Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23729 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2019, 06:47:43 pm »

". . . So they are bandits?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2019, 07:19:01 pm »

"Well, they're certainly not allies, whether they're bandits or rogue soldiers. We shall have to fight." Burhardt withdrew a dog eared, bookmarked worm tome from his robes, and flipped it open, preparing to cast.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2019, 08:05:08 pm »

Flavius sighed as he got into the middle of the group, preparing to use the more draining of his healing abilities.
"Make sure you stay close everyone, I'm not as young as I used to be after all."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2019, 08:10:46 pm »

“I suppose I’ll get to moving the wagons. Be safe out there miss” Volker commented to Emilia as he went to work on moving the caravan back, if only to keep it out of the crossfire in the likely ensuing chaos.

"Mmph." Emilia nodded seriously to Volker's words. There was a time and a place for jokes and right now clearly wasn't it. "You too, Mr. Volker.", she murmured distractedly, fidgeting with her spear. "Stay safe. We'll take care of everything."

Looks like they'll have to fight, after all. How she wished they didn't. But, judging from the devastation right across the river, that's not likely. People who'll do something like that absolutely needs to be punished. But, still, she has to at least try to understand.

She nudged her mount to a few steps ahead of the rest of the party and called out to the gang before them.

"Hey, you there! What's all this?". Emilia shouted angrily, indicating the blockade ahead and then ruined houses on the other side of the river with a wave of her spear. "What are you even hoping to get out of all of this?"

Wait for a response, and then Move to E6, stab the Mage(F6) and then Canto back to C5.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 08:19:43 pm by ctsun »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2019, 08:28:53 pm »

D, 6 and hit the darn mage.
"You get an ice spike on yer sorry arse! Gonna save the hammer for these other punks."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2019, 09:22:53 pm »

"heh, I knew it. This should be fun..." the huntress chuckled under her breath. She retrieved a small tome from the folds of her cloak. The gold leaf runic prints embroidering it's brown leather cover seemed to glow in eager response to her presence, much a like a dog greeting a long absent master. She turned her gaze to one of the soldiers not far from them, and with one deft motion drew a burning sigil upon the mirrored circle of silver adorning the tome's center that died down just as quickly as it was born.

"They really aren't too bright, are they? Seems we must enlighten them of what they've just gotten into."
Designate Soldier Class line for Judgement, Move to E4, Enlighten Soldier 1 with Flash
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:24:34 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2019, 09:24:05 pm »

Morgan nods at Burhardt, walking forward at a casual pace, before addressing the soldier.

"Um, hello. I'm going to set you on fire now."

D5, fwoosh soldier
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:40:02 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2019, 09:50:20 pm »

"We’ve got our orders little lady. Was gonna let you through, but we sure ain't gonna let that icy bastard through."

Emilia, while still hesitant about fighting the people in front of her, charges forward and lands a hefty stab into the mage. However, just as she began to pull back, the Mage fires off another ball of flames, directly into her and her mount.

Quote from:  Emilia vs Mage
Emilia attacks!
Hit: 94-16=78
Crit: 3
Roll: (19) (30) Hit!
Enemy Mage takes 10 damage!

Mage counter attack!
Hit: 98-12= 86
Roll: (31) Hit!
Emilia takes 11 damage!

… Just as the smoke from the blast dissipates though, a rather large ice spike suddenly flies through, piercing the Mage through the chest and easily knocking him into the ground.

Quote from:  Cocytus vs Mage
Cocytus is within range of the group! +10 to Hit and Evasion.

Cocytus attacks!
Hit: 89+10-16= 83
Crit: 3
Roll (67) (90) Hit!
Enemy Mage takes 10 damage, and dies because of it!

With the mage out of the way, Odette allows herself to indulge herself in a bit of fun, at long last, firing a blast of light at the nearest soldier to her. Unfortunately, with a bit of hunkering down and covering their eyes… The light doesn’t seem to bother them too much. At least, until the second burst hit, the sheer intensity of the light beginning to burn his armor ever so slightly.

Quote from: Odette vs Soldier 1
Odette has used Flash! She gains +20 Evasion against the target.
Odette has marked her prey! She gains +2 AS for the combat
Odette attacks!
Hit: 92-8= 84
Crit: 1
Roll: (91) (31) Miss!

Odette attacks again!
Hit: 92-8=84
Roll: (62) (61) Hit!
Enemy Soldier takes 6 damage

Thankfully for the she-wolf, Morgan comes walking in, calmly (and politely) stating her intentions before following through with them, blasting the soldier with a stream of fire just before he could even ask what she meant.

Quote from: Morgan vs Soldier 1
Morgan’s sanity is wavering! -15 Evasion

Morgan attacks!
Hit: 97-8= 89
Roll: (50) Hit!
Enemy Soldier takes 8 damage!

Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:01:05 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2019, 10:21:01 pm »

"I-icy bastard?", Emilia started in surprise, still brushing some of the flames out of Bellerophon's mane. 'Aggressive negotiations' were one thing but the "guard" 's shock at seeing Cocytus and those words now seems to be suggesting some kind of prior history. She glared accusingly at Cocytus. "Mister Cocytus! What did you do?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 03:49:23 am by ctsun »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2019, 10:34:17 pm »

Cocytus gave a satisfied chuckle after his foe met an unfortunate fate, only for his attention to focus on the "guard" he previously negotiated with.
"Icy bastard? ICY BASTARD? Oohoh, you are so going to get it, nailhead! Gonna make sure to freeze ya, then SHATTER yer frozen body!"
The armored man turned around to face Emilia and tilted his head in confusion.
"Are ya this oblivious or is this some sort of joke? Cause I only met this nailhead today, and the only thing I did was convince him to stay out of our way. Clearly they want to do things the hard way."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2019, 11:30:46 pm »

"Mmmhmm", Emilia hummed skeptically, thoroughly unconvinced. She was just more than a little concerned about how he got 'convinced'. Mister Cocytus can be very intense. Too intense. Oh, dear. She won't end up seeing his face (or helmet thing) on some wanted poster somewhere, will she? Gunvald can't be that careless, can he? Hope not. Otherwise, there was definitely going to be trouble.

She shook her head to clear off those thoughts. There was still the issue of the ruined houses on the other side of the river. Whoever was responsible for that had to be stopped.

"Oh, it's too late for any of this now. We're already in a fight.", Emilia sighed.

"Besides, it's all of us or none of us! All for one and one for all!", she cheered, giggling girlishly as she raised her spear up high, wincing a little at her recent burns. She always wanted to say that line.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:46:11 pm by ctsun »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2019, 06:31:49 am »

As soon as Cocytus turned his attention to the guard, the boy visibly flinched. After the man in armor made his intentions clear, the boy then let out a sigh, mostly towards himself.

"Dammit, why did I even say that..?"
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2019, 10:25:25 am »

Fionn gave a small yawn as he got out of the wagon.

"Fighting, hm? Not the route I fancied..." Unlike most of you, Fionn thought to himself, but with people around him ready for battle like Cocytus, Odette, Cocytus, and especially Cocytus, he knew this was the time to keep his mouth shut. Maybe a teasing remark later would be fine, just to further drive a wedge in him and the others, perhaps.

Twirling his knife in his hands, Fionn rushed forward.

"Nothing personal, just would like to make this quick."

Fionn to E6, chuck knives at Soldier 1

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2019, 12:02:48 pm »

Fionn lobs a knife at the soldier, impaling him in his shoulder with relative ease. Unfortunately… He quickly took it out, casting it aside without looking much worse for wear.

Quote from: Fionn vs Soldier 1
Fionn attacks!
Hit: 99-8=91
Rolls: (28) (91) Hit!
Enemy Soldier takes an unholy 1 damage!

Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:14:06 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2019, 12:05:58 pm »

"How disappointing. I was hoping to avoid this."
"Very well."
D-7, blast a spearman