Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23748 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2019, 11:23:24 am »

"Hahaha...please, no more of this nonsense. I can't cast if I can't compose myself." Fionn's little comment nearly sent her over the edge into another uncontrollable bout, but she managed to reign it in at long last.
"Look, Fionn was it? I'm flattered, little pupper, but they have a point. The battlefield is no place to be picking up ladies... and honestly I think you might be barking up the wrong tree."
"I mean it, boy. You may well find that I am far different than you ever expected or wanted, as many others before you have. I have no time for sweet nothings and tender trifles."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:38:21 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2019, 11:28:23 am »

Cocytus simply tilted his head upwards to stare at the sky before giving a lazy nod.
"I suppose so. No rain or clouds."
Of course it was amusing to see the target of those flirting attempts to completely shut him down, but he was going to save his laughter for a more fitting occasion; like whenever they get to interrogate the guard.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2019, 12:00:29 pm »

If Fionn didn't have an image to uphold, he'd applaud. Sure, he was disappointed that Tanec and Cocytus did not follow up on their threats, but he had to commend them. Instead of throwing in a bigger bucket to make the well dry, they decided to simply refuse to use the handle. He'd actually quiet down as a gesture of relenting, to let them feel they've won one day, but he was not one to back down from a challenge.

However, his main target still threw in their bucket, so fill he would. His confidence didn't waver, despite Odette's striking words.

"Must all things in life be about 'picking up ladies' or 'barking up the wrong tree'? Perhaps I just truly enjoyed your voice, and merely wanted to share that thought with you... but if you must find me a canine, then allow me to return you the stick you threw for me. I would be shameful for thinking that adorable little laugh on the surface was all that there was to yourself!... It's foolish to assume such a thing."

Fionn's last sentence carried a sudden change in tone. It wasn't fun or whimsical, but completely stone-cold serious. Fionn let a little pause as he kept his knife out, turning his attention back to the most definitely confused enemies, but looked over at Odette once more, his tone quickly carrying once more the flighty tone it once had.

"Perhaps after this battle, you can show me some of those differences of yours. Life always finds a way to fit in sweet nothings and tender trifles."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2019, 12:05:13 pm »

". . . Belly rubs?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2019, 12:22:55 pm »

"Yes, they're very fun and comfy." was all the response Morgan got from Emilia before she started blushing and sputtering again.

"No, they're not! Moving on! Moving on!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2019, 12:48:06 pm »

"I can't even... what?"

F9.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2019, 01:45:58 pm »

"..." Well then. He... actually persisted. Was he truly this brash? She had of course seen hints of it during the dice game earlier but... to imagine it was to this extent?
"Hmph..." again, she chuckled "well, you're certainly an interesting little fool, I'll give you that much. Though I make no promises about what happens after the battle. For now just try not to get skewered by a wayward lance. I'll see if you've got anything beyond honeyed words in due time."
Though I highly doubt it...
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2019, 04:23:51 pm »

"...A fine day to be home sleeping."
Seriously what was the deal with those two? Why did that topic had to return?

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2019, 07:19:46 pm »

Well, there's one thing from all of that she doesn't regret. She got everyone to open up more. Fionn, for one, was looking awfully lonely. And, Cocytus and Odette, well....Emilia turned to face Cocytus with a goofy grin.

"I'm glad you're not talking about horrible, horrible murder anymore. Life's too short and too precious to keep being that mad at someone. Even...if I had to horribly embarass myself."

She turned back to face the enemy.

"Now, back on topic. We still have a fight to deal with."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:00:51 pm by ctsun »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2019, 09:20:04 pm »

Morgan just sort of continued to look confused, glancing at Renee as if expecting an explanation.
"Should I just go back to setting people on fire?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2019, 10:42:48 pm »

"Oh? Don't ya worry, I intend to still do all those things I said before lass, but thanks for offering me a reminder."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2019, 11:14:40 pm »

Emilia frowned at that. Doing all that he said he would do, well, that's still horrible torture and murder, especially off the battlefield, where he would be their prisoner and essentially helpless. If he seriously tried to do that, she would have to stop him.

Anyway, she was getting ahead of herself. They are all very much still at large. Maybe she was just getting too hopeful from seeing Eydis rampage. Focus, Emilia. Don't want to get shot because you were too busy worrying about what someone else might do or even how crazy you are.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 03:49:24 am by ctsun »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2019, 11:50:23 pm »

Flavius was kind of having a hard time comprehending everything going on, but Cocytus' comment gave him the jolt he needed to finally put his foot down on at least some of this nonsense.
"You'll do no such thing young man. Now I was letting it slide before but enemies or no everyone deserves some common decency even if I don't care for bandits at all! Morgan, go set more bad people on fire. And Fionn... I know how it is to be your age but don't bother. She'll eat you up, maybe literally."
Flavius finishes his half rant with a disappointed sigh, like he had to scold his children for something basic.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2019, 12:58:09 am »

Obviously Cocytus didn't care about any attempts of -trying- to give him orders, after all he was hired for smashing things, and that was exactly what he intended to do. Plus, the one calling the shots were the prince and the princess, so there was no reason for him to even bother replying. And apparently only Odette could understand the fine difference between battle banter and actual pointless violence, after all he did swing his hammer alright-But with a certain limit of brutality, and he certainly wasn't going to be the one teaching someone the meaning of battle banter either.
"Ay, Odette. Do you like makin' bets?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2019, 09:29:16 am »

Odette couldn't help but note how... sensitive some of these souls seemed to a bit of mere jest between warriors. Disappointing to say the least, but she honestly didn't care. It was all for good fun; she was fully able to do terrible things to them, sure, but even criminal scum like these held some lowly value in this society. One of the first things she'd figured out after landing here was just how far she could go while fighting them before people started to cause problems over it. Honestly, it hadn't been very far at all.

Just like back in the Tower, really. Always having to walk on eggshells, show restraint... never testing the true limits of one's might. It was one of the main reasons she preferred hunting monsters over men: they were spiteful, insidious, and held back nothing in a fight. Given such foul natures, she was free to hold back nothing against them as well, and almost no one ever gave her shit for it. Regardless, she put the complaints out of mind as Cocytus offered a friendly wager.

"Hmm? Sure, I suppose. What did you have in mind?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:41:09 am by Stratos »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30