kinds. Eldritch horror, psychological horror, jump scare horror, existential horror, and the like are all acceptable. Just be sure to have the denizens of the continent be able to use the horror to their advantage.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:04:16 pm by Liberonscien »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2019, 11:25:24 am »

Fact: Clockwork Island Clockwork men
The people of the clock island are clockwork creations in themselves, they appear as humanoids made of bronze metal and gears.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2019, 01:16:34 pm »

Fact: Atom Continent Sapients
The sapient creatures of the atom continent are a type of fungus that uses large radioactive land snails that have evolved the ability to collect protons and neutrons in separate compartments in their shells from the food they eat. The fungi trap the snails and use their ability to control nuclear fusion and fission to power themselves and their very conductive creations. They release spores to control large scorpions to gather the snails and the conductive metals for their creations.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2019, 04:37:37 pm »

Fact: Clockwork Island Clockwork men
The people of the clock island are clockwork creations in themselves, they appear as humanoids made of bronze metal and gears.
Works for me.

+4 points

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2019, 04:45:18 pm »

The sapient creatures of the atom continent are a type of fungus that uses large radioactive land snails that have evolved the ability to collect protons and neutrons in separate compartments in their shells from the food they eat. The fungi trap the snails and use their ability to control nuclear fusion and fission to power themselves and their very conductive creations. They release spores to control large scorpions to gather the snails and the conductive metals for their creations.
So... a sapient fungus that mind controls snails and scorpions? I like the concept but it could use some refining.

The idea for this continent is meant to be atomic/radiation powered technology. So nuclear power plants would be nice.

Also, feel free to focus on existing continents. Not everything has to be fleshed out immediately.

Denied for now but I like the concept. One thing I would change is to have it be less nuclear animals and more nuclear machines.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2019, 04:54:27 pm »

So... a sapient fungus that mind controls snails and scorpions? I like the concept but it could use some refining.

The idea for this continent is meant to be atomic/radiation powered technology. So nuclear power plants would be nice.

Also, feel free to focus on existing continents. Not everything has to be fleshed out immediately.

Denied for now but I like the concept. One thing I would change is to have it be less nuclear animals and more nuclear machines.
Oh ok
Amended Fact: Nuclear Robots
The island is ruled by robots shaped like snails. Their “shells” are actually storage chambers for various protons, electrons and neutrons, which they fuse into atoms to produce energy, and also break said atoms when lone nuclei parts are running low. The energy generated from these help power them. They also build large building that do this as well, generating even more piwer

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2019, 09:16:10 pm »

Why snails?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2019, 09:27:19 pm »

I don’t know, snail shells are spirals. Maybe they can have segmented areas where the atom parts are stored? I don’t know, I guess I’m thinking of mollusks today. Really the shape doesn’t matter too much. They are robots, they could probably be various different shapes. The main point is that they store various atom parts for use in fusion and fission inside their bodies, and make buildings for them too because bodies can only get so big before they can’t move

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2019, 09:57:30 pm »

I liked your fungi controlling scorpions idea.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2019, 02:06:30 am »

Nuclear mushrooms for the nuclear throne?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14