Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23700 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2020, 09:07:01 am »

"I would lobby against it. Myself or Nuallán seem, to me, to be the most appropriate choices. And given that he has not volunteered himself, I would not dream of submitting him before myself."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2020, 10:31:55 am »

"What you've said about yourself is also true of me, Burhardt. And I have experience in combat beyond our earlier sortie."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 19, 2020, 11:17:21 am »

"Would ya look at that, ya agree with me makin' the bait someone connected to the royal family. So ye, I think ya got all the requirements there."
"Sheephair is a noblepants too, no? So I think ya two might do the job, especially if he is part of some important family or some other fancy shite."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2020, 11:42:43 am »

"And I applaud your bravery for it, Emma. But there is one more matter to consider. You have a family. I do not. If someone is to be placed in danger, I am the optimal candidate, no matter what way you look at it." Burhardt's voice was steady enough, but the man was obviously nervous, judging from the way he shifted his weight from foot to foot. There was even the suggestion of a beginning of a sweat. "Unless you have any other objections."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2020, 11:46:26 am »

"Neither of us are optimal candidates by that metric, Burhardt. No matter which of us is put in danger, someone gets left behind if the worst comes to pass."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2020, 11:52:43 am »

Burhardt sighed, but said nothing more. Arguing from the position that he didn't want his students endangered would go no further than Emma objecting to her teacher being endangered.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2020, 12:03:27 pm »

Melor chooses this time to pipe in on the discussion.
"Why don't you both go? Pretend to be on a date or something, couples get kidnapped all the time, and this way you'll both be safer than if there was just one of you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2020, 12:19:55 pm »

"I have already noted, multiple times, my objections to using Emma for this. I have not changed my mind on this."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2020, 12:25:28 pm »

"Perhaps he has a point. After all, the royal tutor and the heiress to House Agreste as bait? And....if you are so worried about my wellbeing, it would allow you to keep an eye on me. Just as it would allow me to keep an eye on you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2020, 12:42:00 pm »

Flavius sighs as he rubs the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes.
"Well Burhardt, the alternative is we send someone who is willing to go with her. I understand your feelings on the matter but sometimes we have to do things we don't want to for the greater good."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 19, 2020, 01:06:45 pm »

"The other, obvious, alternative, is that we only use one person. Thereby reducing the overall risk. If they cannot safely take two, they will not. And if they can safely take two, it will hardly matter that there is more than one potential hostage, now is there?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2020, 01:52:09 pm »

"The whole idea of this operation is to minimize risk of someone actually getting taken while also drawing the cult out. Having double the hands for bait means that they're half as likely to get dragged off before the rest of us get there, especially if they see through the ruse and counter ambush us. Even if it means that they have to be even more confident in their abilities to kidnap two people, I think the extra security is worth that risk."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 19, 2020, 02:28:59 pm »

"Ya being awfully stubborn over somethin' so darn simple. She said she wants to tag along, so I have no idea why ya keep refusing it. Pretty sure she can decide that for herself, no?"
"We need at least two people for this shite, using a single person ain't reducing any risks, it is just increasing them ya red mushroom."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2020, 03:09:25 pm »

"Because I would sooner increase the risk to myself than to mitigate my own by endangering her, you frost-addled buffoon!" Burhardt jabbed a finger into Cocytus's chestplate. "You assert that we 'need' two people for the operation. What is this based on, hm? Please, enlighten us, if you can string the words together long enough before resorting to violence and insults. The issue remains that while one segment of the group, who must appear vulnerable as to make enticing prey, is separated from the rest, they assume serious risk. So please stop acting as if I have no reason to not want someone to endanger themselves you... oversized kettle!"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 19, 2020, 03:24:10 pm »

"Oi, Burhardt, Cocytus, calm down..."
"And sure, Burhardt, you don't like putting others at risk..."
"But none of us would be comfortable with you increasing your own risk just so your own conciousness can be pleased in such a selfish manner disguised as martyrdom. Think of your comrades' feelings too. Two will be the minimum and that's the last word on the matter."

He then turns to Cocytus.

"And you, those have been enough bad words in the kid's presence for today. I feel bad enough about her being hired, but I trust the two bluebloods there having their reasons..."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30