Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: You are a Nascent Minor Deity (SG)  (Read 8509 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Nascent Minor Deity (SG)
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 03:08:34 am »

F: Lets go to the SPITE REALM!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 06:29:27 am »

F is okay with me. I might point out that it's actually a sorrow realm that's been covered by spite. Surely that bespeaks a history to uncover.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 08:06:36 am »

F
I gots ta know!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2019, 08:47:29 am »

:|
Can we go to E instead please? It sounds to be a new place where we might actually be able to influence stuff.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 08:52:40 am »

:|
Can we go to E instead please? It sounds to be a new place where we might actually be able to influence stuff.
We are not here to influncestuff, we are here to discover!
F
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 02:52:43 pm »

Though you briefly consider searching the fifth realm for the sake of furthering your influence, you are given unto the urge to know more, and simply cannot leave the question of the sixth realm to lie. Indescribable loss, covered by a stalwart patchwork stitched by spite alone? It might not be the most efficient location but superficially, it's certainly the most interesting. When you've made your decision, the portal stops shimmering to reveal an expanse ash-choked skies and barren sand, featureless save for a handful of warped and fractured glass monoliths whose purpose even you can't begin to guess. Not hesitating for an instant, you step through, the portal seals behind you, and the next breath you take feels as if it were lined with charcoal. Were you not a god, you might've coughed but as it is, you're realizing that an indeterminate amount of time ago, this plane underwent a cataclysm of unimaginable proportions.

You take flight, and attempt to rise above the murky gray but find no end to it after a dozen hours of upward flight, yet descend beneath them in an instant. This is most curious, but compared to the enigmatic wastelands below you feel it would be a waste of time to pursue. Months of leisurely flight and contemplation are spent before you first catch sight of something else, and the sheer scale of it brings you to pause. A citadel of mortared stone stretching across the horizon, the glass structures from before are spread at even intervals along its outskirts, and it is clear to see that this once-proud city has been shattered for vast swathes its ruins are in rubble and many more are pulsing with a sort of hazy energy similar to your essence, but much less potent, and much less controlled.

To your slight surprise, you see that this shattered citadel isn't bereft of life, and staring with your piercing hawk's eyes, you detect almost a dozen bipedal figures venturing through the ruins. The bodies of each are shriveled and atrophied, malformed by malnutrition and exposure to the invisible haze clinging to some seemingly intact structures, and they are swaddled in thick hides and facial coverings. Not one of them goes without a crude spear or sling and cudgel in hand, though the foremost among them holds a faint crystal, and over its shoulder is slung a dented and beaten but unmistakably golden staff. Coming closer but taking care to remain unseen, you feel silent hate overflowing, and notice that each carries an empty satchel over their shoulder.

This is most curious...

What should you do?

A) Follow these strange creatures to their destination at a distance, taking care not to be noticed.
B) Appear before this motley rabble in all your humble glory, and demand their fervent worship in full!
C) Subtly read the minds of the weakest willed here, attempting to get a better handle on what's going on.
D) Appear before these wayward souls clad in a heavy cloak, and calmly ask them to explain their situation.

Spoiler:  Known Planes (click to show/hide)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 03:22:24 pm »

A. The 'sorrow' part appears obvious from the devastation, let's use due caution while investigating the 'pure spite.'

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 03:23:18 pm »

C or D

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 03:49:50 pm »

I suggest A+C, if possible.

Also, *pokes Detoxicated about the environment-building godgame thing that I liked*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 05:53:25 pm »

C
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 07:02:15 pm »

Briefly considering all that you've seen, you deduce that the most efficient method of satisfying your curiosity is to tap into the source itself, that being the minds of these strange, misshapen creatures.

Quote from:  Attempting to Enter the Minds of Insignificant Mortals
Rolling 1d100 against 3d4: 11 VS 6

Focusing for a moment, your physical form disperses and the whole of your mentality descends onto the dimmest minds among them. After so much time spent in the calm serenity of your realm, the complexity is staggering and the flashing images of brutality both real and imagined even moreso, but the simplicity of these thoughts is as far removed from your divine mind as an insect's from theirs, and you are undeterred. Recovering for an instant, you spend the next digging into the surface of their knowledge to satisfy your curiosity, and learning the common knowledge about their circumstances and this plane, you wonder whether it would be permissible to dig deeper. Of course, you're careful to cover your tracks and sloppy though your first expedition into telepathy may be, by the time you've left, they'll be none the wiser that you were ever here, save for a vague feeling that they've been watched.

Do you want to know all that can be known from their feeble psyches?

Yes The privacy of mortals means nothing to you, only the discovery of all there is to be found.
No Tempting though it may be, you don't want to force yourself upon those who have no choice.

Once you've finished your psychic exploration, you withdraw from their minds, rematerialize behind a chunk of rubble, and begin analysing all the information that you've discovered.

- This plane is known as Osterat in their language, meaning Forsaken. According to their myths, it was once home to a glorious empire that uncovered the mysteries of tapping into the arcane essence between the planes, which they used to elevate their society into a post-scarcity state and themselves into a race of flawless paragons. The specifics of what exactly occurred to destroy this empire are unknown, only that it involved a conflict with something called Dhiruer, also known as the Undoer, who took umbrage with their atheist tendencies and repeatedly refusing to deal with its dignitaries. Details of the conflict itself are no less vague, only that in the aftermath the magic and life-force alike was stripped from the plane, and the handful of survivors were devolved into physically weak and frail husks of their former selves, left with only enough sapience to recognize how far they'd fallen.
- Curiously, they refer to themselves as Osterat and have transitioned from disbelieving in the gods to blaspheming against them on a daily basis. Seeing that their plane has been stripped of any resources beyond what the handful of their ancestor's artifacts that were overlooked during the cataclysm and the bare, absolute minimum necessary to sustain an existence perpetually on the brink of starvation, their civilization has collapsed into a series of roaming bands, the majority of which have taken up raiding one another to survive, and a significant minority of which have resorted to cannibalism.
- This particular group is a scouting party from another, larger band intent on ambushing and looting the site of a campfire they'd seen previously. They aren't cannibals, but they're extremely desperate and if this raid proves successful, exceedingly unlikely to share any of their findings with the rest of their people. You find that the golden staff over the first one's shoulders once functioned to fling firebolts at its targets, but ran out of essence long ago and serves to bluff more than anything.

You feel that this is a bit more bleak than you'd already anticipated.

How do you want to react to this newfound information?

A) Reveal yourself in all your glory, and attempt to apologize for the actions of your distant... kin? colleague? counterpart?
B) Reveal yourself in all your glory, and promise to lead their people to their former prosperity in exchange for their worship.
C) Bring forth a miracle of discovery, to reveal that a benign divine presence is near and sees them in their hour of need. [Specify]
D) Find your way to the campsite they intend to ambush, to warn or manifest before whatever unlucky mortals happen to be there.
E) Find your way to this scouting party's band, and upon arriving, try to deduce a way to bring them to your worship.
F) Return to your Godly Realm, because you've seen more than enough of this place.

Spoiler:  Known Planes (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 07:15:59 pm »

No
We've learned enough. No need to get snoopish.

C
This is... a really hard mantle to work with, actually. I'm open to suggestions here, but how about...

...a well, deep and clear, filled to the brim with pure water licked by heatless flame across its surface. Such mortals as gaze into the well behold images of distant lands, and receive blessed guidance towards these lands should they choose to seek them out.

klonk
Sigtext

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2019, 07:34:14 pm »

Yes and E

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2019, 08:17:32 pm »

No
We've learned enough. No need to get snoopish.

C
This is... a really hard mantle to work with, actually. I'm open to suggestions here, but how about...

...a well, deep and clear, filled to the brim with pure water licked by heatless flame across its surface. Such mortals as gaze into the well behold images of distant lands, and receive blessed guidance towards these lands should they choose to seek them out.

+1 the opportunity for discovery is in keeping with our god. This is totally going to lead to other lands either being ravaged by these wastelanders, or these raiders themselves being destroyed by the defences of other lands.

But hey, experimentation is part of discovery too.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2019, 08:21:12 pm »

I'll be honest, I don't particularly care what we do, just so long as it's superficially helpful and at least somewhat discovery-themed. The main thing's to get this lot on our good side-- hopefully a stable water-source is something they'll find valuable.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11