Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23736 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2020, 10:30:03 pm »

"And what of your family name?" Nuallán asked, having taken notice of Morgan's clothes.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2020, 10:35:35 pm »

A longer pause.
"My, um, my surname is Vaughn. Morgan Vaughn is my name," the mage repeated, sounding oddly uncomfortable (moreso than usual.) "Why?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2020, 11:29:30 pm »

Alina would shift the brim on her hat up a bit as she turned in her chair to watch the newcomers enter, her eyes quickly looking over each of them. These had to be the people she was waiting for, right?

She'd stay quiet while Fersand spoke with the Prince, expecting a proper introduction from the man, or at least a prompt to introduce herself, but instead she'd find herself staring as he just walked on out after leaving the Prince with a flippant comment.
"Um..."
This hadn't gone as expected... she'd watch as Nuallan introduced himself, followed by his little exchange with Morgan... she was a mage too, huh? Perfect opportunity to introduce herself, then!
"Um, nice to meet you! I'm Alina, the Crimson Witch!"
She'd smile at the newcomers, though it looked just a bit strained thanks to her nervousness, her fists clenched in her lap.
"...I'm a mage too!"
That last bit was directed Morgan's way... it was always good to have something in common, right?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2020, 06:50:50 am »

"Oh. That's nice." Morgan seemed to be searching for the next step in the interaction. "What kind of magic do you use?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2020, 07:07:09 am »

"My, my, what interesting new company we've made."
Emma decides to step in to introduce herself in general to the new people.
"Emma Claudine d'Agreste, of House Agreste. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 18, 2020, 10:38:46 am »

"Oh my. House Agreste is a name familiar to nearly all who have fine products to send to Alovine."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2020, 11:05:12 am »

"I must say the same of House Beaumont. My brothers speak very highly of Beaumont wine."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2020, 11:12:44 am »

Aaah, it's the Prince himself! Grandpa Henrik would be so proud!! Okay girl, be calm, you've got this.

"And I am Evelin Feuermahne! My family dealt in silks, but now I deal in death! A great honour to be your companion, Prince Gunvald!!" Evelin proclaimed loudly.

"Oh, and the Princess, too." The fire-head flashed a toothy grin.

"Say a word, and I will jump into fire for you!!" Evelin slammed her fist against the table for, quite probably greatly unneeded, dramatic emphasis.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2020, 11:19:58 am »

"Believe me, I was tempted to. But I had a feeling that it would be better to let him off easy for now."

"Besides, you're right. If they don't learn their lesson, we get a bit more enjoyment."

Though he had closed his eyes to focus on his drink, Fersand made sure to open it to let Burhardt know he was listening. By the time the latter was finished with his report, the Spymaster had lowered his bottle of wine, eyes narrowing to a small glare as he took in the new information,

"A royal seal? Shit, I thought I had a good reign on those things. Did the toll bandits tell you were you they got it?" Fersand asked, making a wild guess as to who had the seal and what 'problem' had arose.

"Beaumont... Ah yes, I believe I've heard of your House before in the Court. I'll admit, I didn't expect acquiring more help on the road, but it's a pleasure to meet you, as well as-" Gunvald initially replied to Nuallán, giving the noble a slight bow of respect before turning to the other two women that were seated with the Spymaster. Only to freeze once the girl with a red witch's hat introduced herself,

"Wait, you're the Crimson Witch?" the prince asked, surprise clear on his face as he looked the young girl up and down, as if trying to convince himself that they were in fact the Crimson Witch. His Father's stories to him had made it clear that the Crimson Witch was a woman just as old as he, the King, and had the confidence to match those of royalty in both Cestulon and Lastreodal. The little, clearly nervous girl in front of him did not match those stories at all, aside from the red robes and hat.

But if she was the Crimson Witch, it would mean that the original had taken an apprentice in secret, and if she took up her name, then that would mean...

"My deepest apologies, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. It's a pleasure to meet you in person Alina" Gunvald continued, giving the Crimson Witch a bow as well, both out of respect and desire to apologize, before the final woman's shouts suddenly caused the young prince to jump in his skin, giving her a consistent surprised stare until she was finished, allowing him to catch his breath and calm himself before he replied,

"I... See. It's an honor to work with you, Evelin Feurmahne" he answered, unsure of how to feel about Evelin's declaration of putting her life down if he ordered her to. Most of the time it was Eydis who incited this type of behavior in Lastreodal's army, so it was... Unusual for him to be treated the same. Though perhaps his sister would say the same thing, from her perspective.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 18, 2020, 11:31:35 am »

As Evelin talked, Nuallán's free hand took the bottle of wine both to top up his glass as well as protect it from the woman's outburst.

"Why, there is no better. Your brothers know what life truly has to offer."
>Yes?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 18, 2020, 11:33:05 am »

"A contact of their leader. They're based in Pernrith, or so we were told. I'm afraid we don't know anymore than that." Burhardt jumped slightly as Evelin pounded the table, and turned his attention back to the newcomers. "Er, yes, good to be. Um. Working with you." Burhardt took note of Alina. She was very, very young.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 18, 2020, 11:35:29 am »

"I must confess, I've never had the opportunity to partake of a Beaumont vintage, given my travels, but perhaps in more peaceful times..."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 18, 2020, 11:40:22 am »

"Pffshahah! And that's why we get along, lass. Ya know that beatin' the crap out of some bandits can be fun as hell."
"Plus we are also doin' a good deed dealin' with 'em. But somethin' tells me we might be seein' a lot more of those goate lickin'-mushroom sniffing-horse-faced arseholes. Even if these fuckers we dealt with don't get in our way, ya know the word about us wanderin' around will spread in no time."
"Which also means more losers for us to crush. Guess this might be just the way to make 'em understand ya not just some princess drinkin' tea and doin' nothing."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2020, 11:42:38 am »

Evelin pointed her finger at Burhardt.

"Don't be afraid! I will keep watch over you as well. You look quite fragile." She crossed her arms.

Half of the group looks like they would topple over from a strong gust of wind. I'm gonna have pull double duty in this, huh?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2020, 11:47:05 am »

"Oh? Why wait when the opportunity presents itself?"

"Would you accept a glass?" he added, gesturing towards the bottle.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30