Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)  (Read 12135 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2019, 04:11:07 am »

Well sense the gym is barricaded what other buildings are nearby that you could go to, also have any zombies showed up behind the hotel after you went outside?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2019, 09:54:28 am »

Well sense the gym is barricaded what other buildings are nearby that you could go to, also have any zombies showed up behind the hotel after you went outside?

I was going to hit that hardware store after picking up a more solid zombie whacking stick, like you guys said. Path is still clear for now!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2019, 10:09:05 am »

Quote from: anonymoushuman
since the path is clear, why not get to the hardware store and get inside? There might be some useful stuff left there

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2019, 03:58:09 am »

since the path is clear, why not get to the hardware store and get inside? There might be some useful stuff left there
+1 Just be careful on the way there, as there might be some unseen zombies between you and the hardware store.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2019, 08:34:06 am »

+1 Just be careful on the way there, as there might be some unseen zombies between you and the hardware store.
+1 Walk as quietly as you can.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2019, 01:24:15 pm »

Alright! Skipping the gym, on to the hardware store! Here is hoping that it isn't also someone's new home! Especially if that someone is a zombie.

Subforum: General_Advice
Thread: Please Help! (Fresh_Meat_746) (20 min later)

Items:
1 Broom handle
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (95%)
1 phone charger
3 cartons OJ
3 cartons milk
Bedsheet/magazine armbands
Wallet (Key card, ID, $100)

Somehow I made it. The main road is covered with cars and icky stuff and zombies, so my phone updated a detour to avoid foot traffic. Handy! I would really really be dead for this thing. The side roads look pretty quite. I saw probably a dozen of them coming here, and mostly just hoofed it in the other direction while still trying to stay on the right path. Didn't see any non-dead non-undead people though. They probably didn't see me either?

It looks like a great-big-chain store here in town! It isn't on fire or looted or anything. Most of the screaming stopped during the night too, so its mostly just moans now. Doors are the slidy type, but I'll have to push them since the power is out here too. The inconveniences of living in life after civilization...

I don't see any zombies inside, and the place looks clean. So uh....what exactly am I looking for here at this home improvement store again?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2019, 01:46:50 pm »

Improvised weaponry/armor. Get inside and note everything you find. We can help you determine what can be used for weapons and armor. Being creative in item use is important

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2019, 04:09:05 pm »

Quote from: MTZS
What you are looking for are metal objects roughly 4-6 feet long(1-2 meters for you metric folk) and something like cloth or tape to act as a grip for them if they’re unsuitable for swinging barehanded.
ideally, you want to find Rebar or pre-made tools to use as your weapons, assuming they havent been looted already. other forms of long metal will work as well, though angle iron and similar objects might be tricky to use without extra work to improvise a handle.
basically, if it’s made of steel and you can swing it around, youll want to try and turn it into a weapon to replace your broom handle.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:11:03 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2019, 06:50:38 pm »

Quote from: notinfectedyet
A LOT of different places use to sell cell phone chargers and batteries also, cant hurt to look in the lines near checkout and any electronicy places.  The cell phone batteries are typically pre-charged so you can use them to keep in touch with the fine people here.

One thing though.  Never assume a large place with lots of blind spots like a store is safe.  Both zombies and humans can be hidden in such a place, just because you closed a main entrance door doesn't mean let your guard down.  Lost a good friend in a "cleared" supermarket.

If you need a place to gather materials to sort through and maybe rest up find a back room for employees like a break room or office as a base.  It will let you gather a lot of junk and sort through it.

Oh also, look for an aisle of safety supplies.  You can grab some leather work gloves and goggles for better protection.  Maybe they will even have boots and other gear you can wear to add that layer of bite resistant armor everyone needs.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 06:52:49 pm by VoidSlayer »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2019, 02:56:48 am »

Oh also, look for an aisle of safety supplies.  You can grab some leather work gloves and goggles for better protection.  Maybe they will even have boots and other gear you can wear to add that layer of bite resistant armor everyone needs.
[/quote]
+1 To this the only thing I can add to this is that you might also want to grab a construction helmet, it might not stop a bullet but it will lessen the effects of being hit in the head.

Also as for things I think you should grab, I say you should look out for a tool belt, then some simple tools, like a hammer, pliers, wire cutters, a small screwdriver set, a hack saw, some nails, and a pair of bolt cutters, these items should all fit in the tool belt.

The main thing I would avoid is any electric tools as they're dead weight sense the power went out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2019, 05:05:17 pm »

Improvised weaponry/armor. Get inside and note everything you find. We can help you determine what can be used for weapons and armor. Being creative in item use is important

It looks pretty well-stocked. We got...wood...nails...hammers...duct tape...screws...bolts? I think they're called bolts. I don't know home improvement stuff...drills, screw drivers, sawdust, headphones, power tools, weed-wackers, walky talkies, paint, floor polish, gardening supplies, fertilizer...

What you are looking for are metal objects roughly 4-6 feet long(1-2 meters for you metric folk) and something like cloth or tape to act as a grip for them if they’re unsuitable for swinging barehanded.
ideally, you want to find Rebar or pre-made tools to use as your weapons, assuming they havent been looted already. other forms of long metal will work as well, though angle iron and similar objects might be tricky to use without extra work to improvise a handle.
basically, if it’s made of steel and you can swing it around, youll want to try and turn it into a weapon to replace your broom handle.

Uh, we have sledge hammers and rebar it looks like? That stuff sounds pretty heavy. I'm not exactly used to swinging around 6 feet of metal. What should I pick up?

A LOT of different places use to sell cell phone chargers and batteries also, cant hurt to look in the lines near checkout and any electronicy places.  The cell phone batteries are typically pre-charged so you can use them to keep in touch with the fine people here.

One thing though.  Never assume a large place with lots of blind spots like a store is safe.  Both zombies and humans can be hidden in such a place, just because you closed a main entrance door doesn't mean let your guard down.  Lost a good friend in a "cleared" supermarket.

If you need a place to gather materials to sort through and maybe rest up find a back room for employees like a break room or office as a base.  It will let you gather a lot of junk and sort through it.

Gloves and goggles gotten! A new pair of boots too. All this armor is starting to get incredibly tacky, if there is any fashion-based gangs out there they'll probably make me public enemy number one.

I'm being as careful as I can, but that is mostly just me poking my head around corners instead of running through them. Is there any like trick to looting a place? I'm mostly just walking around like I was shopping.

Break room is in the back, but someone took all the coffee. It looks like the only thing anyone has looted so far. Weird.

+1 To this the only thing I can add to this is that you might also want to grab a construction helmet, it might not stop a bullet but it will lessen the effects of being hit in the head.

Also as for things I think you should grab, I say you should look out for a tool belt, then some simple tools, like a hammer, pliers, wire cutters, a small screwdriver set, a hack saw, some nails, and a pair of bolt cutters, these items should all fit in the tool belt.

The main thing I would avoid is any electric tools as they're dead weight sense the power went out.
[/quote]

With the addition of this bright yellow hardhat, I think those fashion gangs just upgraded me to "public enemy -1".

I hope that I'm joking and they arn't like reading this to hunt me down now.

Picking up the tool belt and trying to find all the listed items while waiting for replies.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2019, 05:12:24 pm »

Fashion gangs aren’t a thing. People are focused on survival, not fashion. You said there are gardening supplies? What types? Scythes? Sickles? Stakes? Sharp items are handy.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2019, 04:03:33 am »

Rebar in this case. if it’s longer than 5feet you’re better off skipping it. sledgehammers are useful, but a bit too slow to use as a weapon. don't forget to wrap the Rebar in tape or cloth to make a grip where you intend to hang on to it!

Even if you’re not used to it, you should be capable of swinging it fairly easily. you’d have to be exceptionally wimpy in order for a chunk of rebar to become problematic to swing, especially since they generally don't stock anything larger than 2 inches in diameter.

i’d also grab a walkie talkie if they’re one of those kinds with multiple frequencies. they can be noisy, but very useful for backup communication or even a bit of espionage.

also, fashion generally tends to be the last thing on anyones mind unless it’s a team of people trying to avoid hitting each-other by mistake. generally if things get that far, it tends to be raider gangs that make uniforms.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2019, 09:19:12 am »

Fashion gangs aren’t a thing. People are focused on survival, not fashion.
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.

As for a weapon I'd say you should get a 3/4 in. metal pipe that's at least 3 foot long, it'll be sturdier than some rebar.

Also you might want to grab some rope, there's bound to be some in the store.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2019, 10:31:17 am »

Yeah I have heard about some unusual cults out there among the sub threads.  Hopefully most of those are tall tales.

As for a weapon a war pick or war hammer or mace is often the best for someone untrained.

Get a light weight but sturdy metal pipe and duct tape something heavy on the end, something spiked on one side and flat on the other.  The weight at the end is important not the weight of the pole as long as it will not bend or break.  Make sure it is light weight enough to swing around without tiring yourself out. 

Then practice hitting some boxes off shelves as hard as you can.  Remember to follow through if you have played baseball or golf or something, you do not stop the swing at the head but keep going through it.  This will give you a good idea about how much you can swing it around before tiring out and some muscle memory practice so when the real thing happens you'll be... well you wont really be prepared but as best you can be.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9