- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106627 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1080 on: March 07, 2020, 02:26:39 pm »

Okay, that sounds important then.  I know we can take some food and drink, but not sure if we get days off.

Do we get days off?

I'm not that worried about resting.  When we aren't being brutal, we're surprisingly stealthy, and we have really keen senses.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 03:10:15 pm by Devastator »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 07, 2020, 02:32:30 pm »

Oh now that I think of it... be sure at some point to spend some quality time with Eiwhyl in general. We've a dragon-juice bottle to crack open, after all!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 07, 2020, 03:18:07 pm »

Let Eiwhyl know when she wakes what we learned last night-- most importantly, that we don't need the fire of other creatures to spark our own. She'll like that.
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 07, 2020, 03:34:42 pm »

Oh now that I think of it... be sure at some point to spend some quality time with Eiwhyl in general. We've a dragon-juice bottle to crack open, after all!
+1

Let Eiwhyl know when she wakes what we learned last night-- most importantly, that we don't need the fire of other creatures to spark our own. She'll like that.
+1
i think we still burn ourself though, I should reread the update, maybe I missed something

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 07, 2020, 03:42:00 pm »

We do, but that's just it: we burn ourself. We can draw off our own reserves; sucking the souls of our enemies appears to be a mere supplement to our existing abilities-- not a necessity.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 07, 2020, 03:45:11 pm »

We do, but that's just it: we burn ourself. We can draw off our own reserves; sucking the souls of our enemies appears to be a mere supplement to our existing abilities-- not a necessity.
oh, so we can still eat normal food and use our energy, then?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 07, 2020, 03:52:38 pm »

As described in our list of magical abilities:

Burn Self: Gain a level in hunger or tiredness and in exchange gain a level of Inner Fire.

It seems those hot drinks we like don't provide anything in the way of actual soul fire (and really, why would they?): rather, they temporarily suspend the Tired and Exhausted debuffs so that we can perform "Burn Self" and not feel the effects right away. We could probably achieve something similar by gorging ourself first.

klonk
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1087 on: March 07, 2020, 03:53:49 pm »

Do we get days off?
She's probably going to ask why, but you don't see why not. It's not like you have to be there all the time. After all, Eiwhyl managed fine before you started working for her or when you were recovering and unable to help her. Well, not exactly fine, she was more tired (and more cranky) than usual, it's hard being responsible for the lives of others for the entire day every day and manning the front desk to sell medicine on top of that, but you're certain she can manage one more day without you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 07, 2020, 04:08:07 pm »

Yow.

Mostly wondering if this place had the concept of the weekend.

I mean, even if it did, it's possible nobody told Draggy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1089 on: March 07, 2020, 04:42:15 pm »

What's a weekend?

But seriously, no, if there is such a thing as weekend you've yet to encounter it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 07, 2020, 08:19:39 pm »

As for trying again to use magic, I think maybe we should wait a week or two between attempt.  Next time try to be full of normal food and do it again.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 08, 2020, 11:05:21 am »

Lets just ask for a day off and see what she says.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1092 on: March 15, 2020, 06:11:27 am »

As you are waiting for your food to warm up, Eiwhyl walks in. You approach her and rub your head on her side. You're used to her not petting you back most of the time, but this time she seems downright annoyed.
"Oh, what, feeling guilty for blowing me off yesterday?"
Ah. Yes. That. In your exhaustion you forgot all about that.
"Sorry."
She continues on her way, as if she hadn't heard you.
"I was very tired." you continue explaining while following her.
She pours herself a glass of water and continues paying no attention to you.
"I managed to use magic."
Eiwhyl chokes, spits out the water and begins coughing.
"You what?"
"I managed to generate inner fire by burning myself. Like you said I did when I flew back here."
"Why would you do that?"
"Because Ali said killing is bad. I wanted to see how easy it would be to use magic without killing."
That gives her pause.
"Oh."
For a few seconds it looks like she's uncertain about what emotion she should have. She eventually settles on anger.
"That still doesn't make it okay. Next time at least tell me before you go and do something like that."
It's your turn to stay silent. The silence is broken by the beeping of the food-warming machine letting you know that its work is done. It's not that you don't know what you want to say, it's more that you don't know what the best way to say it is, the way that will get her to be less angry.
"You would had said no."
"I would had told you to stay here!" she responds, somehow even more annoyed than before.
"Not everything can be found here."
"I can-"
"And here are valuable things, things I care about. I don't want to hurt you if I make a mistake."
She has nothing to say in response to that.
"And... how did it go?" she asks after a few seconds of silence.
"I couldn't control it. It hurt a lot."
"Of course it did, you dummy."
"I thought maybe I could use the heat from hot drinks, convert it into my fire."
She snorts and smiles, as if you tried to do something everyone else knows is stupid. It's your turn to be annoyed.
"You're the one that said you don't know how this works! Trying-"
"Alright, alright! You're right." she says, showing you her palms in an appeasing gesture, though it takes a few more seconds for her smile to fade. You swish your tail to show your annoyance and look away.
"Look..."
"Where?"
"No. 'Look.' It's a figure of speech."
"Oh. What does it mean?"
"It means 'Listen'."
"That's weird. Why not just say 'Listen' then?"
"Because..."
She spends a second looking for an answer but then waves her hand dismissively.
"Loo- Listen. I understand why you did what you did. You had the right idea, even if you didn't go about it in the best way possible. I only ask that you let me know before you try something like that again. I can't do my job if you don't tell me everything. Do you understand?"
"Yes."
"Good."
A few seconds of awkward silence follow. Thankfully, after a while the food-warming machine beeps once again to remind you of the food waiting inside it, giving you an excuse to walk away. You go back to preparing your food (a habit you've picked up since you started living here) and Eiwhyl goes back to her work.

As you work, you continue thinking about what you should do. Hmm... You'll have time to focus on the future another day. You decide that today you should focus on the present instead. On Eiwhyl. She's always working hard, hardly ever rests. And she's been working even harder for you, despite the fact that she has no obligation to do so. You should help her rest. A few days of rest will do her good. You can take care of most things until then, only bother her with things you can't figure out on your own.

It took some convincing to get Eiwhyl to give you another shift. It didn't take long to figure out why. On the first day she kept following you around, double checking everything you did. It got annoying very quickly. On the second day she went through two datapads and had to force herself to stop for fear of running out of reading material. On the third day she reorganized the entire storage room. You had to relearn where everything is. On the fourth day you managed to convince her to go outside and actually stay there for a while, instead of the short supply runs she makes from time to time. You don't know what she did out there but after she got back she actually went to sleep until the next morning, which was a relief. You were starting to think she was incapable of relaxing.

This proved a successful tactic, the next few days she went on several short shopping trips, the trips and her fussing over her new purchases being enough to keep her busy. But then she must have run out of things to purchase, so it was back to trying to find things to do. You know she didn't run out of credits, you've caught glimpses of how many she keeps in that vaultbox of hers whenever she needs to pay for new medical equipment. You suggested she should buy a holovision but she says she doesn't like watching it (what madness!). You suggested she should go visit Ali and play with her, that's always enjoyable for you, but she refused again (though not with the same passion she refused the holovision, you might be able to make her go with a bit more convincing).

In the end, you have to admit that she wants... well, it's not exactly that she wants to work all the time, you think it's more that she needs something to occupy herself with and there's only certain things she's willing (or able) to do. Sitting around doing nothing seems maddening for her. You don't understand but you can relate. You've felt the overpowering urge to do something too, when you were trapped in Ali's apartment, though probably for different reasons.

Whatever the cause, just having more free time does not necessarily equate to more rest for her. Until you can think of something else, you're probably better off just letting her work like she did and only give her occasional brakes when she looks like she needs it. You wonder why she even let you do that in the first place, if she knew it was going to make her feel like that. Hmm. Or maybe she didn't?

One night you wake up to find Ali's scent in the examination area. When you ask her about it Eiwhyl lets you know her father brought her in for a check-up that afternoon. That's frustrating. You wish she'd woken you up. It's not like you don't see Ali often, but she's never gotten to see you working. You feel robbed of the pride you'd have felt showing off what you can do to her. And maybe her parents would like you better if they saw you working here.

Eiwhyl said Ali's doing fine, perfectly healthy, though she notes she could use a bit more variety in her food. The two of them talked when they were alone in the examination room, Eiwhyl let her know you're doing fine as well. You ask if she said anything to her father about you but Eiwhyl responds that it's not her place to do so. Hmph. Maybe it should be.

On your last day of working two shifts Eiwhyl surprises you by bringing out the bottle of Dragonjuice. It's been a slow day today, the clinic is almost empty, which is probably why she's willing to do so with you. The two of you lie down on the floor of her room, your backs resting on her bed. The drink is... nice. It's not hot, but it has a wonderful taste, enough to mask the tingling sensation it gives you as it goes down your throat. Eiwhyl appears to be enjoying it as well, though she's not drinking as quickly as you are.

You remember singing songs together in a language you don't know. Some sort of game where you ask questions and sing and drink, though you don't remember the details. You remember colors. Beautiful colors, all around. Burning brightly inside Eiwhyl. Inside you. Feeling like flying. Like gravity has gone crazy. Then you fall and it ends.

You wake up. The pain makes you wish you hadn't. Why must your head hurt so much? You must have drunk more. This can't be all from a single bottle, can it? Every little noise makes it worse. The light too. You feel like you should just crawl in a dark quiet corner and stay there.

What's worse, you get the feeling Eiwhyl's taking pleasure in your misery and the fact that she appears to not be feeling the same pain. When you ask her how that's possible, she says "It's a secret." while smiling. Ugh. So annoying. You bet she has some sort of wonder-medicine that will remove the pain and she's keeping it from you. But when you ask for something for the pain, she refuses, saying "you should experience your first time in full" and "it's a learning experience" and "just drink a lot of water, you'll be fine". You're not sure if she's being serious or if she's having fun at your expense.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that you finally managed to sleep on Eiwhyl's bed, though you aren't sure if it's because she was unwilling to move you after you passed out or because she was unable to.

Item gained: 100 credits
Status gained: hungover

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 15, 2020, 01:39:42 pm »

Tell Eiwhyl that we know how to make this go away with magic! Ask if we should.

klonk
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 15, 2020, 02:11:59 pm »

Ahh, glorious booze.

Well, lets get that day off.  I'm sure if we eat something it'll make the hangover go away.

That said, just sack out a few hours of drinking, and lets get organized for our exploration trip later

We'd better not ask our magic to take away a hangover.  It might take away our ability to enjoy booze properly too.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:28:11 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 83