Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)  (Read 12168 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2019, 11:39:44 am »

Looks like, maybe, three outback? There is a building closer that way, so I can't see to the road. They look like their coming towards the front.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2019, 11:54:14 am »

Quote from: anonymoushuman
Good, when the 3 zombies are away from the back, get out and head for the nearest building

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2019, 04:42:46 am »

You should see what the buildings are and if you can get to them from the hotel before you go out there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2019, 07:35:03 am »

It should be the gym back there? Guess this is a good time to start exercising. I think I can make it. What do I do once I get inside? I can't really contact you guys while running from zombies, so this would probably be a good time to dump anything I need to not die outside.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2019, 04:28:03 am »

Do you know if there's more than one a way out of the gym, and are there more buildings or any roads back there?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2019, 09:04:08 am »

Do you know if there's more than one a way out of the gym, and are there more buildings or any roads back there?

I'm to its back now and see a door, I don't know if its locked but it looks like it had windows too. There is a bunch more buildings and a road on the other side, a couple of restaurants it looks like from my GPS.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2019, 10:03:30 am »

Quote from: Meet_the_zombie_Soldier
Hey, quick question: how fast are the Zs? are they shambling around, doing a steady walk, etc? are there any running or sprinting? it’s important to know what your locale has.

-I have returned from the grave to give the living haircuts.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2019, 10:28:46 am »

Quote from: Meet_the_zombie_Soldier
Hey, quick question: how fast are the Zs? are they shambling around, doing a steady walk, etc? are there any running or sprinting? it’s important to know what your locale has.

-I have returned from the grave to give the living haircuts.

They look pretty slow. Mostly shambling around. A couple in the front didn't really move so IDK about those ones, but I could probably outrun the ones in back.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2019, 10:44:15 am »

Quote from: MTZS
Okay, good to know, but keep an eye open for any fast movers in the future. your life will depend on that knowledge.
Now, since you’re up against walkers/shamblers, there are three things you should do: One, never approach the upper half of a body without making sure it’s dead first. if the head is intact, club it in and you should be okayish there.

Two: Avoid making loud noises unless you intend to book it immediately afterwards. if you cant avoid that, assume you got a horde on the way out and look for routes that keep you off the ground level. I highly recommend you start learning how to parkour in your spare time if you have the energy and food.

Three: Do not confront more than one. if you’re outnumbered, it’s always better to run away. if you can’t, try to knock one of them down or away, then work quickly to kill the other before the first can start moving again.  god help you if there are three or more.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:05:32 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2019, 02:28:06 am »

You said you have GPS what all kind of stores and services can you see on it, because you'll want to avoid things like hospitals, malls, and any place that people would have fled to in mass. Also you'll want to look out for any gun, sporting goods, pawn, hardware, and any other stores that might have better items you can use as weapons than what you currently have.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2019, 06:39:53 am »

Quote from: anonymoushuman
You said you have GPS what all kind of stores and services can you see on it, because you'll want to avoid things like hospitals, malls, and any place that people would have fled to in mass. Also you'll want to look out for any gun, sporting goods, pawn, hardware, and any other stores that might have better items you can use as weapons than what you currently have.
+1 be careful, as someone could still be there. Be wary

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2019, 09:50:00 am »

Okay, good to know, but keep an eye open for any fast movers in the future. your life will depend on that knowledge.
Now, since you’re up against walkers/shamblers, there are three things you should do: One, never approach the upper half of a body without making sure it’s dead first. if the head is intact, club it in and you should be okayish there.

Two: Avoid making loud noises unless you intend to book it immediately afterwards. if you cant avoid that, assume you got a horde on the way out and look for routes that keep you off the ground level. I highly recommend you start learning how to parkour in your spare time if you have the energy and food.

Three: Do not confront more than one. if you’re outnumbered, it’s always better to run away. if you can’t, try to knock one of them down or away, then work quickly to kill the other before the first can start moving again.  god help you if there are three or more.

Got it. Keeping this in mind.

Looks like the closest weapons store is... the cop shop, 10 min walk away. Hardware store is 15 in the same direction. They both look pretty close, should I go or do police stations count as “somewhere people run to in mass”?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2019, 04:33:08 am »

You might want to avoid the police station just for the fact that it is one of the places people run to and the fact that some times hostile assholes gather in places like that because there are guns there.

If you can look at it from a distance you might be able to tell if its abandoned or not, but otherwise your best bet is to avoid it.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2019, 08:26:28 am »

You might want to avoid the police station just for the fact that it is one of the places people run to and the fact that some times hostile assholes gather in places like that because there are guns there.

If you can look at it from a distance you might be able to tell if its abandoned or not, but otherwise your best bet is to avoid it.
+1, but not just for the above reasons. police stations tend to be well secured, with most of the good stuff being secured in weapons lockers. not only that, but almost all of the weapons have logistical issues, AKA ammunition, and a fair number of them are loud enough to draw Zs for miles.
that’s ignoring the fact that the cops were the first responders. if theres any gear in there, it’s likely to be slim pickings or locked up tight enough to need a pair of bolt cutters at the least.

also, don’t forget to scavenge the gym for more solid weapons. A barbell with detachable weights leaves you with a nice solid metal pipe, which won’t splinter if you swing it too hard.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:28:30 am by Dustan Hache »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2019, 01:26:19 pm »

Alright. Here goes nothing! First steps into the new world!

Gym than hardware store! Here I go! Right now! Totally doing this!

...Just...need...to steel my nerves a bit.

Really going this time! I'll be back! TOTALLY NOT DYING

Subforum: General_Advice
Thread: Please Help! (Fresh_Meat_746) (5 min later)

Items:
1 Broom handle
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (97%)
1 phone charger
3 cartons OJ
3 cartons milk
Bedsheet/magazine armbands
Wallet (Key card, ID, $100)

I ran out to the front of the gym while the walkers walked past. Door was locked. Looks like someone put a bunch of heavy stuff in front of the doors too? Anyway, I think there are people in there. So I ran back inside the hotel to see if this like changes things.

But I did it! I made it outside without dying! Totally an accomplishment.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9