Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: STALKER standalones, mods and -likes: such is life in the zone  (Read 33307 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
STALKER standalones, mods and -likes: such is life in the zone
« on: September 05, 2019, 08:35:11 am »

we were kinda taking over games that dont deserve their own threads with this so this thread is dedicated to STALKER, STALKER standalone mods and others. we do have a STALKER general chat, but it was last posted in 2017 and i don't feel like necroing.

the one we were talking about: STALKER Anomaly.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly

its a standalone mod of call of pripyat, which includes every map in all 3 games, a story mode, a faction war mode and a lot of merged elements from different major mods, including MISERY.

a good one from back in the day: Lost Alpha
https://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

its a standalone based on the original leaked alpha for shadow of chernobyl and it has a storyline, plus a few quality of life mods merged into it. its a bit older than anomaly above, but its worth taking a look.

this is one that requires a install of call of pripyat: Call of Chernobyl
https://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl

its a massive mod, lots of features. i only played it a bit but it was good. its like anomaly but requires an install so...

all of these are free, btw. hours of fun in the zone.

all are hardcore and will result in a lot of saves and loads. such is life in the zone.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:27:06 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: STALKER standalones and mods: Get in here, STALKER!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 09:07:14 am »

A NUUUU

Yeah, now that I have played a bit with Anomaly it's apparent that it's based on Call of Chernobyl, which is great since the idea behind CoC was to serve as a base for larger mods. Speaking of which do we know if Anomaly also suffers from the autosave bugs and Track Cemetary crashes like CoC did?

I'm not sure if CoC still needs an install of the vanilla CoP, it certainly did initially but I think I remember some comment about dropping that requirement.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 09:21:56 am »

CoC does not need anymore to still have CoP installed at some point they added
-skip_reg
to add in your shortcut so you can then uninstall CoP without problem and still keep CoC running

For those interested, one of the Anomaly main dev had made a 64bits engine/executable for Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22 (that unlike the original 32bits engine of it allows you to avoid those memory crash when using too high res textures addons, if you have enough ram of course) , no more crash in truck cemetary with that :
https://bitbucket.org/SeargeDP/coc-1.4-xray-64/downloads/

It's very solid as on my very modded CoC i've been having a very long run as a duty guy , turning off the brain scorcher (that crazy empty place that suddenly get +/- 30 elite monolith soldiers spawning in ambush position when you try to get out of it) and the miracle machine and reaching the wish granter to toy with one of the bad ending, without much problem.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:12:38 am by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 09:27:25 am »

That is great.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 10:18:29 am »

that made me chuckle, its a nice touch of realism tbh.

i love the faction colorized armors, except im using the faction exclusive clear sky armors but i enjoy seeing a clear sky sunrise suit. i upgraded my c3 to c2 armor (a bit heavier) and replaced my regular pack for a hunters for extra mutant drops, for quests mainly. i dont see cooking as a useful feature yet, unless i can cook all my meat in one go and hold it in reserve. also set aside my sawn off in a stash i made in clear sky hq. it got me this far, and i just cant bring myself to sell or break it for parts.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 10:41:49 am »

The over-under sawn off is such wonderful little weapon, keep it as a "sidearm" I say.

One of CoC's addons had a Sunrise suit variant with a "looted" exoskeleton frame. I don't know if they added in Anomaly but it's a glorious little piece of gear.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 10:46:29 am »

I was reading in the support forum that exoskeletons are in.

If you dont mind the cheatiness, you can turn on debug mode, go to the esc menu, and then press S on the keyboard.

It will bring up the spawn menu.  You can check if exoskeletons are in for sure that way.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 11:01:45 am »

You mean exoskeletons as an independent piece not as the usual "vanilla" (rad suit+frame) combo? The sunrise-exo was like the vanilla one, it had the appearance of the loner green sunrise suit + the frame from the exo suit (upgrade wise it had the same as the standard sunrise).

I'll look into it, thanks for the info on the debug menu.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 11:34:23 am »

I just looked.

Yes, there are exoskeleton armors. I successfully spawned in a clearsky exoskeleton. (And damn does it have nice stats...) It's basically just fancy armor that negates a lot of carry weight, at the cost of being able to sprint.

I like being able to sprint. Its damn useful. But I guess if you are a walking death-dispensing tank, sprinting is less important.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 11:42:55 am »

There should be an upgrade that allows sprinting with an exoskeleton. I'm not sure what the upgrades system looks like in Anomaly but it was a tier 3 upgrade in both CoC and CoP.

Quick edit: Don't disassemble any of those rpg based explosive devices hoping you are going to get anything of value. You won't.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:45:48 am by Ulfarr »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 11:52:51 am »

Well, in all honesty, you shouldnt anyway.  A butchered RPG round is going to have the casing compromised, to rig up an external detonator, and displace the kinetic one in the tip. It would NEVER fly right, and would likely not detonate properly anyway. (It probably wouldn't even properly load into the launcher after getting cut and beat on.)

It's an improvised bomb, not something you should hope to get useful parts out of.  (Seriously, it's what you make out of DEFECTIVE rpg rounds-- to get something at least marginally useful out.)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 12:18:41 pm »

Yeah I agree with that.

I was just giving the disassembly system while hoping I could then sell the parts to Sidorovich who, surprise surprise, wasn't even interested in taking a look at them

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 02:07:24 pm »

mutant cats and dogs aren't cats and dogs; they're chainsaws on legs, jesus. even a single swipe will ruin your day, they're smaller and hard to hit and fast. and they usually come in groups.

this is why i'll occasionally try to lead them to camps of bandits and military.

also, poor, poor rookie loners at the cordon. due to the games ai changes, the military will send occasionally a heavily armed soldier up the road to the village and the rookies will be hard pressed to stop him without taking a couple losses, and unlike clear sky, they don't seem to repopulate fast.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 06:52:20 pm by JimboM12 »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 02:34:11 am »

I seem to have fixed my visual issue. I did some tweaking, downloaded a reshade addon (which while it did some changes I’m not sure if I got it to work completely, there is supposed to be some menu for making further tweaks but I couldn’t open it). Anomalies are still hard to spot but now it’s doable if you are careful.

Hunting blind dogs with a near broken SVT and just 3 cartridges in the magazine hasn’t been this exciting for ages.

edit:typos
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:30:39 am by Ulfarr »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 09:46:27 am »

What about  thar mod that enhances graphica and makes it sandbox?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8