Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monogendered humanoid breeding  (Read 1375 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Monogendered humanoid breeding
« on: September 03, 2019, 10:31:46 pm »

I have some ideas before villains update.

First idea: breed by attack/interaction of transphorming syndrome. Human, goblin, elf and dwarf males have special class and can be mutate into satyr or blendec. Females of this species can mutate into harpy.

Second idea: two genders like two species. Male is satyr, female is driade, they have even two different descriptions.

Third idea for harpies: hidden castes and some transformations. Harpy specie have four castes: three female (called "buch","fem" and "dyke") and special male caste. Male caste does not exist. But by interaction "buch" can be temporary transformed into this male caste for impregnate another harpies. For work without marriage, hidden caste isn't intelligent.

Will this work? Have you another ideas?

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monogendered humanoid breeding
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 12:59:21 am »

Let me start by mentioning that it would probably help your request for advice to obscure the seemingly fetishistic nature of your request. There's also language in idea three that's generally considered homophobic and will probably get you in trouble.
For Idea One, it's possible to do but probably won't put them in a place to consider reproducing. Consider writing this type of monster girl as a [SPOUSE_CONVERTER] instead of using an interaction.
Creatures with castes of a radically different bodily structure are often used by modelers, check the ant men raw files for an example from the base game.
Idea three might work as a deity curse, but you might want to make it permanent to guarantee an eventual encounter.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:12:03 am by Orbotosh »
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 01:39:50 am »

I not understand how add to creature code interaction as in deity curse. Give me code, please.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 05:35:00 pm »

I not understand how add to creature code interaction as in deity curse. Give me code, please.
Check the interaction examples folder of the game for that. Be aware that despite all of them being written as fully functional interactions (except the werecurse one requires writing up a new creature according to its instructions) that they have to be placed in the objects folder to work, otherwise you'd be getting vampires and such even in maps where you eliminated the amount of procedurally generated Ńs.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 10:42:57 pm »

Check the interaction examples folder of the game for that. Be aware that despite all of them being written as fully functional interactions (except the werecurse one requires writing up a new creature according to its instructions) that they have to be placed in the objects folder to work, otherwise you'd be getting vampires and such even in maps where you eliminated the amount of procedurally generated Ńs.
I not need procedurally generated harpies. I want add syndrome interaction to harpy and satyr to make more harpies and satyrs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:16:07 am »

Why not make male harpies or female satyrs? It's a fantasy game, we have artistic freedom. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 08:39:59 am »

Why not make male harpies or female satyrs? It's a fantasy game, we have artistic freedom. ;)
Because they does not exist. In artistic freedom I want create parthenogenesis harpies. And androgenesis (like gynogenesis, but androgenesis) bestiality satyrs. But game have no mechanics for it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 08:43:37 am »

Ok. First and third idea won't work in worldgen, the second of your ideas would work, although the creature(s) would have the same sprite.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 08:47:30 am »

Ok. First and third idea won't work in worldgen, the second of your ideas would work, although the creature(s) would have the same sprite.
Can I make castes with different tile?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 09:07:23 am »

Not really.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 09:13:04 am »