Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45

Author Topic: Eat your Mushrooms  (Read 129657 times)

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
Re: Eat your Mushrooms
« Reply #510 on: December 09, 2021, 07:59:22 am »

Amen !

What's mindcraf ? ::)
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 09, 2021, 08:38:18 am »

Okay so I died laughing when I read this and luckily survived but had a revelation of the footure in process

Spoiler: D professy (click to show/hide)

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 09, 2021, 03:24:56 pm »

Hahaha ageless Robert is jesus has been the ongoing inside joke for me for years now.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2021, 02:33:41 am »

But does Jesus bring us mushrooms?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 11, 2021, 03:17:04 pm »

Wait, did I promise to make a mod that I've forgotten about? What was I supposed to craft?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 11, 2021, 03:39:39 pm »

A spell that would wipe mushrooms from the face of the earth make me dinner

But does Jesus bring us mushrooms?

Actually for real now, there are some Czech folk tales with Jesus and saint Peter wandering the world together, and I remember one when they get bread from some good people, and Peter is hungry ans soon eats it all himself forthwith, then Jesus turns back and says "Bruh" and Peter tries to hide the fact by throwing away the crumbs secretly, and the crumbs become mushrooms. And they say, because Peter couldn't sate himself with the crumbs, mushrooms won't sate you much.

Actually that's genius I need to draw this now

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 11, 2021, 05:30:46 pm »

If you took your mushrooms you'd know that you are going to be ok.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 11, 2021, 05:32:21 pm »

Eric Blank withdraws from society...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 11, 2021, 05:54:36 pm »

I already made several spells related to food secrets that either eliminate hunger for several months or produce food (cooked salmon) or summon a feedling creature you can eat/drops chunks of meat off its tail for you to eat or a master chef who cooks the best meals. Though the chef is intelligent so you can't eat them, have to find something for him to cook.

Sadly, haven't made many mushroomy things directly. One tiny plump helmet man variant that flees from everything and tosses bursts of spores to enable its escape and I think one unintelligent critter you can eat. Dryads are also a combination of fleshy torso, woody/plant upper limbs and mushroom lower limbs. They're simultaneously animal, plant and fungus. But they're also intelligent so you can't eat them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 12, 2021, 03:25:20 am »

Wish Toady would fix the bug that prevents eating sentient things so I could find out how a chef tastes!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2021, 04:19:20 am »

There's a proverb, hubenému kuchaři nevěř, don't trust a thin cook. I would extend that to all those maniacs who serve mashrums

Speaking of ancient Slavic wisdom, here's a rendering of the folk tale, how mushrooms came to be

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2021, 05:13:10 am »

Speaking of ancient Slavic wisdom, here's a rendering of the folk tale, how mushrooms came to be

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That !
This is canon now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 05:16:09 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2021, 05:52:45 am »

Wish Toady would fix the bug that prevents eating sentient things so I could find out how a chef tastes!

One of my mods involved invasions of mushrooms that woukd turn your citizens into immobile mushrooms for one year.
As an "unintended" side effect, said mushrooms were classified as animals until they changed back and could be pastured and, yes, butchered and eaten. (To limit this, I made it so that those who ate the mushrooms would also turn into muahrooms.)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2021, 06:34:50 am »

Oh yes, I had a similar experience with my mod, our fortress was visited by a necromancer who has also learned secrets of the animal sphere, giving him the ability to call beasts and turn into one. When we attacked him, he turned into a great lion and was slain in this form, his remnants were butchered forthwith and were made into a raincoat or something.

This visit also exposed an error in my interaction definition, as in the first try, somehow, all sentient beings on the map turned into animals indefinitely.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 12, 2021, 07:36:13 pm »

That'swhat happens when you miss that lovely LINE_OF_SIGHT flag on CDIs that don't have either a short max range or max target number. I forgot it on food wizards on the first pass and as soon as I had one to test they spawned heaps of salmon under every unit on the map. Just ridiculous quantities of fish, everywhere.

I also forgot it on a lightning interaction once. A wizard in a city started casting lightning bolts on every one in range even though you couldn't see him.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45