Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23715 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #360 on: March 23, 2020, 09:18:15 pm »

"Roads are dangerous these days, so your friend has the right idea" the Inn Keeper commented, giving a small stretch before turning to Tanec, "Sure thing! Give me one moment mister!" he shouted. With that, he turned and slipped behind a door on the opposite side of the bar, taking only several seconds before coming out with a full plate similar to what was giving to Flavius, placing it in front of Tanec before returning to his spot at the bar, keeping a watchful eye over the group as they continued chatting.

"Eh, fair enough" was all Fersand said when Nuallán made his point, taking another swig of his bottle before putting it back down on the table, giving a somewhat more serious look to Burhardt,

"I knew those folk weren't the honest type, but I guess I didn't take them recognizing one into account. But yes, cult business. I wasn't able to acquire information on where they were, but I have confirmed their presence in the area. Unfortunately they've been a bit illusive whenever I tried to corner them."

At the same moment, Gunvald was still recovering from the internal pain of the discussion being switched to the inner workings of wine in certain situations, managing to lock onto the fact that it was beginning to return to the main issue, something he was very glad about.

"I see. I'm sure we can get filled in with the rest of the details once Volker and my sister return. That being said, I-" Gunvald began, adopting a thinking posture as he talked to Fersand, only to be interrupted by Morgan's... Statement of what she wanted to do with the Cultists. He didn't know Morgan much, but he did not expect those words to come out of the girl who seemed to be completely lost without Renee to give her directions, and was always short with words no matter the situation. Fersand, on the other hand, was still completely relaxed, taking yet another swig of his bottle as the group went silent.

"... Not exactly. Renee?" the Prince eventually continued, turning to the swordswoman just as the doors to inn swung open...

"True, true. It's just been a bit boring for the last few days" Eydis replied with a small shrug as the duo finally reached the inn, the Princess' wyvern taking a few steps to the side before curling up next to the entrance, fully understanding that it wouldn't be able to fit inside. As for Eydis herself, she merely laid her axe next to the wyvern, the giant weapon being ill suited for a place of comfort, before swinging open the door with none of the grace expected of a princess, filling the awkward void of silence with her own noise, either not noticing the silence or just not caring,

"Hey, we're back, and it looks like you brought some more help, Fersand. May I ask who you three are?" the Princess asked, approaching the table with her full attention, and curiosity, on the three newcomers.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2020, 09:38:59 pm »

Nuallán turned his attention to more urgent matters with the princess' arrival.

"Nuallán Beaumont, heir apparent to the Beaumont Marquessate. It is a pleasure to meet Your Highness Princess Eydis."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2020, 09:40:57 pm »

Cocytus laid a gloved hand on Eydis' shoulder to give her a playful nudge-at least for someone physically trained like herself it was a nudge...after all a "nudge" coming from a person like Cocytus was pretty much a shove for someone light and unarmored.
"Come on now, princess, things are just startin'! I won't disagree with ya, things been boring as hell just sittin' in some shitty-ass wagon but I bet we will be beatin' the shit of some cultists soon."
When they stepped into the inn, he glanced at the strangers on the table before crossing his arms against his chest plate. While he had some thoughts on the strangers, he preferred to wait for them to introduce themselves and prioritized the business they had there.
"So, do we have any good news? Ya know, aside from gettin' some new people."
Oh. Right. He still needed to introduce himself too, as he somewhat doubted his name was even mentioned during the time they were away.
"Name's Cocytus, by the way. Or ya know, the Freezing Hammer if ye wanna get fancy."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 23, 2020, 09:47:35 pm »

Renee had in fact gotten up to get Morgan a plate of food, knowing they wouldn't really do it themselves. She got back in time for the whole 'wanting to burn them all' and the reaction to it.

"No, Morgan's usually doesn't act like that. The cult is..." she stopped, and took a breath. "We've had a history. Morgan even more than me. Neither of us like them much, let's put it like that."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 24, 2020, 05:56:05 pm »

"Excellent. She might want to see a physician, however."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #365 on: March 24, 2020, 09:09:28 pm »

Morgan shook their head slightly at the suggestion, then seemingly looked even more nervous for daring to do so.

"I'm, um, going to. . . stop bothering you, if that's okay." The mage started to inch away towards a currently-unoccupied corner of the inn.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 24, 2020, 11:53:58 pm »

Like most of the party probably had, Flavius had half turned to watch Morgan's outburst. Feeling bad for the girl he sighed before gently calling out.
"Are you hungry girl? You look like you need something to eat.
He didn't mention that eating would provide ample distraction from what she just said as well as reason to not talk if she didn't want to, but he then he didn't need to say it either.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2020, 06:28:51 am »

The meal has been served.

"Thank you very much, good man."

With that, Tanec sits down and starts eating the bread and meat. He mostly ignored whatever it was that Morgan did. Mostly.

"Burning them alive, eh? Rather flashy way to deal with people."
Should keep that youngster in mind. Could be useful for some karmic irony against Dulom if he dares to show his face...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2020, 06:42:31 am »

Morgan nodded slightly, then noticed the plate of food Renee had brought them for the first time. The mage murmured a quiet "Thank you" before sitting down at a nearby table with it, though they mostly seemed to just stare at it once it was obtained.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2020, 09:22:44 am »

"Why waste useful firewood and lumber to burn people? Just stab them in the face enough times, and it will be enough."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2020, 03:05:53 pm »

"I've always found a bolt of light through the temple to be more efficient, personally. Especially at night. Even if you miss the first shot, they'll usually be too blind to find you."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2020, 03:18:42 pm »

Burhardt's stomach was starting to turn at this talk, and he fully planned to eat. "I beg your pardons, but could we speak on another subject? Perhaps related to the reason we're here in the first place, instead of how best to snuff the candle of life?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 25, 2020, 03:21:39 pm »

"Sure."

"So what exactly is our next step and when do we start? I ache for some-" Evelin glanced at Burhardt. "-actual work to do."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 25, 2020, 03:22:35 pm »

"Best way to handle 'em is to crush their skull with a hammer and paint the floor. Guess ya can always go for the chest too, let the weight of the hammer do the job and crush their ribs 'n stuff."
"Ey, I did ask if we had any 'good news' the moment I got here. So I am still waitin' on that, pal."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 25, 2020, 03:30:04 pm »

"Of fiiiine..." Odette sighed, taking another swig of her ale. Should've known the squeamish scholar would cut that conversation short. Couldn't be helped with some of the more refined types, she supposed.
"Come to think of it though... which areas in particular have you been investigating so far, Fersand? You say they're elusive, but perhaps if we can find a pattern to where you've been spotting potential suspects..."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30