Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Warlords of Fantasia! Strategy game of magic and heroism.  (Read 22477 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warlords of Fantasia! Strategy game of magic and heroism.
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2019, 04:16:15 pm »

Quote from: Treaty of the Twin Cities
As written, The Silver Tower and the City of Winds shall exchange magical knowledge. In addition, battle for autonomy shall occur at Province 14, with the winner submitting to the loser of the battle.

May a peaceful end be reached for all magic, so we may turn our attentions outwards.

As written,

Both Sides shall have Curse and Hero Call.

A battle shall occur at Province 14 this year. The Loser of this battle shall cede their Capital to the Winner, as well as any heroes, during the next season.

While this treaty can be broken, it is better to just get the siege of the enemy capital out of the way. Given that once an army is there, you've lost without any other provinces. No reason to wait, after all.

Granted, either of us can initiate it during our phase.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 04:20:18 pm by TricMagic »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 08:31:40 pm »

I have an alternative option, with us both having curse an invasion would be difficult, since it works only on your own tiles, and controlling the capital province of the other will give little more then the trade treaty. 

You can take 14, I will take 15, then you can eat up all those magic nodes to the south while I expand north.

I will move north now and accept the treaty and the trade, if you still want the fight instead I will accept and move into 14.

Just to be clear I am accepting your original agreement but if you want to negotiate further or accept a cease fire I am open to that as well.

Move army from 13 to 12.

Accept trade agreement and exchange of magic knowledge.

An Emu, followed by an apprentice mage in muddy gray robes, arrives at Centralis Venti and demands to be let in.  The apprentice explains to the confused guard that the master of The Silver Tower had heard of messenger birds and believed one with a fierce kick could best defend a message and should be gifted a loud voice to proclaim it.

The bird rather rudely accepted the trade deal and war at face value while loudly insulting the quality of fish in the marketplace.  However the apprentice had another letter from the silver council magi offering an alternative to war, unsteady peace that divides the world in half and a continued sharing of magical knowledge.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 11:54:22 pm »

The army was moved, and an exchange treaty created.

Doomblade187's Turn!

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2019, 07:36:22 am »

I have an alternative option, with us both having curse an invasion would be difficult, since it works only on your own tiles, and controlling the capital province of the other will give little more then the trade treaty. 

You can take 14, I will take 15, then you can eat up all those magic nodes to the south while I expand north.

I will move north now and accept the treaty and the trade, if you still want the fight instead I will accept and move into 14.

Just to be clear I am accepting your original agreement but if you want to negotiate further or accept a cease fire I am open to that as well.

Move army from 13 to 12.

Accept trade agreement and exchange of magic knowledge.

An Emu, followed by an apprentice mage in muddy gray robes, arrives at Centralis Venti and demands to be let in.  The apprentice explains to the confused guard that the master of The Silver Tower had heard of messenger birds and believed one with a fierce kick could best defend a message and should be gifted a loud voice to proclaim it.

The bird rather rudely accepted the trade deal and war at face value while loudly insulting the quality of fish in the marketplace.  However the apprentice had another letter from the silver council magi offering an alternative to war, unsteady peace that divides the world in half and a continued sharing of magical knowledge.

Hmm.

That will be fine, then. Though.... I'll note that you didn't actually research anything this phase? You can research techs during each along with your action.

Trade deal exchanging magical knowledge is accepted. As is the south/north divide. More later on my turn.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2019, 07:47:36 am »

Don't forget that you need to declare what you want to research, Voidslayer. You want to research all the time.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2019, 04:24:04 pm »

Research Secret of Orichalcum
Move army to 49
Build castle in 48
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2019, 03:58:17 am »

Since I know I'm next after Doomblade and no rolls are required and disasters only happen at the beginning of a phase...
Research Secret of Mithril
Army Movement: 54 > 55
54: Build Castle

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2019, 07:40:40 am »

In the other lands, there was also invading and castle building involved. Oh, and research.

SirAston'sTricMagic's Turn!

SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2019, 08:13:47 am »

Centralis Venti, the City of Winds.
A messenger is sent to accept the trade agreement on their ship. The split between north and south is a fine trade, as it was needed in order to better survive.

Recently, it seems monstrosities had popped up, devastating their towns and trade routes. The people have need of heroes.

Treaty fully formalized between The Silver Tower and The City of Winds. Hero Call Knowledge traded for Curse Knowledge.

[Hero Call], activated. We call out for a hero. May the winds carry this message to them.

A castle is built on the border between 21 and 22, near 20. [Castle built on 21.]

The army moves from [21 to 14] to set up some towns there and pacify the people.

The Magi of the City of the Wind seek introduction of greater [Academics] to their cities.{2 from Capital+2 fro Seios+2 from Treaty of the Two Cities, All RP regardless.}

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2019, 08:54:11 am »

//Rules for appearance of Heroes now changed; it's 1 in 4 every Spring AND Autumn.

A trade was conducted! Meanwhile, a hero was called forth whilst the usual stuff commenced.

YEAR 2000, AUTUMN

Quote from: Hero Call/Centralis Venti

A Fighter calling himself Dearcan Adairg arrives to serve at the court of Centralis Venti!

Quote from: Hero Roll
4, 2, 6

A Wizard calling himself Moderus Laudannus arrives to serve at the court of University-State of Tugtupite

Shadowclaw777's Turn!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:58:05 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2019, 09:04:02 am »

.... Do you have to make me weaker Haspen? Hero Call won't be as useful now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2019, 09:08:42 am »

There is a 1 in 4 chance that a hero turns up each turn, and they will arrive at a random court. Thus I have a 3.57% chance per turn to get a hero.

If it was still 1 in 6, I'd have a 2.38% chance.

If you cast Hero's call, you have a 100% chance.

I promise you are not being screwed over here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2019, 03:02:53 pm »

Turn 2000, Autumn
I pass my turn!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2019, 03:12:55 pm »

Time passes slowly for Envainians...

Felissan's Turn!

SigFlags!

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2019, 03:38:49 pm »

Pass.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23