- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106526 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1170 on: April 10, 2020, 09:23:11 pm »

Anyway, I'm sorry for the dragon-logic there, but I am sincere about how we should challenge ourselves.  Anything worth accomplishing, anything worth doing is going to be challenging in some way.  Plus, as a dragon we won't develop properly if we don't go out and challenge ourselves.

It doesn't mean we need to be stupid or we have to do any one specific thing when faced with a challenge, but it does mean that we shouldn't quit anytime we come across a difficult or dangerous situation, it just means we need to come up with a way to defeat the challenge.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 11, 2020, 04:40:33 am »

Don't leave the shiny.  Take the datapad and use it to lead this thing to a pit or a shaft.  I bet falling will do bad things to it.
+1 Lets kick its ass into a pit!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1172 on: April 11, 2020, 04:59:45 pm »

You struggle to your feet and grab the datapad. You hear the sound of metal striking against metal, the sound of droid's footsteps getting closer. You force yourself to dash away. A moment later you hear the clatter of the droid punching through the grate. Hearing that only makes you want to run faster.
Item gained: Workshop Datapad (broken?)
"-sues with their programming. The only ex-"
"Pursuing." the droid states as it comes after you.
As you run you retrieve your flashlight from your pack, as running with only the dim light of the datapad is sure to lead to you tripping on something and falling. That would be a very stupid way to die.
"-caution the Captain has asked all combat models to be locked in-"
With the flashlight on you stuff the datapad in your pack, where it continues its disjointed narration.
"-Captain and me have a keycard to Droid-"
You run through the room, the droid somehow managing to keep up and follow in your footsteps despite occasionally stumbling on the debris and overturned shelves. You reach the half-open door and exit into the short hallway.
"-at least we'll be landing soon. End of message."
You jump across the gap, land on the other side and turn around to face the door. You'll hold your ground here. If you're lucky it will fall down on its own, but even if it doesn't, with a strong enough push you should be able to send the droid sliding down the hallway towards the Main Elevator. Even if that doesn't take it out of commission, it should at least buy you some time. You're hoping that its grip on the floor, while good, is not as good as the one granted to you by your claws and your wings.
"-strange is going on. The elevator is on lockdown and the bridge isn't-"
The droid's hand grips the doorway, forcing it to open the rest of the way with a terrible screech of complaining metal and mechanisms. It emerges and quickly moves towards you.
"-my keycard so he can try and lift the lockdown-"
It's about to step into the gap, but then it freezes and takes a step back. It stands there on the edge for a few moments, waiting. You stand on two legs too, ready to use your hands to defend yourself.
"-pulled a droid from storage and put in a brand new logic core-"
Suddenly it bends its legs and jumps towards you, its arm extending to punch you. But you are ready. You have the advantage. You simply move out of the way and punch it back and down, the punch on its hard metal torso making your joints hurt. It falls back onto the inclined floor of the hallway and starts sliding away, its arms flailing wildly. One of them manages to grab you. With a surprised growl, you find yourself hanging from the corner.
"-should keep me safe while I examine this device they-"
The droid is relentless. It starts using you like a ladder, climbing you to get up. The damn thing is heavy. You lift your leg and kick it on the head. It stumbles for a moment but keeps going. You change targets and go for its hand instead. One hit. Its grip is loosened. Another hit. It finally falls. It desperately tries to grab something but flips and tumbles before it can do so. You hear it sliding and clonking on things long after it disappears from view, the sounds echoing down the hallway. With the droid temporarily dealt with, you get up on solid footing and take a minute to catch your breath.
"Hey, wait, what are you-"
"Engaging." comes a new voice from the datapad. It's heavily distorted but sounds awfully similar to the droid you just faced.
"You piece of trash! No! Stand do-Argh!"
There's a series of fwooshing and screeching sounds interspersed with sounds of struggle that eventually die down. The datapad falls silent and doesn't speak again.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 11, 2020, 07:11:26 pm »

Victory dance.  Then look at that datapad.  If it doesn't do anything, put it in our pack and head back to where we found that robot for more looting.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 12:55:00 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 12, 2020, 05:01:39 am »

Victory dance.  Then look at that datapad.  If it doesn't do anything, put it in our pack and head back to where we found that robot for more looting.
+1

Could we take the datacard out of the broken datapad and put it in our not broken one?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1175 on: April 12, 2020, 07:03:13 am »

You take the datapad out of your pack and take a look at it. The screen is still a mosaic of cyan squares, nothing you can understand. You don't know if it's broken or if the creature that owned it preferred it this way. You twist it around, looking at it from all sides. It's older, bulkier. It's cracked in places, maybe from the impact, maybe from old age, maybe because its previous owner didn't take good care of it. But overall its design is familiar. You press the button that is supposed to turn off the screen and it indeed turns off. Hmm. You put it back in your pack.

You get back to the Workshop and begin gathering all the tools on the workbench and putting them in your pack. At least all the ones you can remove from it. Some are attached to the workbench by tubes or cables, probably requiring power or the computer console attached to the workbench to operate. Hmm. Maybe you could find a power cell in storage and connect it to the workbench? Or maybe you could turn the power on if you got to the generator.

You look inside your pack and check out the various tools you've gathered. Most of them you recognize or can deduce the purpose of. There's the thing-for-unscrewing, the thing-for-grabbing, the really-hot-stick-you-shouldn't-touch, the heavy-thing-that-hits-things-but-not-for-fun, the sharp-cutty-thing, the pointy-thing, the measuring-stick...

Item gained: various tools

Could we take the datacard out of the broken datapad and put it in our not broken one?
You see something that looks somewhat like a datacard port, but it's much larger than the one on your datapad. You press the eject button and sure enough what comes out is a gigantic, bulky thing that looks nothing like the datacards you're used to. Are those things... holes? Are you supposed to put gears in there? How weird. You put it back in and check around for a data transfer port. There is something that looks like a data transfer port. Way larger than the one on your datapad but with a similar arrangement. Maybe if you look around you'll find some sort of adapter for it? Or maybe you could try making some sort of adapter using the materials here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 12, 2020, 07:45:51 am »

Well so much for transferring the data to out non broken one.

Now that the bots gone lets look through the pile of electronics it was hiding in.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 13, 2020, 10:52:02 am »

Now that the bots gone lets look through the pile of electronics it was hiding in.
+1
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1178 on: April 14, 2020, 11:45:26 am »

You dive through the pile of electronics, looking for anything that isn't crushed or broken and might hold some value. Amongst the various wires, broken circuit boards and strange components you find two objects that stand out.

The first is some sort of tool. It looks very similar to the tools you took from the workbench, so you assume it fell from it and rolled here. You're not sure what it's supposed to be used for, but pressing both of the buttons on it at the same time causes the tip to emit a burst of sparks and heat for about a second, hot enough to half-melt a small hole on the floor. That could be very useful but also very dangerous. You don't know how much charge its power cell holds before it needs to recharge, so you should use it sparingly.

Item gained: Hot-burst stick (unknown power cell charge)

The second catches your attention because of how weird it looks. At first you mistake it for a clump of useless scrap and wires but just as you're about to toss it away, you notice there's something deliberate about the way it's made. The wires are carefully tied together to hold the materials in place, hugging, connecting and protecting a combination of electronics. You can make out a small power cell and a speaker but not much else. You press the small button on the back of the ovoid device and three metal spikes emerge from its front while a quiet warbling starts playing from its speaker. Your release the button, the spikes retract and the noise stops. It's weird. It's so different compared to all the other machines you've encountered. The machines you're used to are mostly ordered, full of squares and circles, right angles and curved edges. This one reminds you more of the diagrams of internal organs you saw in that medical book Eiwhyl gave you. It's as if someone turned such an organ into a machine. Or maybe a weapon.

Item gained: Organic-looking stabby device

There's also various shiny pieces of intact electronics in here. You don't know what most of them do or if they're useful or valuable, but they're shiny, so that's gotta count for something, right?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 15, 2020, 07:02:32 am »

Lets look trough the shiny things while we're here and see if any of them are useful or valuable.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 15, 2020, 09:29:58 am »

Take one or two anyway even if they're not.  Otherwise, well, we can sleep here if we need to stay a night.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1181 on: April 15, 2020, 12:24:52 pm »

A map to give you an idea of what you know about. Not to scale. The droid fell towards the Main Elevator.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The reason the droid fell is because the ship is tilted, somewhat like this:
Spoiler: Tilted Map (click to show/hide)
Right click/long press and view image if you want the full resolution.

Lets look trough the shiny things while we're here and see if any of them are useful or valuable.
You have no idea if any of them are valuable. Your knowledge of electronics extends to knowing how to change a device's power cells (and sometimes not even that). Eiwhyl has some knowledge of electronics but you've been focusing on getting her to teach you medicine and basic things you should know, she hasn't spent any time teaching you how machines work and what they are made of.

Take one or two anyway even if they're not.  Otherwise, well, we can sleep here if we need to stay a night.
You pocket some of the shiny things, because why not? If they turn out to not be valuable you can just use them as decorations for your room.

Item gained: Shiny Electronics

You haven't been here too long, the trip down and your exploration so far has taken you about half the hours left in the day. Still, you can choose to try to rest here if you want to be certain you'll be at full strength when you continue your exploration. As you contemplate your actions, you realise you've started to become somewhat hungry, so you open one of the food packs you've prepared and consume its contents.

Item lost: 1 food pack
Status gained: satiated

You finish your meal and toss the empty container into the pile of electronics. Then you spend several seconds scratching yourself against any corner you can find. Ugh. This is annoying. Your scales feel so itchy. You hope it's not because of that dirty water you swam in.

Status gained: scale itch

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 15, 2020, 12:38:36 pm »

Since there was someone living here, there has to be clean(er) water around somewhere.  Go do some more exploring.

If we can't find any water, I think we could try some burning self to get the inner flame for cleanliness.  It might be a bit of a waste of food, but more practice with it would be good.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:18:06 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 15, 2020, 12:42:39 pm »

Since there was someone living here, there has to be clean(er) water around somewhere.  Go do some more exploring.
further exploration looks like it means following the bot without falling and hopefully not get found by it as we look for more rooms

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 16, 2020, 04:00:41 am »

I think we should go towards the generators, because if they were living in here they'd probably have tried to get power back on.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 83