Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY  (Read 55705 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Day Two: Nature or Nurture?
« Reply #315 on: August 31, 2019, 04:09:26 am »

At that point, NJW could have appeared and attacked Superdorf by saying I watched him, not roleblocked him. But that wouldn't have the desirable effect of bringing down two birds with one stone, would it?

He instead chose to wait until I claimed. At the risk of appearing scummy by withholding his claim until I claimed first, he decided he would be better off painting two people as scum. And he did so in a way that you can't believe one is scummy but the other not; both have to be scum at the same time. A very clever part of his plan.
Emphasis mine. I waited until Pooka claimed to claim my role. But I attacked Superdorf and made claims about Pooka before then. So this is simply untrue.

In fact, I made myself look extremely dubious by claiming a great deal about Pooka's role. As scum, why on earth would I do that? Accuse a town player of lying when I knew he wasn't, and insist on waiting for another town to claim and back him up, before claiming my role? Scum only needs to get one person lynched in a LyLo situation, there's almost certainly a better way scum-me could have done it. Even if I had to put my word against two people, I wouldn't have insisted that Pooka would confirm my attack.

Pretty much nothing I did would make any sense as scum... I would at least have coordinated with my scumpartner in making a confusion out of the nightgame, whoever they were. And I would have claimed earlier in the day, not waited for town to put together their own picture of events before stepping in.
One wheel short of a wagon

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
  • Deleting things since 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 31, 2019, 05:13:59 am »

I waited until Pooka claimed to claim my role. But I attacked Superdorf and made claims about Pooka before then. So this is simply untrue.
Okay. Points for your plan.

In fact, I made myself look extremely dubious by claiming a great deal about Pooka's role. As scum, why on earth would I do that? Accuse a town player of lying when I knew he wasn't, and insist on waiting for another town to claim and back him up, before claiming my role? Scum only needs to get one person lynched in a LyLo situation, there's almost certainly a better way scum-me could have done it. Even if I had to put my word against two people, I wouldn't have insisted that Pooka would confirm my attack.
The only reason you'd do that as scum is to avoid a Naturegirl lynch. I'm 90% certain she's scumteam with you. Here's the better way scum-you would have done it, which I would have done myself:

sit back and make Naturegirl dig her grave

If she wasn't scum, you would have had no problems getting town to lynch her, with or without effort on your part. But, she is scum. And if we lynch her to-day, you have to live another day of fending off town, and you couldn't let that happen, could you? But when you woke up, you found a vector of attack thanks to Superdorf's and Persus's claims. You could claim that I was no roleblocker and Superdorf is the murderer. Not only do you divert attention from your scumbuddy with her heat from Day 1, you also make two townies look scummy.

Pretty much nothing I did would make any sense as scum... I would at least have coordinated with my scumpartner in making a confusion out of the nightgame, whoever they were. And I would have claimed earlier in the day, not waited for town to put together their own picture of events before stepping in.
Although I'm sure Naturegirl seems coached, I have no further comment on this bit. For you, the only confusion and nightmare you needed to create is implicating two townies in one fell swoop. On LyLo. That's a great enough plan.
Code: [Select]
> os.delete("real_life.py")

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 31, 2019, 09:33:26 am »

Emphasis mine. I waited until Pooka claimed to claim my role. But I attacked Superdorf and made claims about Pooka before then. So this is simply untrue.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: any argument that boils down to "Why would I do this as scum?" is useless WiFoM. Those of us who aren't you cannot know how you would or would not act as scum! To pretend otherwise is useless speculation!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2019, 10:01:32 am »

Gah, hit "Post" instead of "Preview" by mistake. There was more to that argument, I swear...

Let's indulge this speculation for a moment, just long enough to establish that there are possible scum-motives for your actions.

Why didn't you step in sooner? Probably because you were waiting for more people to claim so you could build a better fabrication.

Why did you insist on incriminating Pooka too, even though you (claim you) knew he was the roleblocker? Because you knew he would call out your lies regardless of whether you encouraged him to or not, and you hoped my scummy habits would be sufficient to drag him down with me!

Why didn't you coordinate more with your scumbuddy? Maybe Naturegirl isn't all that good at coordinated tactics. Maybe you told her to let you do most of the talking, relying on your own eloquence to carry the day. Maybe you're with Persus, and you're hoping to solidify his town credit beyond any shadow of doubt! We don't know... but you needn't insinuate that you'd never act this way as scum. You've got plenty of possible motivations.

Incidentally, everyone... we're getting pretty close to deadline. Do we want to grab another extension while we have the chance?

klonk
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 31, 2019, 11:07:12 am »

I don't think an extension would do anything. At this point all the information people need to decide who they're voting today on the table, and extending the game won't change that. I'm not voting right now because of the chance for hammers, but the rest of you all should be reasonably confident in that not happening enough to start making your votes (except Nature, but she's already voting).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2019, 11:14:54 am »

Hm, alright then.

NJW2000

klonk
Sigtext

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2019, 01:03:18 pm »

I've already set my target since the accusation was made. I certainly don't see an extension helping us at this point of time. Everyone has made up their mind on who to vote (except Persus AFAIK, and I think he got his fair share of content to tell him who to vote).

Time for NJW2000 to get the vote.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2019, 01:22:39 pm »

GG Y'all ;)

NJW2000

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2019, 01:29:51 pm »

[DATA EXPUNGED]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:08:12 pm by Pooka »

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2019, 01:32:05 pm »

[DATA EXPUNGED]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:07:57 pm by Pooka »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 31, 2019, 01:39:10 pm »

Will post later.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 07:32:44 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 31, 2019, 06:25:24 pm »

POST-HAMMER EDIT: Oops. Gone now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 07:01:38 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 31, 2019, 06:50:30 pm »

Hammer is down. Please edit away posts made after the third vote.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 31, 2019, 07:10:01 pm »

Clarification to rules: hammering immediately ends a Day. Players are only allowed to post in the main thread during the Day. It follows that if someone casts a hammervote, nobody should post afterwards, even if the mod hasn't yet confirmed the Day ending.

Quote from: Final votecount
Pooka: Naturegirl1999 (1)
NJW2000: Superdorf, Pooka, Persus13 (3)

No vote: NJW2000

Exorcism. A beautiful word. One stranger scattered a bag of vanilla beans on the floor, which another couldn't resist getting down to count. It wasn't quite clear who, but someone spoke a divine phrase, leaving only a pile of clothes among the vanilla. It seems that this stranger was the strangest by far. But what could call such a being to infiltrate a ceremony such as this?

Certainly, with both a sinner and an evil spirit purified, the command of the hanging scroll had now been fulfilled.

Either way, the time had come to finally drink some tea. A little bell called the remaining strangers to the tea room...

NJW2000 has been lynched!

Quote from: Roleflip
They were a Mafia Ascetic Role Cop!

Once per night, you may choose to learn the role (but not alignment or modifiers) of another player.
Any player who targets you with an ability other than a kill is roleblocked.

You may also choose to use the factional ability to kill a player once per night. You may communicate with other members of your faction here (link removed).

You win when at least one Mafia player is alive and no Town or Serial Killer player is alive.

Quote from: Sample result
Your target is a Role Cop.

You are a judgmental evil spirit in human guise. Your can sense mortals’ worst sins with a mere glance. Few can make eye contact with your piercing gaze.

Night Two has begun. It will end on 2019-09-04 00:01 UTC. Please send your actions by PM. (Note that the moderator might be asleep during this time, which can extend the Night by a few hours.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Day Three: Got a Light?
« Reply #329 on: September 03, 2019, 06:57:58 pm »

Tea. Whether it comes to relaxing the nerves or stimulating them, quenching your material or spiritual thirst, or even hiding your lying lips, there is no equal to tea. Greener than a summer meadow, carefully made with exact measurements and movements, this time flavoured with vanilla, the tea was simply perfect.

But something was still wrong. A certain tension in the ritual movements, a taste of copper in the air. The strangers had banished a sinner and exorcised an evil spirit. Was that not enough?

Whether or not they had, the host rekindled the fire and brought in a smoking kit, signaling that the most ritual parts of the ceremony were over and casual conversation had become permissible. Curiously, the host was the first to address the strangers with a puff of tobacco smoke:

”Did you purify yourselves yet?”

(Nobody has died.)

Day Three has begun.

Quote from: Votecount
Not voting: Naturegirl1999, Superdorf, Pooka, Persus13

Day Three ends on 2019-09-09 00:01 UTC.
Extension is available, requiring 2 votes.
Hammering becomes available on 2019-09-05 00:01 UTC, and will require 3 votes.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27