Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Fishing Expanded  (Read 17283 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Fishing Expanded
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2019, 07:54:20 pm »

Sure I have the sprites. ^^ You too, just open data/art in my tileset and have a look at the workshop.png. ;)

Standalone display rack: Yes and no. It can't be furniture (those are hardcoded), but you can make it a workshop. 1x1 workshop with the tool as build-mat. Would even allow a unique sprite for each fish, in theory, if you use Roses building-subtype-change script. That's how I do my decorations. It would be the same as my decorative weapon/armorracks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 11:22:02 am »

You could just put the trophy tool on display pedestals too and set it as a museum zone. Dwarves will come by and admire it occasionally. Might not contribute to room value? Not sure on that...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 12:20:27 pm »

Which is the easiest option, but TWBT dislikes portraying several items on top of each other. If you put an item on a pedestal, the overrides won't work correctly.

Either way, adding 1 sprite for the tool is easy; while adding 200-whatever sprites for all the fish would be a lot of work, no matter if it's 200 materials, 200 tools or 200 custom workshops. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2019, 06:30:12 am »

Yeah. That would be a lot of workshops lol for now, I'll just leave it as the tool, but maybe come back to this after the fish are added.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2019, 12:28:29 pm »

I decided to add 10 more fish to the tropical biome bringing the total to 151:

Golden Mussel   Mussel   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_POOL_COAST   Common
Zebra Mussel   Mussel   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_POOL   Uncommon
Cherry Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_POOL   Common
Crystal Red Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_COAST   Uncommon
Crystal Black Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_COAST   Rare
Tiger Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_POOL   Uncommon
Bolt Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_POOL_COAST   Common
Bamboo Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE_POOL   Very Common
Ghost Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE   Rare
Vampire Shrimp   Crawfish   FE   TROP_RIVER_LAKE   Rare

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2019, 03:41:48 am »

Are most of the fish copy+paste, or do any have special somethings? Like venom/poison, etc?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2019, 04:12:18 am »

How's your haddock fish's value?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2019, 06:36:01 am »

How's your haddock fish's value?

I haven't started on any saltwater fish or worked on any value differences yet. After I get all of the fish in I can definitely work on value differences. Is Haddock a fish that you would like to see more valuable?

Are most of the fish copy+paste, or do any have special somethings? Like venom/poison, etc?

Yes, well kind of lol (I'll explain below), but I plan to add special/unique things after I get all of the fish added in. Are there any ideas you had specifically?

I set up this mod in a very unique way. Almost everything is added through creature variations applied to a creature template, but unique attributes can still be applied directly to the creature or by making new templates/variations. So most fish are different in at least some way. Some are very different.

Here is an example of a fish with a unique characteristic.

This is the entire Wels Catfish creature (as you can see it has a unique size):

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:fe_FISH_CATFISH_WELS]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:fe_FISH_TEMPLATE]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_GLOBAL]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_TEMP_RIVER_LAKE]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_MYTHIC]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_CATFISH]
[CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:900] this is an enormous fish at a possible 400lbs
[GO_TO_START]
[NAME:wels catfish:wels catfish:wels catfish]
[CASTE_NAME:wels catfish:wels catfish:wels catfish]

This translates to:

This is the entire Blue Crawfish creature (completely different than the Wels Catfish)

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:fe_FISH_CRAWFISH_BLUE]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:fe_LOBSTER_TEMPLATE]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_GLOBAL]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_TEMP_RIVER_LAKE_POOL]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_COMMON]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_CRAWFISH]
[GO_TO_START]
[NAME:blue crawfish:blue crawfish:blue crawfish]
[CASTE_NAME:blue crawfish:blue crawfish:blue crawfish]

This translates to:

edit: added Blue Crawfish translation for comparison
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:37:01 am by brolol.404 »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2019, 09:50:29 am »

do any have special somethings? Like venom/poison, etc?

I decided that I am going to add the following attacks to these freshwater fish (I assume it will work like bee stings):

Electric Eel: electric (pain/numbness/impaired function/paralysis/swelling/brusing/unconsciousness)
Stingray: sting (intense pain/brusing/swelling)
Piranha/Tigerfish/Payara: bite (pain/bruising/bleeding)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2019, 11:53:24 am »

Ok, thanks ☺️

I'm mostly asking because I've been wondering if it has gameplay impacts other than "more fishes".

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2019, 04:13:08 pm »

The plan is to eventually add certain  materials and material values to different fish and allow for certain reactions only for certain fish. Getting those reactions to work has been a bit of a struggle so far though lol

If you hve any ideas for any additional gameplay mechanics let me know :)

I decided to try to make a glass aquarium reaction out of raw glass. That way even in a sand less area, you can still bring/ trade for raw glass and make the aquariums easier
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 04:24:42 pm by brolol.404 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2019, 07:45:35 pm »

You could mod in a new inorganic for your custom glass aquariums and use TWBT to give it a special sprite: A fishbowl, instead of a glass box. ;)

I don't know much about RL fishing, but there seems to be a severe lack of the super-poisonous sea snakes that exist in real life; just like poisonous cat-fish, stone-fish, and other types of things you should avoid while diving (which is a topic I know^^).

Guess eating fugu, pufferfish, should come with some risks too. X% syndrome with paralysis?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2019, 05:38:32 am »

You could mod in a new inorganic for your custom glass aquariums and use TWBT to give it a special sprite: A fishbowl, instead of a glass box. ;)
This is a cool idea. I'm not familiar with using TWBT but I could even make a new "glass" material that allows different types of stone to be turned into "stone livewells".

I don't know much about RL fishing, but there seems to be a severe lack of the super-poisonous sea snakes that exist in real life; just like poisonous cat-fish, stone-fish, and other types of things you should avoid while diving (which is a topic I know^^).

Guess eating fugu, pufferfish, should come with some risks too. X% syndrome with paralysis?

These are cool ideas. I will definitely add sea snake, stone fish, pufferfish, lion fish, sea urchin, etc. When I get to the ocean biome. I'm not sure the poison material would carry over the the raw fish, but I will play around with it and see what I can do.

I did not know about poisonous catfish. I will look into them :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 05:42:27 am by brolol.404 »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2019, 06:12:30 am »

It has been busy lately but I am almost done adding the freshwater tropical fish. Once I finish adding them I plan to move onto the dolphins, sharks and whales (the only non-vermin aquatic creatures). And after that, the ocean fish and then possibly some cave fish.

When I get more time, I plan to record the fish caught each season for a year to log the type and amount of each. This will give a good view of the actual in game effect of this mod.

Edit: I am thinking about setting very small fish to catchable live only so that they can still be caught for aquariums, but wont be caught while fishing
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 07:36:25 am by brolol.404 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2019, 09:55:37 pm »

So... considering that Toady added crab, sponge, and oysters/mussels, will you do a list of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_invertebrates ? Or microvermin swarms of plankton? ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8