- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106511 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1200 on: April 21, 2020, 06:56:58 pm »

Or a bath!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 22, 2020, 02:27:48 am »

Go find thing, become clean.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1202 on: April 23, 2020, 06:13:54 am »

We're itchy!  Poke around all the new rooms, and quickly, looking for a shower.

(OOC, rooms with the potential for spills seem most likely.  Not sure which that is.  From experience, emergency showers are often rusty stagnant water, but are going to be far cleaner than the oily muck we swam through.)

(I do suggest trying to burn off some of that food for magic to clean up if we can't find a shower.  Being dirty probably won't kill us, but it'd be more magic practice and I'm amused using awesome dragon magic just so we don't have dirty scales.  Plus I really think Ali and Eiwhyl will be angry if we become some kinda dirty sludge dragon.)
You decide to take a look around, exploring the newly accessible rooms.

The room labeled "Hyperdrive" is a simple room. The only features in it are a few consoles (currently inactive) and a monolithic pillar about twice your size, maybe smaller, its smooth black metal surface reflecting the few lights around it. Through an open maintenance hatch you can see thick power cables connected to that metal thing. You assume that big metal thing is the hyperdrive, the machine that lets the people of this world travel to other stars.

Hyperdrives are supposed to be very expensive, so if you got that thing out of here and to someone who'd be interested in buying it you could make tons of credits. You could probably disconnect it with an hours work. Dragging it down to the airlock you came in through would be much harder but maybe you could take that rope from outside and use that to lower it more smoothly. Then you'd have to find an elevator to the upper levels, since the tunnels you use to get to these levels would be hard to traverse while carrying it. Hmm. Maybe if you followed some of the humans that work on this level you'd find one.

You continue on and climb up to the room labeled "Engine Maintenance Access". This area's aesthetic is different. Instead of mostly smooth surfaces hiding things behind panels and hatches, the corridors here are full of pipes and wires, with lights occasionally sticking out of the mess. There's a small control room to the side. There's also a small droid, a short thing on four wheels. It's dangling from some sort of wall socket, a strand of wire connecting a hole in its center of mass to it. The droid looks severely damaged, its head lying on the floor some distance away. A twisty passage continues further back, presumably going even closer to the engines. You don't think you'll find what you're looking for here, so you turn around and go for another room.

As you slide down to the next pair of rooms, the hallway fills with the sound of metal squeaking and rotors buzzing, the noise escaping from some of the grates covering the floor and ceiling. The stale air of the ship begins to stir, somehow making the stench of this place even worse. Must be some sort of automated system that turned on in response to you activating the power. You hope the smell will improve as the air keeps circulating.

The "Fuel Bunkering" room is composed of a few catwalks, simple things with a grated floor and ceiling and a flimsy-looking railing. The catwalks are overlooking a labyrinth of pipes, most of them disappearing through small passages either towards the front of the ship or towards the engines. There are a few consoles spread around the corridors, probably meant for controlling the various pumps and other machines in the area. Some of the pipes have small transparent windows in them. By shining your flashlight in them, you can see small pools of a light brown fluid in them, which you assume is the fuel. Many of the pipes converge to a large pipe surrounded by a great machine.

You shine your flashlight through a window on the large pipe and try to see what's inside. Inside there's a slightly smaller pipe surrounded by motors meant to push it towards the wall, presumably through that hatch you saw on the outside of the ship. However, parts of the mechanism appear to have been melted or otherwise damaged. Lying down on the bottom of the pipe is a spacesuit, probably occupied by a corpse. It might have something interesting on it, you could try to find a way to get inside the large pipe, but it's not what you're looking for right now. You leave the room and get back to the hallway.

You jump on the opposite side, entering the room labeled "Inertial Compensator Control". It is a control room overlooking what looks very much like the water pumping station you occasionally encounter in the maintenance tunnels near your home, full of storage tanks and pipes (as well as other machines you don't recognize), giving you hope that you might find some water here. You get down from the control room, turn on your flashlight and start exploring the area.

It takes a while until you find what you were looking for. Some sort of storage container must have broken free of its restraints when the ship crashed and has struck one of the pipes, causing it to come loose, creating a tiny gap in its connection. But there's no pool of water below it, nothing dripping from the crack. Instead the break is surrounded by blobs of darkness, floating in the air as if they are weightless, very slowly moving under the effect of the gust of wind your landing caused. Each blob is surrounded by a halo of distorted light, as if each of them is incredibly hot, but... No, that's not it, it can't be heat. For one, if they were that hot, you'd be able to feel it. Instead the air is somewhat cold, same as everywhere else on this ship. Furthermore, distortions caused by heat are constantly shifting, moving upwards, following the movement of the air. But these distortions only depend on the blobs, on their shape and their proximity to other blobs.

This might not be water, you may have to try to go down towards the break room and hope you encounter a refresher before you encounter that horrible blind droid, but you don't really care that much about that. What you really care about right now is right here. This thing is wonderful. You don't care if it's valuable or not, you must have some of it, even if it is only for your pleasure, even if it ends up being just a beautiful decoration.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 23, 2020, 06:39:45 am »

I don't think we should mess with weird floating blobs who knows what they're made of, lets just go to the break room and try to find water in there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 23, 2020, 06:55:54 am »

I don't think we should mess with weird floating blobs who knows what they're made of, lets just go to the break room and try to find water in there.

Don't you dare try to resist our draconic nature. It's a shiny, so we must attempt to add it to the treasure pile.

I like the idea of trying to sell that hyperdrive, but we will need a better plan than just dragging a large and valuable machine around the tower. We need to figure out who we can sell it to. Maybe ask that bartender later. He seems like he knows things.

Approach the floating liquid very carefully. Poke our snout through the distorted air. If that's not painful. Poke the blob with the tip of our tongue.
If it doesn't seem super dangerous to touch, empty a water bottle and scoop some up.

After that, head to the break room to find a refresher. But be quiet about it. Maybe... toss something, or do something with a terminal, make a noise in a different part of the ship so that the droid goes that way and we can relax a little.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:58:39 am by Egan_BW »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 23, 2020, 07:20:18 am »

Don't you dare try to resist our draconic nature. It's a shiny, so we must attempt to add it to the treasure pile.
But what if its concentrated Space AIDS?

Also can't we stick a finger into the mystery blobs rather than out face?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 23, 2020, 07:24:07 am »

I like the idea of trying to sell that hyperdrive, but we will need a better plan than just dragging a large and valuable machine around the tower. We need to figure out who we can sell it to. Maybe ask that bartender later. He seems like he knows things.

Approach the floating liquid very carefully. Poke our snout through the distorted air. If that's not painful. Poke the blob with the tip of our tongue.
If it doesn't seem super dangerous to touch, empty a water bottle and scoop some up.

After that, head to the break room to find a refresher. But be quiet about it. Maybe... toss something, or do something with a terminal, make a noise in a different part of the ship so that the droid goes that way and we can relax a little.

+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 23, 2020, 07:28:21 am »

Also can't we stick a finger into the mystery blobs rather than out face?
No. Our snout is a lot more sensitive than our claws.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 23, 2020, 10:08:16 am »

Selling the hyperdrive does sound cool.  I think we could get it out cleanly if we can cobble together some kind of cart.

+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1209 on: April 26, 2020, 10:59:00 am »

For a moment you hesitate. What if this is dangerous? Maybe you should leave it- No. You can't leave it, you need to have it. You can barely resist just grabbing it as it is. In the end you decide to at least smell it first to see if there's anything else you can determine about it without touching it.

As you move your snout into the field of distortion you pause. This feeling... It's neither hot nor cold but it's still... something. It's causing your entire snout to tingle. It has no smell (or at least no smell you can discern) but it still feels like something is under your scales, running across and beneath your skin, tickling every part of your nose. Your breath is not disturbing the orb, the small movement of air probably not strong enough to affect it. Curious, you extend your tongue into the field and the effect spreads to it, the feeling somehow even more intense on the sensitive flesh, weird but not painful. The field has no taste though. Maybe because of that, maybe for some other reason, you end up extending your tongue further. The blob is reacting to you now, the distortions shuddering like water in a cup. You realize then there's something missing. You no longer feel the wind at the tip of your tongue. Later, when you will have time to think about what happened, you'll come to the conclusion that absence of feeling is much harder to detect than its sudden appearance. But right now you just look down and notice your tongue has entered the blob. It has no taste. It doesn't even feel like anything. There's no friction, no pressure, it's like it's not even there. A bit disconcerting but at least now you know it's not dangerous.

You pull your tongue in and reach to your pack to grab a water bottle, only to suddenly feel the tingling spreading down your throat. Though you can't feel it, a strand of the blob has become stuck on your tongue, drawing the rest of the thing in. You raise your hands to push it away but that just breaks the thing apart and spreads it all over the place, splattering it on your face. You try to spit it out but that doesn't work either. It keeps clinging to you, both inside and outside, like it's trying to get inside you. The tingling keeps spreading. You shake your head violently. That gets some of it away from you, but the one inside you is still there. You can feel it spreading to your guts, your veins, racing towards your heart. You don't know what to do. You need a way to solve this. You need help.

You feel the fire inside you stir. It consumes you to burn, spreading across your body. When the wave of fire crashes against the wave of darkness there's an eruption of pain. You black out.

You regain consciousness.

When you try to move the pain in your tail causes you to hiss. It hurts every time you try to move it. You open your eyes and look around. You're... on the ceiling. You're lying with your back against the ceiling. How did you get here? You're not stuck here. It's like someone took the ship and flipped it upside down while you were unconscious. Or like you're falling up instead of down now. Did the black blob do this to you? Is it some kind of substance that makes you fall up if you drink it? That would explain the various things stuck on ceilings you saw. If everyone in the ship drank this, they'd all be walking on the ceiling, so it would be normal to keep their furniture stuck there.

Status gained: tired
Status lost: satiated

You take a deep breath, prepare for a moment and then twist around and get on your feet. It hurts. A lot. You won't be able to move very quickly like this.You should probably use a medpack. The only mercy is that now you don't have to climb around everywhere since the floor is no longer inclined.

More lights have turned on while you were unconscious, allowing you to see even better, making the area look much cleaner, almost like you're somewhere else. You can see the black blobs still floating above you. You still feel the need to acquire more of them, though now this need is restrained somewhat by pain and memory.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 26, 2020, 11:09:12 am »

ouch

medpack.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 27, 2020, 08:47:18 am »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1213 on: April 27, 2020, 04:29:21 pm »

ouch

medpack.
You open up the medpack and take out the last remaining syringe. You lie on your back, stick the needle between two scales close to the base of your tail and press the button that releases the syringe's contents into your bloodstream. There's an immediate sense of relief as the intense pain dulls to a mild annoyance. The miraculous fluid is enough to stop the pain and repair any wounded flesh there might be, however actually healing the broken bone is beyond it. You need more expensive stuff for that.

Item Lost: half-used medpack

You can feel the broken pieces flopping about in a most unsettling way. You use the remaining regeneration bandages along with a piece of scrap and some plastoid tape to make a simple splint for it. It should be good enough as long as you don't push yourself too hard. At least, you think so, based on what Eiwhyl has told you. You should have her take a look at it when you get back to her clinic, just in case. Though she probably won't be happy you got hurt. Again.

Wait a second. There was a piece of scrap next to you. It wasn't falling up. You look around and find that loose container crumpled on the ground behind some pipes. So that means the ship really did turn upside down! It must have happened when you were unconscious. You must have fallen and hurt your tail when it happened. Too bad you were unconscious, you could had used your wings to land softly. But at least you didn't land on something worse, like your wings or your head.

Did the ship start moving on its own? Was it some attempt to position itself with the right side up?Is some droid or some automated system controlling it? Or is there someone here doing this? One thing is certain. Something is changing things ever since you turned the power on. First there were the lights, then there were the vents and after you woke up you found the machines in this room rumbling, more lights turned on and the ship upside down. You wonder what else might have changed in other rooms and what might happen in the future. Is the ship going to start flying on its own? (Can this old damaged thing even fly without tearing itself apart?) Or is it simply preparing itself, simply doing what it would normally do when the power is turned on? But if it's what always happens when the power is on, why didn't it happen when whoever modified that panel turned the power on?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 27, 2020, 05:57:16 pm »

Time to skedaddle, methinks. This place is shifting about a bit too fast for comfort.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83