Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23701 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #405 on: April 15, 2020, 07:38:04 pm »

Cocytus gave a shrug in response.
"Slug, worm, caterpillar, same shite. Ey I was just givin' a possible option to be developed."
"See? Even the princess has somethin' like that in mind, if a 'dangerous tome' ain't enough to get their attention, perhaps an important figure will do the job."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 15, 2020, 10:02:52 pm »

"Hoh!"

"I might not have the necessary local recognition, but if drawing eyes is all you ask then I would oblige."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2020, 03:35:02 am »

"I will accompany Gunvald if necessary. I am....more than capable of watching his back, if the need arises."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2020, 07:34:25 am »

"I'm also going with Prince! The more bodyguards he has, the better."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 16, 2020, 05:26:00 pm »

"If the prince is properly defended, he will not make for suitable bait."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 16, 2020, 07:04:37 pm »

"On the contrary, Burhardt. A properly defended prince is a very suitable bait."
"Assuming I'd be hunting for some princeling's head, if he would be outside of his castle, relatively alone, with few to no company, frolicking over green pastures, I would get extremely nervous. Because that can't be right."
"... But!"
"If you want it to be convincing enough, we should limit the bodyguards to those candidates that would look like the prince's usual entourage, not like a ragtag bunch of misfits."
"People like Cocytus, Evelin, Emilia, and Flavius. Armored and looking somewhat like proper knights or vassals. Or looking like a threatening outlier in Cocytus' case, which actually helps. But someone like me would stick out like a sore thumb. I would need to be in the background, acting like I don't belong to you. Alina and Odette are similar cases."

Tanec couldn't help but throw Gunvald a bone though.

"Would still be a small entourage though, a prince that doesn't look much like a fighter would have a larger one. But a more martial-looking princess, now that one might get away with a smaller entourage without looking suspicious, dowahahaha!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 16, 2020, 08:07:47 pm »

"But, to our knowledge, they are not specifically hunting the prince. We are seeking to present what would be referred to as a 'target of opportunity'."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 17, 2020, 07:04:33 am »

"A target of opportunity..."

Tanec takes a deep breath. He could tell that much. The entire story is not needed.

"... One of my former buddies has betrayed me in the past, leaving me to die while declaring that he will join the cult."
"If I have confirmation that this person is in the area, that would make me a pristine target of opportunity. Because I'm not dead. And he has reasons to not keep me alive."
"If he is there, I'll volunteer as bait. That way we don't need the royals here to make their presence known and a Commoner becomes a target. This would serve us well in the long run."
"But I cannot guarantee that I can hold myself back. He betrayed me and attempted to kill me. If I will feel like I can get the opportunity, nothing can stop me wanting to wrap my hands around his throat and..."

He side-glances to Alina.

"... and not be very nice to him overall."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 17, 2020, 05:59:11 pm »

"As much as I appreciate the offer, I can't imagine how we would go about discerning that this associate of yours is with the cultists in the area. If we were able to surveil their hide-out, for example, we wouldn't have need of a plan to draw them out in the first place."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2020, 08:11:40 pm »

"Just bundle up the fancy lookin' ones and make it look like they are a bunch of smug nobles. Ya know some of these fancy pants get all cocky about their own skills so ain't an odd situation to spot. Thinkin' they don't need bodyguards cause they can fight with their little buddies."
"As long as there are important figures between 'em, that might just do the job. Like, if they know the prince and the princess or whatever, as I am sure those shitty cultists know about who they talk to."

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 18, 2020, 02:51:57 pm »

Alina would look up from her book as she heard her name mentioned, her eyes going back and forth as she took a few moments to get the gist of the conversation.

"Um... It should be fine either way. My robes and hat represent me as the Crimson Witch; I won't look out of place even if, um, I'm a bit smaller than the rest of you."
The girl would frown a bit as she paused for a moment.
"I was with my master when she was investigating the Cult herself... I might recognize one of them if we get a good look. And they might recognize me if you need someone to draw them out..."
And Alina would clench her hand a bit against her book. The idea was terrifying, but... she was here to help, and... the Cult was responsible for what happened with her Master, so if this would help deal with them, then she was willing! Like her Master always said, being scared was no excuse.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 18, 2020, 03:30:09 pm »

"And I am against using you as bait as well." Burhardt's objection was immediate, and carried a solidity. Like dropping a heavy book onto a wood floor.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 19, 2020, 04:30:32 am »

"Hrrrrm..."

Tanec looks at Cocytus, then gives Burhardt a thorough stare.

"I'm starting to believe that Cocytus is a more capable tactician than you, my dear Burhardt, dowahahahaha!"
"... In all seriousness though. I understand your unwillingness to put people at risk, so you're trying to find reasons to not use one of us as bait."
"After all, the pain of losing a comrade due to poor planning cuts deep..."
"However, we must do something, or more villages will get razed. More innocent villagers will lose their possessions, their hopes, their futures, their lives. It is easy to overlook the fate of people you don't know. But their numbers will weight more than one of us losing their life to prevent that from happening."
"So choose. A direct strike? Trying to be stealthy and squeezing out intel from stray cultists? Drawing them out with a bait? They all have risks. Failing any of these will have devastating results. Choose one plan, then stick to it. Because I will not choose to stay idle, and that goes for the rest of our band."
"And if you cannot bear the burden of having one of us be bait... Then lead by example!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 19, 2020, 07:53:47 am »

That would, of course, be because I'm not a tactician. I'm not a fighter. I'm just a researcher and teacher...

Burhardt sighed, and folded his arms across his chest. "The most suitable bait is going to be a high profile individual with prominent ties to the royal family. Using the prince or princess themselves is out, obviously. And, I have a personal distaste for sending either Emma or Alina. Therefore-" Burhardt took another deep breath, and paused for a moment before finishing his thought. "Given that our plan is to use bait, I think it would be most appropriate for myself to play the worm on the hook. I am the royal adviser, after all. I am not so valuable as to be a crippling loss, should things go awry, nor an unknown quantity. Though, we may have to play my station up somewhat beforehand. I do not expect I am particularly famous."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2020, 08:26:37 am »

"Oh? And what if I were to say I volunteer to be sent out?"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30