Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY  (Read 55737 times)

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
  • Deleting things since 2017
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Night One: First Meal
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2019, 11:00:12 am »

Wait. If what you're saying is true, then it's possible that Naturegirl has a Loud modifier, but the roleblocker didn't. For all you know, you could've been told that "you were visited" instead of "Naturegirl visited you."
Code: [Select]
> os.delete("real_life.py")

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2019, 11:00:40 am »

It is possible for a roleblocker to be of any alignment.

Players are generally not informed if they were visited or by whom.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2019, 11:04:27 am »

Gee, Bay12 had a quick reply all along.

Also Superdorf, if what you're saying is true and you were indeed roleblocked, that means the person who killed 4maskwolf is one out of NJW2000 or Persus13.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2019, 11:12:11 am »

...Explain your reasoning please?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2019, 11:13:15 am »

Everyone: Thoughts on a mass claim? We know Superdorf can't have done the NK if he's telling the truth. Nature claims to have protected Superdorf. Pooka's action is unclaimed, but I have reason to believe he didn't night kill last night.

Assuming everyone so far is telling the truth today, NJW had to have committed the night kill.

I was working on a post responding to some questions and reiterating that I didn't think an Ion lynch was the best bet, but day end happened before I could post it.

Persus: How does "mathematical thinking" mitigate a scumread?
It doesn't, but when I never had a scumread on NJW in the first place, it explains qualities I considered scummy about him. I specifically stated that I had null reads on most people, and NJW was one of those people.

Pooka's been playing well, he's clearly experienced, and has had some thoughtful analysis to read. However analysis is not alignment indicative and I'm slightly curious since he's stated suspicions of NJW without following up on it. I'd like to hear more specifically about his buddying accusation.
You don't actually give us a read here. Is your vote on Pooka a vote of condemnation or of curiosity?
If the former, how come you consider both Pooka and NJW scummy, when Pooka's throwing accusations at NJW?
Mainly curiosity. As for the second question, mafia members can and do scumhunt each other, and town people can exhibit qualities I find suspicious.

Naturegirl: Why did you choose to protect Superdorf?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2019, 11:23:52 am »

...Explain your reasoning please?

Do you mean for the post before you? Okay. Assume the following is true:
You were roleblocked, therefore you couldn't do the nightkill. Naturegirl's "protection" implies she's possibly Doctor, let's assume she is Town. I know I'm Town.

That leaves out NJW and Persus by process of elimination, and one of them killed 4maskwolf.

----
I want to point attention to Naturegirl mentioning that she "protected" Superdorf. How likely can it be that we got two doctors? It's something that doesn't seem to add up in my eyes...
----
Persus, what do you mean you have reason to believe I wasn't the one to pull off the nightkill?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2019, 11:24:52 am »

Everyone: Thoughts on a mass claim?
...You know what? We're in LyLo. I'm down for it.

I'm a Role Cop.

I tried to inspect NJW last night, 'cos he's fairly hard to read and at first I trusted him too much and then I didn't trust him at all and either way I wanted to settle the matter with some hard mechanical evidence. I got roleblocked.

Unfortunately, I've got the Odd-Night modifier, so I'm gonna be pretty useless tonight...  ::)

klonk
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2019, 11:27:23 am »

Persus, what do you mean you have reason to believe I wasn't the one to pull off the nightkill?
I gained information on your activities last night. Said information led me to believe you were not responsible.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2019, 11:30:08 am »

I gained information on your activities last night. Said information led me to believe you were not responsible.
Ah, decent. That means you were either tracker or watcher (I'm betting it's more likely tracker). Since you have said that much, can you disclose what I was doing last Night?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2019, 11:31:31 am »

Naturegirl: Why did you choose to protect Superdorf?
I feel like Superdorf is town, I’m thinking that if he were scum, he wouldn’t have posted nearly as much as he has been.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2019, 11:57:31 am »

Clarification to previous: as with all general rules, specific actions and modifiers may overrule it. Players know when they are roleblocked.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Day Two: Nature or Nurture?
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2019, 02:27:37 pm »

Mm-kay... so the roleblocking thing's all on the up-and-up, but there's some kind of unexplained ability behind that visitation notification I got. Either I have an automatic tracking ability I'm not aware of, or somebody has some kind of "Inform" ability that hasn't been claimed yet... not sure which. Probably that second thing.

We need more roleclaims people!

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2019, 02:28:52 pm »

Oh

Wait. If what you're saying is true, then it's possible that Naturegirl has a Loud modifier, but the roleblocker didn't. For all you know, you could've been told that "you were visited" instead of "Naturegirl visited you."
This is also a possibility. I missed this post before...  ::)

klonk
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2019, 02:33:55 pm »

Ah, decent. That means you were either tracker or watcher (I'm betting it's more likely tracker). Since you have said that much, can you disclose what I was doing last Night?
I was a Universal Backup, so I picked up Ion's tracker ability. As for what you did last night, you visited Superdorf. I was mainly holding that back because I think its pretty easy for everyone to guess what you are now.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Day Two: Nature or Nurture?
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2019, 02:35:40 pm »

...Pooka's the roleblocker?
Pooka? What gives?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27