- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106520 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1185 on: April 16, 2020, 05:20:20 pm »

Everyone wants conflicting things. Need some more votes to decide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 16, 2020, 05:23:31 pm »

Try to find a place to wash off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1187 on: April 19, 2020, 02:44:54 am »

I guess I'll go with this one.
Since there was someone living here, there has to be clean(er) water around somewhere.  Go do some more exploring.
I think we should go towards the generators, because if they were living in here they'd probably have tried to get power back on.
You reason that if anyone was living here, they would have tried to get the power back on, so that should be the first place you should look for any signs of life and supplies you can use. Even if you don't find anything of the sort, turning the power back on would make your exploration a lot easier. You'd have light instead of having to rely on your flashlight, doors would open automatically instead of you having to force them open, you could try using computer consoles for information...

Your start climbing up the hallway towards the back of the ship. Your claws give you a good enough grip to allow you to climb while the various seams, nooks, lights and grates you occasionally encounter give you places where you can rest and catch your breath (and scratch yourself). The few doors you encounter along the way are small things that remind you of the maintenance hatches that can be found in the tunnels near your home. They're all closed, all labeled only with a combination of a letter and a number.

It takes several minutes to reach an intersection. One side leads to a closed door that says "Inertial Compensator Control" while the other leads to an open door labeled "Fuel Bunkering". Hmm. You don't know what either of those mean. You know fuel is what engines burn but that's it. It's probably not what you're looking for right now, but it might be an interesting place to explore.

You keep going. The next intersection has signs for "Hyperdrive" and "Generator". Looking up, you see that the hallway keeps going for a while longer until it reaches another door. You can't make out the sign but it probably leads to the engines.

You climb up to the door that says "Generator". It's been left open. You walk through it and take a look around. It's a circular room, built around what looks like a transparent tube. The room extends both above and below your current location, with ladders leading to small platforms spread around the walls, most of them holding machines pointing towards the central tube or thick bundles of cables. The wide open space makes it easy for you to navigate, you can easily get from place to place with a flap of your wings, though it would probably be very dangerous for humans, a fall from here would be deadly. Then again, maybe falling wasn't a problem for them, since many of the platforms look like they're upside down, including the one you're standing on.

You're currently on the largest platform, this one being some sort of enclosed control room for the generator, full of consoles, gauges and switches. You notice that one of the control panels has been opened, its wires spilling out of it. Though at first it looks damaged, closer examination shows that whatever happened here is deliberate. Someone has rearranged the wiring and inserted more machines into the panel, making it so that it can't close properly, leaving its surface dangling from a bundle of wires. Checking the panel, you notice someone has scratched "THIS ONE" next to a lever. The label reads "Auxiliary Power".

So that must mean you were right. Someone did try to get the power back on. Might even be they succeeded and simply turned it off again to conserve power. Judging from the dust that has accumulated, they haven't been here in a while. Sniffing around reveals nothing but stale air, no trace of anything living.

You fly around for a while, exploring the platforms, but don't find anything interesting. You find a dented toolbox down at the bottom of the shaft, probably dropped by someone working here, some of the tools spilled around it broken from the fall. You also find a couple of broken droids, large ball-shaped things similar to the floating gardening droid you encountered in the past. They also look like they fell, their shells cracked and dented, their fluids, their wires and their internal components spilled all around them. No food or water though.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 19, 2020, 03:05:24 am »

Pull ye switch

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 19, 2020, 04:16:53 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 19, 2020, 08:24:06 am »

Pull ye switch
+1 Pull the lever!
shiuldnwe maybe try getting the wires back into the machine before turning it on?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 19, 2020, 08:39:09 am »

Pull ye switch
+1 Pull the lever!
shiuldnwe maybe try getting the wires back into the machine before turning it on?
I wouldn't mess with it sense we know nothing about electricity and we could possibly damage them, also the machine was described as being modified.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 20, 2020, 12:40:50 am »

Yeah this is now back into the thread of Dwarf Fortress.  Pulling random levels, hoping it does what we think it will.  -1, let's not play around with things we don't understand, much as I know we'd all really enjoy doing so.

Also we should bring a gun to deal with the droids in the future, since they're a level beyond what we seem capable of dealing with raw strength at this time.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 20, 2020, 02:00:21 am »

I'm still in favor of eating one and trying for laser breath.  Maybe with some magic active?  I mean, we don't really have the hands for gun-wielding, and guns are really only a temporary need.

If we're not pulling a lever, any suggestions for what to do?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1194 on: April 21, 2020, 10:31:28 am »

Pull ye switch
+1 Pull the lever!
The lever flips easily. The control panel lights up. Something in the bundle of wires sends a shower of sparks flying. There's a distant clang that echoes for a while. Then lights start lighting up, one after the other, illuminating the area. Not all of them turn on, only about one in 5, but it's still much better than before. You walk outside, into the long hallway, just in time to catch the last of the lights inside it lighting up. It's the same here, not all of the lights have turned on, creating islands of light between areas of darkness. Still, the light is enough to see clearly. The hallway feels so much smaller now that you can see the entire thing.

You turn off your flashlight, no longer needing it to see. On the other side of the hallway, you notice the control panel next to the door labeled "Hyperdrive" is lit with a green light. Looking up, the same is true for the door labeled "Engine Maintenance Access". You assume that other closed doors you've encountered can be opened now too.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 21, 2020, 11:27:30 am »

Ooh, hyperdrive! Let's go poke about the hyperdrive.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 21, 2020, 12:14:21 pm »

We're itchy!  Poke around all the new rooms, and quickly, looking for a shower.

(OOC, rooms with the potential for spills seem most likely.  Not sure which that is.  From experience, emergency showers are often rusty stagnant water, but are going to be far cleaner than the oily muck we swam through.)

(I do suggest trying to burn off some of that food for magic to clean up if we can't find a shower.  Being dirty probably won't kill us, but it'd be more magic practice and I'm amused using awesome dragon magic just so we don't have dirty scales.  Plus I really think Ali and Eiwhyl will be angry if we become some kinda dirty sludge dragon.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:16:21 pm by Devastator »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 21, 2020, 12:20:00 pm »

Mm, that'd be wise. +1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 21, 2020, 12:43:57 pm »

Mm, that'd be wise. +1
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 21, 2020, 06:33:47 pm »

Shower!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83