Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY  (Read 55880 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Day One: A Hanging Scroll
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2019, 05:48:47 pm »

Oog, we are just getting nowhere this Day...

I'm a little disturbed by these sudden lynchvotes on Persus. We've been at this three days now, and the best we have is... lynch a lurker? I can see the logic behind it, but... oof. I feel like there's gotta be a better answer here.

We certainly won't get one if y'all don't answer when somebody questions you. IonMatrix, 4maskwolf, would you kindly respond to the questions I asked of you in my last post?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2019, 06:25:57 pm »

Oog, we are just getting nowhere this Day...

I'm a little disturbed by these sudden lynchvotes on Persus. We've been at this three days now, and the best we have is... lynch a lurker? I can see the logic behind it, but... oof. I feel like there's gotta be a better answer here.

We certainly won't get one if y'all don't answer when somebody questions you. IonMatrix, 4maskwolf, would you kindly respond to the questions I asked of you in my last post?
The questions about what my intent was?

Nope.  I won't, in fact.

Naturegirl1999 this is the second time you've bandwagoned onto someone with little to no justification.  At this point you, even with the mitigating factor of your newness, you're the scummiest person in the game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2019, 06:43:43 pm »

Unvote, extend.

I need to read the thread properly, lynching a lurker or a newb isn't a good response to having no time. You read Pooka's analysis, this is a small game, unlikely to last more than a couple of nights, where two mistakes will kill us. We need more time.
One wheel short of a wagon

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2019, 06:46:39 pm »

Nope.  I won't, in fact.
...Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will want answers.

But yeah I suppose Naturegirl1999's vote shenanigans have been pretty bizarre. Votes Persus because bandwagon, backs off when she gets pressured on it, votes you over quote confusion, backs off when she gets pressured on it, bounces that vote to me, backs off when she gets pressured on it...

It's possible we're just looking at new-player flailing, but I'm increasingly inclined to believe she's mafia, and doesn't know what to do or who to accuse because she already knows who's who. She said it herself at the start of the Day: all she wants is her own survival.

PPE: Oh right, we can vote to extend! We should do that!
IcyTea: Do we use our lynchvote to push for an extension, or can we request it separately?

klonk
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2019, 07:10:06 pm »

PPE: Oh right, we can vote to extend! We should do that!
IcyTea: Do we use our lynchvote to push for an extension, or can we request it separately?

At the very least, everyone not voting should post "extend" in red.

Ok, looking through the thread and taking stock.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2019, 07:24:47 pm »

Yes, Persus13 hasn’t posted in a while
Persus13

There hasn't been enough interaction to find anything super scummy and the town can't afford an afk player.
I am saying I agree with 4mask, Persus13 hasn’t been active in a while

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2019, 07:35:42 pm »

Extension votes are separate from lynch votes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2019, 07:39:07 pm »

OK, can everyone post extend in red please?

We really need to do this, the current ideas are "lynch a lurker" and "oh well, that new player looks scummy enough", neither of which I consider strong cases.

Yes, Persus13 hasn’t posted in a while
Yeah, ok, this is pretty bad, blatant bandwagon. However, that's about the tone for Naturegirl's play this entire day, potentially due to newness and a lack of careful reading or reflection. I honestly don't find this changes my read on Naturegirl; she's bandwagoned before, seems too unconfident to choose her own lynch target, and follows stronger players like a puppy. I'm slightly surprised that people find this worse than anything she's done before.

Still a strong lynch target, and one I'd be happy to see out the game if we can't get an extension and a decent case.

Persus13

There hasn't been enough interaction to find anything super scummy and the town can't afford an afk player.
Interestingly enough, this is also very bad. 4maskwolf, are extensions not a thing? Are they are bad idea in a game where town is quite possibly (see Pooka's analysis) two mistakes away from victory and we get one every goddamn day?

You're a good mafia player, and have been posting heavily, so clearly you're attending to the game. I'm pretty flabbergasted by this "oh well, lynch a lurker" attitude when we could actually extend the day. Even if Naturegirl is scum, I'll honestly be after you more than any other player next round.

I mean, Superdorf also "forgot" about extensions, but at least they've been trying to get town moving.

*yawns* ok I'm awake now!

Did the voting people forget to take of their pressure vote or something? Personally, I think we should refrain from lynching on day one unless someone os so scummy he/she just HAS to be scum. But again, I'm the least experienced player here, so I want to hear what everybody's opinion before voting for no lynch.
Nolynch D1 is generally thought to benefit scum in fairly vanilla games, unless under exceptional circumstances.

Alas, my internet went out this morning... I'm here now, tho!

NJW2000
So far you've discussed the idea that IonMatrixlooks dubious, and encouraged him to engage and scumhunt. This is all good. But I don't see you "looking into" IonMatrix's play any more - are you implying that someone else should?
I'm trying I'm trying! Slowly.

An emotional diagnosis of "really on edge for some reason" is a particularly fascinating choice of words. I can't exactly ask you to scumhunt someone for being nervy, as IonMatrix seems to be with his apologies for lateness and ketchup and all. But all the same, you certainly imply that there is a reason they're on edge, and that there may well be an interesting reason... which in the context of us playing mafia, could only really be that they're scum/sk, right?
Right... but he could also just be nervy town. I'm not sure which yet.

I totally agree with what you're telling IonMatrix and Naturegirl: that they ought to scumhunt and help town, rather than just defending themselves. But there's something a little off about stating someone's emotional vibe looks scummy then giving them understanding advice about how to have a different mindset immediately after. Are you scumhunting or advising here?
Mm... yes.

See, I can't quite tell whether these two are just town unsure what to do with themselves... or scum trying to remain beneath notice. If they're town, I want to make 'em step up their game. If they're scum, I want to rat 'em out. So I'm trying to do both at once, and it's... not really working so well.  ::)
Right. It's hard to teach and play in a game like this, I guess.

Well, things seem to be getting interesting. But Time is ticking and trickling away, and I still don't have much in the way of reads.

Alright now it's time for my typical bullshit.

I'm very confident that we have a cop this game.
Ho hum.

I myself have a hunch that there is an SK.
Why are you too so confident about those roles? Did some behavior tip either of you to these hunches?
Good question! Scumhunting! There's hope for yer yet.

I myself thought there was an SK because no strong lynch cases had emerged when I said this, which suggests the mafia weren't focusing on obtaining a lynch to benefit scum, and that quite a few players were more interested in figuring out who was who than killing efficiently.
All that's out the window what with the new developments.

Anyway. Your recent words make me curious: have you played Mafia before? If so, how many games (if any) have you played as mafia, or as a hostile third-party?
As I said before, no.
Also, poke more people please. You're really not making yourself look good right now.
I think I said before that the reason I'm not voting anyone because I don't find anyone suspicous. But sure, I'll use a random number generater.

Fake Edit:
I used a RNG and ended up with myself :P. So:
Myself, why are you not poking anyone?

There, I hope that satisfies you  :P.
Ok. Uh, I'll try again, just in case the last post had the opposite affect.
Ah! I got a one, so:

Naturegirl1999, can you explain why you didn't answer some questions you were asked?
Ok, I'm surprised nobody really commented on these two consecutive posts. I'd like people to read through them again.

This gives off very strong scum vibes to me. One of the two posts doesn't even have content, it's just IonMatrix talking to himself. It's like ionmatrix has only realised after posting that he should actually do some questioning in response to Superdorf, and has quickly posted something town-like.

Then he's asked the other newest player something rather uninteresting, piggybacking off earlier players chasing Naturegirl for answers. He hasn't noticed anything new, he's just read something someone else wrote about Naturegirl and turned it into a question.

Naturegirl has been bandwagoning. But she's also actually been doing something approaching scumhunting in her last handful of posts, and seems to have been reading the thread. IonMatrix on the other hand doesn't actually seem to care about helping the town, he's just making flippant remarks and doing what Superdorf told him in the laziest, least risky way possible.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2019, 07:56:36 pm »

Wonderful!
Unvote
Extend

So here's a weird thought... what if 4maskwolf and Naturegirl1999 are a scumteam together, and this was some weird bussing on maskwolf's part after Naturegirl jumped on his Persus vote? Is that even a thing he'd do?

Also, I feel like I want to change my mind on a bunch of stuff really really fast. Is that a bad thing?

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2019, 08:00:25 pm »

Extend

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2019, 08:04:11 pm »

Wonderful!
Unvote
Extend

So here's a weird thought... what if 4maskwolf and Naturegirl1999 are a scumteam together, and this was some weird bussing on maskwolf's part after Naturegirl jumped on his Persus vote? Is that even a thing he'd do?

Also, I feel like I want to change my mind on a bunch of stuff really really fast. Is that a bad thing?
I don't think that's entirely implausible, given the circumstances. It would however involve either a total lack of coordination on the part of the scumteam for naturegirl to follow 4mask's vote, or for them to actually plan to do this, both of which seem odd.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2019, 08:04:48 pm »

Oh wait, now we're thinking Naturegirl really is just confused-town. In which case my crazy bussing theories are pointless. So... disregard previous post?

Anyway. Let's try something new and weird.

IonMatrix: You were so excited for this game before it started... are you still? Why or why not?

klonk
Sigtext

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2019, 08:06:30 pm »

I guess playing too much mafia erases any senses of humor, at least when playing mafia.

Superdorf, I used a RNG because as I said before, I don't really find anyone suspicous.

I do agree that we should probably lynch someone by the end on this day now. But, I didn't see anything that would really classify as "scumtell", so I think we should extend the day, to both find more evidence and have more time analyzing.
Extension, please.

Fake edit: crap, looks like some people posted while im typing. Oh well.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2019, 08:11:59 pm »

Oh wait, superdorf posted again while I was typing out the fake edit.

Superdorf, I am still excited for this game, but nothing really happened in this game

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2019, 08:18:52 pm »

(Triple post. Wow!)
Wonderful!
Unvote
Extend

What is wonderful, exactly? The fact that NJW just said that I'm extremly scummy is the post above yours?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27