- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106605 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1095 on: March 16, 2020, 05:36:52 am »

Ahh, glorious booze.

Well, lets get that day off.  I'm sure if we eat something it'll make the hangover go away.

That said, just sack out a few hours of drinking, and lets get organized for our exploration trip later

We'd better not ask our magic to take away a hangover.  It might take away our ability to enjoy booze properly too.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1096 on: March 18, 2020, 09:32:09 pm »

"I am sorry, I don't think I can work today."
"It's fine. Take the day off. I'll handle things here. In fact, you can have the whole week. It always gets empty near the end of the year."
Year? That's what comes after month, isn't it? You haven't had much reason to use that word, but you know people measure their age in years.
"They've probably already started preparing for the festival. You can go have fun with that, since you missed the previous one."
"Festival?"
"New year's festival. People use the changing of the year as an excuse for a large party. There's food, drink, parades, music, decorations, might even get to see some fireworks if the fog clears. Officially it's the week after New year's but most people start the celebration early."
That sounds interesting. New year is in a little more than 2 weeks. Maybe watching the celebration would be fun. You could even participate... Though right now you don't feel like celebrating at all. You thank Eiwhyl, get something to eat and make your way back to bed, where you cover yourself with your blanket and wish for the world to go away.

Status lost: hungover

Eiwhyl was right. During the weeks you were working double shift the streets have started to change. The most obvious change is the multicolored lights that have started appearing everywhere, hanging in lines of wire, forming shapes on windows, even on cars and on the strange hats on the heads of some creatures. Music has started popping up, mostly from portable speakers, though one time you encountered a group of children of various species going around singing while holding colorful lights and noise-making machines. You can also feel a change in the general mood of the population. People are anticipating the festival, getting ready for it, even if they're not consciously choosing to do so.

On your trip outside you are stopped by a red-skin humanoid. She hands you a piece of paper and begins talking to you about "corrupt politicians", "corporate interests", "gang connections" and the "need for change". From what you understand she's part of a group called "Children of Harmony" that want to ask those in power, a group called "City Authority" to change rules to help the poor people living here instead of those in power. Most people seem to ignore her. You don't know what to make of her. If they already hold all the power, why would they listen to her? They wouldn't, not unless she forces them to. Still, you keep the pamphlet so you can read it later. Knowing about those more powerful than you is always useful.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

If you're going to explore the ship, then let me know what kind of preparations you want to make. If not, then let me know what you do want to do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 18, 2020, 10:06:08 pm »

Hmm. Take a fog grenade out to the maintenance tunnels where people won't bother us, and carefully manipulate it. We should try to have some familiarity with how grenades work before we try using them, but having a few in our pack while exploring new places could get us out of tight spots.

If we think we know how to use them, I say we put a stun along with a thrower-machine in our pack for visiting the ship. Gives us a good exit strategy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 18, 2020, 10:18:21 pm »

We should also stock up on food and water

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 18, 2020, 11:14:19 pm »

Bring food, water, and a medpack.  If we can figure out how grenades work, bring a stun grenade and a fog grenade.  Also, our blanket if it isn't too heavy.  Might be cold down there.

Also, eat our guns to see if we get anything from it.  We can't use them, so shouldn't have them around, and we might get something good from eating them.

We should also be sure to be really clean before we go there to make sure nobody smells us.

It'd be lovely to have some fire, but unless we're going to start eating random people, I don't see a good way of getting it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 19, 2020, 07:21:00 am »

Hmm. Take a fog grenade out to the maintenance tunnels where people won't bother us, and carefully manipulate it. We should try to have some familiarity with how grenades work before we try using them, but having a few in our pack while exploring new places could get us out of tight spots.

If we think we know how to use them, I say we put a stun along with a thrower-machine in our pack for visiting the ship. Gives us a good exit strategy.

+1

I don't think we should eat the guns as it seems like a bad idea, and I don't think we can actually get anything from them if we do eat them as I don't think our body's made to be able to digest guns.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 19, 2020, 09:08:18 am »

+1

I don't think we should eat the guns as it seems like a bad idea, and I don't think we can actually get anything from them if we do eat them as I don't think our body's made to be able to digest guns.
+1
Also didn't we tell Eiwhyl we'd keep her informed about our experiments? If we do plan to eat the guns (which I am against), then we should tell her first.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 19, 2020, 09:09:41 am »

+1

+1
Also didn't we tell Eiwhyl we'd keep her informed about our experiments? If we do plan to eat the guns (which I am against), then we should tell her first.
i am also against eating the gin. Why do people keep suggesting we eat metsl?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 19, 2020, 09:24:36 am »

i am also against eating the gin. Why do people keep suggesting we eat metsl?
The think eating the gun might give us access to a breath weapon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 19, 2020, 11:28:55 am »

Specifically, Devastator thinks that.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 19, 2020, 12:04:21 pm »

Specifically, Devastator thinks that.
i don’t understand Def;s logic, by this logic, eating soap gives 8s the ability to clean things, it doesn’t make sense

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 19, 2020, 02:13:39 pm »

Mostly because we've already eaten metal with no issues.  So why not?  We've ate more than we could ever possibly consume before, and the people we've eaten have had metal implants in them.  And we can try this while having proper supervision.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:20:27 pm by Devastator »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1107 on: March 23, 2020, 08:58:29 pm »

You have decided. Today shall be the day that you explore that strange spaceship. But to do so, you need to be as well-prepared as you can be. After making sure you have everything you need, you set out to the maintenance tunnels, from where you'll make your way to the lower levels.

Item lost: 10 credits
Item gained: 2 food rations, 2 water bottles
Inventory rearranged

You take some time to rest and investigate one of those grenades you've been carrying. You look at them in conjunction with the grenade-thrower mine. If you can figure out how the grenade-thrower works, then you can figure out how the grenades work too... you hope. You find a light source, place the grenade thrower on the floor upside-down and stare at it. It's a dull dark colour, something that could be easily mistaken for a shadow by someone who's not paying attention. It has strange circular domes below it, they're somewhat flexible. Between then there are small curved spikes that kinda remind you of smaller versions of your claws, they also appear somewhat flexible. The middle is uncovered, showing you black cables and wiry mechanisms. You pick it up, flip it around and place it down on the floor so you can stare at it from the top. The top is smooth, save for a few tiny protrusions of slightly different colour. The middle is uncovered on this side too, showing you more of that mechanism. It's like a hoop with a small disk at the bottom, meant to hold the spherical grenade in place. But it's wrong. It's too small. You couldn't get a grenade to fit in there. Maybe if you pulled the hoop up a bit... yes, there it is. Now the grenade can fit in properly... but when you pulled up the hoop it also brought out another thing, like a small spoon. If there was a grenade there that spoon would be covering its top, concealing it. Does it also... you place a grenade next to the machine. You think it might be meant to push one of the buttons, but you're not sure. Maybe it's the big button? It must be. Ok, so say you have a grenade in there. Now that thing is supposed to throw it somehow. Does it just... You wave your hand in front of it. Nothing. You poke it. Nothing. You poke it harder. It slides backwards a bit. Hmm. Maybe there's a switch you missed, something that turns it on? After spending several seconds exploring its surface with your hands, you finally manage to find something that looks like a button, a place where the machine's surface is softer. You can't really tell much about it other than it exists, your scales deprive you of some of your touch sensitivity, so all you can do is hope that it's a button and not something that will cause the machine to break. You place the machine back down, step back as far as you can and extend your arm. You push the button and quickly retract your arm. There's a whirr, barely audible, quickly increasing in pitch. You get ready to dodge. And then the noise stops. You wait. Nothing happens. Did you break it? You take a tentative step- *GTHUNK* You quickly jump away when the machine suprises you with a burst of movement. It happened too quickly to understand what it was. But now the spoon has retracted and there's a small disk above the hoop. Probably the thing meant to launch the grenade? You try to lift the machine to take a closer look at it but find that it is stuck to the floor. That's strange. Is its bottom sticky, like plastoid tape? It didn't feel sticky when you touched it. You place your head close to the ground so you can see below it and try to figure out what's going on. Pulling it up, you see the spikes lift just fine, but those flexible domes remain attached to the floor. How does it do that? You carefully insert a claw between the floor and the dome in an attempt to pry it away, but the moment your claw manages to push its way in the dome detaches from the floor. You don't understand. That thing can sometimes stick to the floor and sometimes not? Only as long as all of it touches the ground maybe? How strange.

After experimenting for some time you've finally figured out how the grenade-trap works. You put the grenade in it, push it against a surface so that it sticks and push the button. Then it sticks even harder and prepares to throw the grenade. While it's preparing you can move around as much as you want. But once it's set up it will "understand" if you get close to it or try to move it. The only way to approach it safely is to move very very slowly. Then you might have a chance to disable it.

You've also inferred some things about the grenades themselves. They're activated by pressing the big button. As long as the big button is pressed, they won't explode. Once it's released, it'll explode a while later. Those smaller buttons probably control how quickly it explodes after you release the big button or might even be used to disarm it once the big button is pushed or maybe it's for locking it so that it doesn't explode accidentally. You can't really find out more unless you try using one and you don't want to waste it or risk it exploding in your face.

You finally reach the maintenance level. It's as foggy and hot as you remembered. No festive lights down here, people and droids still going about their business as if nothing has changed.

You make your way to the edge of the dead zone that exists around the Ship, that quiet, empty area where no man or droid approaches, where no machine or building exists. You can't see the ship at the moment, but you remember where it was. You remember the lights near the back, near the engines. Maybe starting your investigation there would be a good idea? If you're lucky, you'll find an open door there.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 23, 2020, 09:28:39 pm »

I think we should check the top and bottom first, less likely to run into someone.  Is there a way we can climb up, or fly up a bit?

Start by flicking on the flashlight for a moment to confirm that the spaceship is still there and unguarded.  We can then hide in the dark for say, ten minutes to see if something comes out after us.  If nothing comes, we can go forward again.

I suggest starting with the top, and then the back and the bottom.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 24, 2020, 06:45:56 am »

I think we should check the top and bottom first, less likely to run into someone.  Is there a way we can climb up, or fly up a bit?

Start by flicking on the flashlight for a moment to confirm that the spaceship is still there and unguarded.  We can then hide in the dark for say, ten minutes to see if something comes out after us.  If nothing comes, we can go forward again.

I suggest starting with the top, and then the back and the bottom.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 83