- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106680 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1035 on: March 02, 2020, 06:13:02 pm »

"Yes. The killer will not kill again."
"I see."
He stays silent for a few seconds, seemingly focused on operating the machine in front of him. The silence is filled by the clatter of cutlery and the buzz of conversation.
"You did a good thing. Thank you."
Hmph. At least he thinks it was a good thing. He should tell that to Ali.

Fame increased
Notoriety increased

When he's done preparing your drink he goes back to serving customers, occasionally arranging glasses and mugs when he's not busy. You, meanwhile, enjoy your hot drink. You drink it in one go and feel its warmth spread pleasantly from your stomach. You feel your heartrate quicken as the hot drink begins affecting your body. Eiwhyl said that's normal. That this is a stimulant, something that sharpens the senses, enhances reflexes, helps people wake up and focus. But still, there could be something there, something more. You try to feel your inner fire in that warmth. It's... If there's something there, some change, it's too weak to tell. Hmm... You know! You just need to order more hot drinks! ... For science, of course, not because they're super good or anything.

Status gained: Energized

A while later the bartender once again stops in front of you and you ask for another hot drink.
"Are you sure friend? These things can be bad for your stomach. Last time-"
"I can take it." you cut him off before he can bring up that embarrassing incident. Besides, your stomach is not nearly as full as it was last time.
"Heh. If you say so."

Item Lost: 20 credits

With that he starts preparing your hot drink.
"You know, I saw another one of your kind around here. You might be getting some competition."
'Your kind'? Another dragon?! Here?! You need to-
"You saw another of my species?" you ask with barely contained excitement.
"Where? Who?"
They could show you, tell you! So many questions!
"Oh, I'm sorry friend, you misunderstood. I meant another bounty hunter." he says, his face showing a mix of kindness and embarrassment.
Oh... So it wasn't that after all. That's... You try to keep your disappointment from showing.
"Are you-"
"What bounty hunter?" you cut him off with a question of your own, more so that you don't have to explain yourself than out of curiosity.
"Oh, just some Tiss'shar hotshot. Called herself Neh-Rah-Sha."
"Tiss'shar?"
"Lizard people. Not many of their kind in this tower. She looked kinda like you but less bulky, thinner face, thinner scales, green with red stripes on her face, kinda fidgety."
Hmm. They probably also lack wings, since you're pretty sure he doesn't know about yours. Still, it would be interesting to see how much they really look like you.
"She lives here?"
"Nah, she just came here from the lower levels for some job. I was curious, so I asked some of my friends down there. They say she showed up about 6 months ago and started taking on jobs. Mostly monster extermination down there."
The bartender finishes his preparations and places your hot drink in front of you.
"They say she's pretty good. Probably came up here for better pay."
So bounty hunters kill monsters for payment? That sounds like something you could do! ... Though Eiwhyl probably wouldn't like that.
"But it's different here than on the lower levels. Different kind of monsters up here. The kind that walk amongst people."
You pick up the mug and sniff it, taking the time to enjoy the bitter scent almost burning your nostrils.
"Yes. They do. But not all of them."
He shrugs.
"You probably know best."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 02, 2020, 08:09:03 pm »

Guess we could get some more information on bounty hunters in general, at the risk of look looking like one. But it's hard to look like a bounty hunter without knowing anything about them! Argh!

Well, now we're Energized, let's try a Burn Self for one level of energy and see if that puts us normal without any harm. If so, and if Inner Fire levels don't go away over time, we could return here a few times and build up our reserves.
I'm sure that powering magic using a stimulant is perfectly fine.
We will also see if Burn Self has any outwardly visible effects by doing it here. :P

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 02, 2020, 08:15:06 pm »

Well, now we're Energized, let's try a Burn Self for one level of energy and see if that puts us normal without any harm. If so, and if Inner Fire levels don't go away over time, we could return here a few times and build up our reserves.
We will also see if Burn Self has any outwardly visible effects by doing it here. :P

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 02, 2020, 09:06:40 pm »

+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 02, 2020, 09:58:31 pm »

Agreed.  I don't think we should do this regularly, like full time, but it's an experiment worth attempting.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 03, 2020, 04:36:39 am »

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 03, 2020, 07:47:43 am »

((who said 1+1=10 and 1+1=potato? Also why the math question in the polls? Why not a more difficult math question such as 2a+4b+c=54, where a=2b, and c=4a-1, and c=8b-1?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 03, 2020, 07:52:52 am »

(I was originally going to say potato but changed my mind and put 2, I think those answers are there for laughs.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 03, 2020, 07:57:15 am »

((Ah, makes sense. Still want to try my made up math problem? It has answers and can be solved))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 03, 2020, 08:06:49 am »

(I suck at math it'd take me forever to figure it out, so I'll pass.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1045 on: March 03, 2020, 08:26:30 am »

Unfortunately, once a poll is closed, it may never be reopened. So instead of closing the poll, I just switch it to something else that I find mildly amusing and tangentially related to whatever is going on (in this case Ali's studying). As for why these specific choices:

1+1=11 -> simple combination logic. Also acceptable answer: correct if on base 1 (aka unary numeral system, aka tally marks)
1+1=10 -> correct if on base 2 (aka binary aka the computer joke answer)
1+1=2 -> normal boring "correct" answer
1+1=3 -> orwellian reference answer (2+2=5, There are 5 lights, etc.)
1+1=potato -> The "who cares"/"rebel"/"lolrandom" answer

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 03, 2020, 12:08:35 pm »

Alas, it would seem I am normal and boring.  :P

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 03, 2020, 12:09:32 pm »

Alas, it would seem I am normal and boring.  :P
Sme here, I used normal math too

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 03, 2020, 12:54:10 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1

As of the poll, I went with 1+1=10 because I am a nerd, but a boring one.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 03, 2020, 01:03:20 pm »

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand tertiary, those who don't, and those who were expecting a binary joke.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83