Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23707 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #391 on: April 04, 2020, 01:00:46 am »

Cocytus crossed his arms against his chest plate, satisfied with the answer he received.
"That's what I thought, pal."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 04, 2020, 01:47:57 am »

"We might use different words for it, but I guess Cocytus and I have a similar mind for tactics."
"Plus, who says that I don't have a back-up plan, Burhardt?"
"However... I can't put it into motion. It might make things even worse. And I can't say what that plan would be in the first place."
"After all, would be an insult if a commoner would suggest what royals should do with the military arm of their realm..."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 04, 2020, 06:36:44 am »

"It was just that you pointed out that my idea had no back up plan, so I was just curious what your's was. I meant no offense."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 04, 2020, 06:44:35 am »

"No, Burhardt, you've done nothing wrong. I would like to hear Tanec's backup plan myself, seeing as it's surprising someone so direct might keep that back. Perhaps it's less farfetched than he might imagine."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 04, 2020, 08:02:17 am »

"Like I've said, Emma, a commoner has no business with suggesting what a king, or queen for that matter, should do with even part of their army. My backup plan would rely on that, but I have no intention of losing my head because I insulted a regent's tactical prowess with my ideas."
"And whatever that plan would be, you can imagine that the common folk wouldn't be very happy with seeing battle-ready soldiers and knights marching through the land, plus it would make the cult even more nervous and possibly go into hiding, making it even harder to grab 'em by either head or tail. Not to mention how that might look like for the noble houses of Lastreodal... Wouldn't do the tensions between Lastreodal and Cestulon any favors, too."
"So yeah, it is a backup plan... in the sense that it is the final backup plan. Only reserved for the mother of all emergencies, so to speak."
"... But that's why we're here. Doing our best to prevent that from happening. So we either act swiftly and dissect the body before the head knows what's up, or we try to be sneaky, which is not the strong suit of this group."
"I welcome any input regarding additional options, but so far, that's the hand fate has dealt to us."

Tanec slowly breathes in and out for a few seconds.

"And I second Emma's words, you did nothing wrong, Burhardt. Let my bluntness not distract from me appreciating your input so far here. You can only get so far on the battlefield with brute force alone, after all."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 04, 2020, 03:09:25 pm »

"I'm just trying to fulfill my role as adviser. I'm not really a warrior at heart."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 04, 2020, 04:37:19 pm »

Nuallán finished sipping his wine and laid the empty glass down.
"When hunting I prefer to wait, perhaps set down bait."
"Do we have enough information about the Cult's mindset to know whether they would see our colorful band as hunter or prey? They might as well mistake us for a merry band of buffoons with bodyguards and strike first, which would save us time."

He refilled his glass and resumed sipping his wine.
"It seems you have been traveling discreetly, but the group as a whole is quite eye-catching."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 04, 2020, 06:22:27 pm »

"It's much easier to stay hidden when we're in the confines of a wagon. Though exposure proved not to be impossible."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 07, 2020, 08:59:06 am »

"Nuallán, that's pretty decent for a third option. Question is, what bait can we use..."
"Maybe it's one of those cults that do virgin sacrifices? Any volunteers for that kind of bait? Dowahahahaha!"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 09, 2020, 05:19:46 am »

"Sheep hair has the right idea. Dunno what we can do to lure those bastards though."
"I just know they are a bunch of arseholes. We got a bunch of book...maggots?...worms?...slugs? I think they call those bookslugs, ye...sounds about right. So maybe if we make 'em look like they are carryin' some crazy rare and dangerous tome we can make 'em come out of their  nest."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #401 on: April 09, 2020, 06:48:31 am »

If anything, this turn of conversation seemed to make Morgan withdraw even further into themselves, the plate of food still sitting untouched.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 09, 2020, 08:08:26 am »

"Uh, I think the term you're searching for is bookworm. And... Is that plan really safe? Also, how would we go about establishing the ruse?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2020, 07:24:33 pm »

"Hard to say with how much the Cult likes to keep things under wraps, but from what I've been able to gather so far, there may be a possibility that they'd see the royal siblings personally hunting them down not as a reason to hide further, but as an opportunity to sever the developing head of the Kingdom. That would depend on a lot of factors though, mostly if they knew the siblings were actually hunting them.The question of bait is a good one though, bringing them to us would be less of a hassle then hunting them down."

"It would, yes. But we still have to consider what would bring them out, if anything could." Gunvald continued, bringing a hand on his chin as he began to think, doing his best to brush off the implication that Tanec was bringing up. He hoped the situation wouldn't devolve to that level.

"Hm... Small idea, but we could bait them using one of our more delicate nobles" Eydis commented, taking a few steps around the table to rest her shoulder on Gunvald, before she continued in a not-so-subtle manner, "especially if that person is pretty important, and would make the perfect message for a cult trying to screw everyone else over."

"Eydis. No."

"I never said it had to be you Gun, could go with Emma if she volunteered. Maybe even Beaumont over there"

"You were quite obviously referring to me when you were talking."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2020, 07:30:09 pm »

"I object to the idea of using Gunvald or Emma as bait. Um. With respect, of course."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30