Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23746 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2020, 12:02:42 am »

Odette watched with silent satisfaction as Eydis took the juggernaut, the bandit boss, and her mount to go have a little 'chat' with the boy who had initially stopped them on the road. That poor fool was likely going to regret some of his life choices in a few minutes. Serves him right, he could've prevented whatever fate Eydis had in store for him by simply letting them pass. He'd reap what he'd sowed now.
"Have fun dealing with the dragon, you little coward."

She turned her attention back to matters at hand though, as much as part of her wanted to watch the princess' proceedings.
"As much as I agree its best to get these poor sods into the ground before they stink, I think I'll volunteer my services in helping to find Fersand instead. I'm curious what he might know about this missing seal forger they mentioned...and this apparent arrangement they had with Pernrith."

"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2020, 10:08:16 am »

Renee, for her part, was just glad the battle was over. She wandered her way over to Morgan.

"Hey, Morgan. You did a good job, really helpful!" she said - more helpful than she'd been, honestly...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2020, 03:41:43 pm »

The mage glanced back at Renee, seemingly almost confused by the praise. The expression faded after a moment to be replaced with a hint of a smile.
"Um. . .Thank you."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2020, 05:54:09 pm »

Emma, for her part, looks around to the group to attend to the wounded. While she was no great user of healing magics, she knew enough to patch people up a little bit, at least to hold them together for a real healer.
"You all did well to survive our first engagement. Let us focus on the positives."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2020, 07:35:17 pm »

To be honest, she reeeallly didn't get how the fight ended. Only that Eydis and Gun managed to negotiate a truce. Just like she knew they could! It might still leave these guys in place buuuttt...There wasn't going to be any more killing and they all had a much more important job to get on with.

"Well, all's well that ends well, I guess?", Emilia laughs quietly and a little uncertainly. There were still quite a bit from Pernrith so... "Hey, Eydis! Gun! I'm gonna scout out ahead a bit. See if I can't spot anything else on the road." She didn't think so. Seems like things this lot would have taken care of if there was contact between them and Pernrith. Still, wouldn't do to have any more surprises show up. She was needing a joyflight anyway. Just to work off the stresses of that battle.

"We'll beeee... right back. I promise. C'mon, Bell! Up and at 'em!" Did Fionn dismount yet? She can't remember. Oh, well. Doesn't matter. It wasn't as if she was going to be flying that high.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:22:54 pm by ctsun »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2020, 09:40:22 am »

“That is true, Burhardt… I suppose we’ll be here a while now” Gunvald replied, rubbing his eyes slightly before nodding at Tanec,

“Since it’s Fersand waiting for us, I don’t think I’ll need any special number of people to come with. That, and it may be nice to get us some fresh food anyways…” he added, giving Emilia a short wave as the pegasus knight flew off to scout the area.

"You're free to give these people a proper burial. In addition, we should send a signal back to Volker, considering the area seems to be safer now."

As the Dragon Princess and Frozen hammer made their way to the ruined fortress, the kid who had begun this entire mess stood at attention, still shaking in fear but unwilling to try and run any longer. His horse, however, began freaking out on its own, noticing the hungry gaze Eydis’ wyvern gave it before flat out bolting. Once they had arrived, the boss merely stepped to the side, folding his arms as he watched what was likely going to be the last talk the kid ever had.

“So. Let’s make this fast” the Princess began, resting her axe's head on the ground as her Wyvern circled around the boy, doing his best to ignore the hungry look it was now giving him specifically.

“Your Highness…” The guard began, pausing for a brief moment to somewhat calm his nerves, gulping down his fears before he continued with his head bowed

“... I’ll gladly take whatever punishment you want for me causing this, just-”

“I don’t want to hear your excuses. I want to know why you’re even here” Eydis quickly interrupted, causing both the guard and the bandit's boss freeze, processing what she had said, as well as being surprised that she didn't immediately start chopping off limbs.

“... What?”

“I want to know why some kid like you, who can’t even hold his ground until you’re practically backed into a corner, would even think about doing this kind of work unless you had no other options. I don’t care about your excuses as to why you ran and let your partners die. All you really did there was waste my time, and you can deal with the fallout with your little band. But why even bother being here?”

“... It’s complicated, your Highness. My sister lives in Pernrith and has been sick since birth. I needed a way to support both of us, and… The boss here was the only one who let me work for him, without risking both of our lives.”

“And why would that be?” Eydis continued, causing the guard to pause for a few seconds, hesitant to even answer that question before letting out an inaudible sigh,

“My family was one nobility, before the late King had them executed my parents for treason. My sister and I only survived because we were visiting a friend at the time, and we… Went into hiding.”

“Well, you certainly do act like a typical noble. What was your family name?”

"Osrow. House Osrow" the guard answered, this time without hesitation, the word leaving a small bit of silence as the Princess memorized the name. It wasn't unknown to her, Osrow was once a fairly old house that had close relations to the Royal Family. At least until something ticked her Father off and caused their collective execution. The reason for this was something not even Eydis knew, but she never realized that there would be survivors of the House, much less ones trying to run road tolls.

“... Last question. Do you believe your family committed treason against my father?”

“I don’t know. My mother and father never kept me informed about what they did. Whatever they did to earn the King's wrath died with them, as far as I'm concerned.” the Osrow noble stated with a small shrug

“Cocytus, what’s your opinion?” Finally, Eydis had turned her head towards her companion, her fingers idly tapping the hilt of her ax. To be honest, she was just kind of tired of this entire stupid turn of events and wanted to leave. But, she wanted to get a second opinion before laying out fitting punishment, and it was only fair to let her own 'guard' speak before doing so. Especially since she had dragged him over here.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 05:42:57 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2020, 03:12:20 pm »

"...Fukkin' hell mate."
"I miss the days when we just had to smash some dumb thorn-eating-arse-licking bandits without some sort of shitty thing involved in their past."
"But she wants my opinion, so gonna give it. Ya still a god damn rat if ye workin' on this sort of shite, how about ya and yer little band of horse-butte-faced friends work on a fukkin mercenary band instead of going outlaw if ya wanna get some gold? And don't give me this whole 'we are bandits' excuse, because some of these accept all sorts of people. Trust me, I would know."
Cocytus moved closer and loomed over the young man with a closed fist, clearing glaring at him through his visor.
"Now let me tell ya somethin' guard Osrow of House Osrow...if I find out ya lying just to save yer little ass today, I swear in the name of my hammer that I AM GOING TO TURN YA FACE INTO A FUKKIN' PUDDLE OF BLOOD, YA GOT ME? And then I am going to send what is left to ya to yer god damn sister, AM I CLEAR?"
Finally the armored man throws a punch, a really hard one meant to knock him down.
"And that's for earlier, ya little shite. That's all I got to say, princess."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2020, 07:12:35 pm »

Emilia still didn’t exactly know where Fionn had gone, only that he wasn’t on her pegasi. Her scout didn't reveal any visible danger on the road either, only a few scattered farms and other buildings. From the sky, she could see Pernrith's walls just over the horizon, black stone making the city look like a thick line of ink. It wasn't an interesting sight, but it was nice to see from where she flew.

The Osrow noble didn’t even try to dodge the punch, taking it full force. It wasn’t the best idea, as a loud crack filled the air, the guard falling over to the ground in pain.

Eydis herself seemed satisfied with this, lifting her axe from the ground and placing it on her shoulder before turning around,

“With that, I’ll let you off the hook for now. Take this as a lesson, that you shouldn’t let your fear or worries dictate your actions. Because next time I meet you like this, or even HEAR of bandit activity in this area” Eydis stated, turning her head slightly to glare at the fallen form of the guard,

“I’ll kill you as slowly as possible. The same as I will to the rest of you.”

With that the Dragon Princess let out a whistle, walking off as her wyvern followed, stepping over the guard to keep close to its rider. The Bandit Leader stayed silent as they walked away, eventually unfolding his arms and helping the guard off of the ground, expressing a mixture of annoyance and exhaustion.

"Honestly, I was half expecting you to want to pulverize one of his arms. Though I guess breaking his jaw is its own punishment" Eydis commented, voice now devoid of any malice or anger. She seemed rather cheerful now, after being able to blow off some steam and entertain herself for once in the past few days.

With nothing stopping them anymore, Gunvald and those who had nothing better to do were finally able to enter the inn that Fersand was said to have been in, the Masseur Inn. Despite being so far from the city, the inn’s outside neatness matched its interior, the dim lighting and dark wood furniture giving an aura of comfort. Though despite the clear quality, there wasn’t much life in the inn, mostly due to the fact that there was only five people inside; the Inn Keeper, who was returning to the bar after handing out food to the current guests; Fersand, and three figures all sitting around a table of food.

Even if they had been alone, the oddness of the group would have drawn attention very easily, due to Fersand’s own fairly noticeable armor, a child with an oversized red hat, a clear pompous noble, and a red-headed woman who looked like she could snap the table they were eating at in half. At the same time, Gunvald’s entrance was easy to notice due to how little noise was actually happening, something that Fersand had easily taken notice of, dropping the pointless story that he had begun talking about to see the prince.

“Ah, Prince Gunvald! Right on schedule, as always” Fersand greeted, raising a bottle of wine to the now approaching prince, leaning back in his seat at the same time.

“I trust that the travel was relatively smooth without my presence?”

“Well, we ran into a slight problem shortly before coming here, but it’s been handled” Gunvald replied with a small shrug, looking over the three figures sitting with him. For a second he thought they were merely drinking partners of his, but considering there was a kid sitting at the table, that didn’t seem… Likely. He couldn't say he remembered any of their faces though, and he knew that Fersand didn't socialize with everyone unless he had a reason to. So that meant they had to be important in some way.

“So, would you mind introducing me to your… Companions?”

“I would, but I’m a bit too busy for that. Besides, they're your companions now” Fersand answered, barely giving Gunvald time to respond before tipping his head back and downing his wine again, leaving those who had been eating with him to answer the prince instead.

Alina, Nuallán, and Evelin are in!
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 17, 2020, 07:28:58 pm »

Cocytus placed his hammer on his own shoulder and gave a shrug in response.
"And I was expectin' ya to chop his arms off or somethin'. Just decided to go easy on the lil' rat in case he isn't lying about that shite."
  "Plus  he knows what will happen if he is lyin' to us. Dude's gotta be really stupid to lie again, considering what we just did to his buddies moments ago".
"Guess this is what people call a 'win win situation', lass. Cause either they behave from now on, or we break their bones and have fun doin' that."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2020, 08:23:24 pm »

Nuallán was sitting in a very relaxed manner, one leg over the other and a fine bottle of red wine from a good vintage sitting close to him on the table. His expression was a mix of supreme smugness and confidence, eyeing the newcomers as he playfully swirled the wine in his glass before addressing them with an accented voice.

"Nuallán Beaumont, heir apparent to the Beaumont Marquessate. It is a pleasure to meet Your Highness Prince Gunvald in person, as well as his retainers and assistants. Fersand and I were having a pleasant chat about your current situation."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:33:33 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2020, 08:42:20 pm »

Burhardt bowed slightly to the nobleman. "Well met, Nuallán. I am Burhardt Tiedemann, adviser." The scholar then shifted his attention to Fersand. "We came across some rather unsettling information on our way in, Fersand." Burhardt craned his neck back to check on the bartender, who seemed to be out of earshot. He lowered his voice to a whisper regardless. "It would seem that a royal seal is in circulation. Or a nearly perfect copy. It caused us a slight bit of trouble, in fact."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2020, 08:52:59 pm »

Morgan watched Burhardt and Nuallan for a moment, wearing an expression as if the mage was confronted with a difficult math problem. After a bit of this, Morgan glanced around generally at the rest of the group.
"Should I introduce myself too?" Their voice was hesitant, almost fearful.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2020, 08:58:46 pm »

Burhardt, after some internal debate, decided to put his foot in it, metaphorically speaking. "Yes, I think it would be good for each of us to introduce ourselves."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2020, 09:07:10 pm »

Nuallán took another sip from his wine, and enjoyed the flavor while watching the exchange between Burhardt and Morgan.

"By all means, please do."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:24 pm »

Morgan relaxed visibly at the confirmation.
"Um, I'm Morgan." A pause. "I'm a mage."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30