Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Pure Nomic (Players Needed)  (Read 34296 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Nomic
« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2019, 09:39:12 pm »

I think that since Holy Laws are not really designed to have a real impact on the game that it should be possible for them to be approved faster and not be limited to every day except Wednesday. Thoughts?
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2019, 09:50:18 pm »

Since this has no underlined portions it is not a rule proposal because in order to be a rule proposal the title must be underlined. This is a proposal I am working on. Thoughts?

Alpha: Assimilate
New rule: The Global Directors may reward any player in any way they choose at their discretion provided the majority of the Global Directors approve of said player and reward. The process is as follows:
1. A Global Director posts to the Pure Nomic thread "I nominate [player] to receive [reward] because [reason]."
2. The Global Directors discuss the merits of the decision.
3. The Global Directors vote. All Global Directors must vote before proceeding to step 4.
4. If the nomination passes then the reward is administered. If the nomination fails then nothing happens.

Reason: To allow the Global Directors to reward players for doing things they like in whatever manner they see fit.
Potential flaw: The Global Directors could theoretically vote to give someone absurd point gains.
Counter: Practically speaking that is unlikely. For that to occur would require all of the Global Directors to take leave of their senses.

New rule: Global Directors and Citizens can enter into contracts with each other. These contracts function like localized rules that only affect those who have signed on to it or their representatives. As a type of rule violating them incurs a penalty described by the contract itself or the rules as a whole.

Reason: This is to give the world of the game a bit more interesting things to do.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #362 on: September 19, 2019, 01:20:16 am »

I think that since Holy Laws are not really designed to have a real impact on the game that it should be possible for them to be approved faster and not be limited to every day except Wednesday. Thoughts?
I currently think 2 days is already challenging to keep up with.

Also, TC, bookkeeping is for things that don't effect gameplay. And by definition the Alpha, Beta, and Holy rules have different gameplay consequences.

Bookkeeping doesn't mean small change. It means none.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 01:22:56 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 19, 2019, 10:22:22 am »

I currently think 2 days is already challenging to keep up with.

Also, TC, bookkeeping is for things that don't effect gameplay. And by definition the Alpha, Beta, and Holy rules have different gameplay consequences.

Bookkeeping doesn't mean small change. It means none.
I don't think adding proper punctuation really counts as a change. The rule still means the same thing.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 19, 2019, 10:30:57 am »

Also, thoughts on my pseudo-proposal?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #365 on: September 19, 2019, 12:46:12 pm »

Bookkeeping: Holy Law transmutation
These two things are incompatible.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 19, 2019, 12:51:13 pm »

Roseheart, Jack needs to do an action in the Pokémon RTD

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 19, 2019, 02:13:22 pm »

Bookkeeping: Holy Law transmutation
These two things are incompatible.
I don't think they are. The rules are not being changed; they are being moved up a rank.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #368 on: September 19, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »

Quote from: bookkeeping
If you wish to make a proposal that does not effect game mechanics

You recently had a trial, how might have the game mechanics been effected, if No Proposal Wednesday was a Beta Law, or a Holy Law?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 19, 2019, 05:35:00 pm »

Quote from: bookkeeping
If you wish to make a proposal that does not effect game mechanics

You recently had a trial, how might have the game mechanics been effected, if No Proposal Wednesday was a Beta Law, or a Holy Law?
This situation is not comparable. In your situation things change. In my proposal nothing changes.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #370 on: September 19, 2019, 08:07:24 pm »

I see your point.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #371 on: September 19, 2019, 08:18:54 pm »

It is too hard for me to find peoples votes.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2019, 08:23:24 pm »

Bookkeeping: Rule combinations
Combine alpha-3 and alpha-8 as follows:

3. The TC must update the original post. A rule is not in effect until it is added to the OP. Rules must be listed in the order they were proposed, except when a proposal or a revision suggests otherwise.
In the case of the TC being unavailable for three days then all active Global Directors can vote on a replacement TC and make a new thread. When this happens the new TC must link to the previous thread in their OP and to the next thread in their last post in the old thread. TC is assumed to have left the game.

And combine alpha-14 and alpha-17 as follows:

14. All proposals must be given a concise title by their proposer for referential purposes.
When proposing Global Directors must underline the first use of the proposal title.
+1
+1
Each +1 is a support vote

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2019, 08:48:30 pm »

New rule: The Global Directors may reward any player in any way they choose at their discretion provided the majority of the Global Directors approve of said player and reward. The process is as follows:
1. A Global Director posts to the Pure Nomic thread "I nominate [player] to receive [reward] because [reason]."
3. The Global Directors vote. All Global Directors must vote before proceeding to step 4.
4. If the nomination passes then the reward is administered. If the nomination fails then nothing happens.

Reason: To allow the Global Directors to reward players for doing things they like in whatever manner they see fit.
Potential flaw: The Global Directors could theoretically vote to give someone absurd point gains.
Counter: Practically speaking that is unlikely. For that to occur would require all of the Global Directors to take leave of their senses.

New rule: Global Directors and Citizens can enter into contracts with each other. These contracts function like localized rules that only affect those who have signed on to it or their representatives. As a type of rule violating them incurs a penalty described by the contract itself or the rules as a whole.

Reason: This is to give the world of the game a bit more interesting things to do.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2019, 09:00:13 pm »

+1
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31