Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reaction Problem - Reagents don't want to listen to me.  (Read 1355 times)

Ptasznikt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reaction Problem - Reagents don't want to listen to me.
« on: August 13, 2019, 05:41:52 pm »

It's funny, but possibly I make some stupid mistake, I cannot find. I try to implement the chemistry basics in DF, everything goes fine(even if it took me few months to make it go fine), but one small tedious thing tend to elude me.

[REACTION:MAKE_TYPHONIC_OIL]
[NAME:make typhonic oil]
[DESCRIPTION: Brews typhonic oil, strong liquid known for its unusual extracting properties. Requires typhonite boulder and a melting substance. Uses Alchemy skill.]
[BUILDING:ALCHEMIST:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:TYPHONITE]
[REAGENT:melter:1:LIQUID_MISC_OTHER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [REACTION_CLASS:MELTER]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:melter]
      [DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[REAGENT:liquid container 2:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY]
      [DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:TYPHONIC_OIL][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container 2]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:ALCHEMIST]

Can someone explain me, why in the reaction above, the first reagent(the boulder) doesn't want to kindly disappear and stays after. I've been literally looking at this reaction for hours and I repeat the same mistake in each of the following ones, so it's not a typo.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Reaction Problem - Reagents don't want to listen to me.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 07:41:13 pm »

[REACTION:MAKE_TYPHONIC_OIL]
[NAME:make typhonic oil]
[DESCRIPTION: Brews typhonic oil, strong liquid known for its unusual extracting properties. Requires typhonite boulder and a melting substance. Uses Alchemy skill.]
^^^Category_Description, I don't think DESCRIPTION is a reaction token^^^

[BUILDING:ALCHEMIST:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:TYPHONITE]
[REAGENT:melter:1:*LIQUID_MISC_OTHER*:NONE:NONE:NONE]<- LIQIUD_MISC not LIQUID_MISC_OTHER. Also LIQUID_MISC goes in units of 150 each (so turn that 1 into 150)
      [REACTION_CLASS:MELTER]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE] <- Technically you can leave this as NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE because the container support tokens narrow it down already
      [CONTAINS:melter]
      [DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:liquid container 2:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE] <- ditto as the above container, you can leave it as NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE
      [EMPTY]
      [DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:TYPHONIC_OIL][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container 2][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] <- Looks good
[SKILL:ALCHEMIST]

Right now I don't see why it would not consume the BOULDER, but I'm wondering if it's just a fluke because some of your other reagents are goofy

Ptasznikt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 09:53:06 am »

Thanks.
Problem was that [PRESERVE_REAGENT] was somehow preventing the stone from being consumed in the process. I try several less aesthetic approaches towards the problem.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 12:24:28 pm »

yeah but you had it on your Containers which shouldn't have affected your other reagents "melter" and "A"

Ptasznikt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 04:28:21 pm »

yeah but you had it on your Containers which shouldn't have affected your other reagents "melter" and "A"

I know. I erased the [PRESERVE_REAGENT] just for lulz. Reaction went perfectly, the only problem was, the liquid wasn't being noticed by stockpilers - due to obvious reasons. I do not know - maybe processing boulders to liquids doesn't work as it should. For the sake of the mod, I will probably try to copy/paste quicklime/milk of lime reaction, and force the boulder to be dusted to bag and then processed into liquid. If that won't trigger, I will try to swap chemical substances for globes or something, but it would be shameful to lose the perfect stockpiling category.

I'm kind of despaired. I created large set of fictious minerals and divided them into eight meaningful groups, created the whole chemistry set for them to function in different ways, made eight totally differrent ways of acquiring steel and everything simply sits because of this one reaction. I have two weeks left of my holiday and want to play this mod.

Post-thought: I could mess up something with containers, tested on custom ones.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 04:31:42 pm »

did you make sure your new materials and that have [LIQUID_MISC_OTHER]

Ptasznikt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 04:41:34 pm »

did you make sure your new materials and that have [LIQUID_MISC_OTHER]

Yes. When, I'm in doubt, I simply rewrite everything again and re-insert in fresh DF. Everything was fine from the beginning. The problem was [CONTAINER_CAPACITY] of my custom liquid containers. I should embark with some jugs from the beginning. Thank you for your assistance.