- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106810 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #885 on: January 25, 2020, 06:07:12 am »

This guy is hiding.  Can't see him, can't hear him move, (but might not be moving), but can smell him.  He is here.

This is a sneaky guy.  Killing by befriending the victim.  Killing silently a long way from home.  Killing in a way that is strange and bad and wrong.  This is a guy who is the opposite of what a dragon is, and everything he does, everything he knows is different from what a dragon can do.  He doesn't know our kind of fighting.  That means there should be a chance.

Jump to the top of the statue in the middle of this room, so all sides are equadistant to your perch.

Shut your eyes, concentrate on your ears, and roar.  Loudly.  Really loudly.  Wherever the echos are funny, that's where he is.

And then smash.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 25, 2020, 08:54:58 am »

This guy is hiding.  Can't see him, can't hear him move, (but might not be moving), but can smell him.  He is here.

This is a sneaky guy.  Killing by befriending the victim.  Killing silently a long way from home.  Killing in a way that is strange and bad and wrong.  This is a guy who is the opposite of what a dragon is, and everything he does, everything he knows is different from what a dragon can do.  He doesn't know our kind of fighting.  That means there should be a chance.

Jump to the top of the statue in the middle of this room, so all sides are equadistant to your perch.

Shut your eyes, concentrate on your ears, and roar.  Loudly.  Really loudly.  Wherever the echos are funny, that's where he is.

And then smash.

+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 25, 2020, 11:04:23 am »

Personally, I think the safest thing to do is to just run.  Or walk away slowly, playing the card that this guy, whoever he is, is extremely interested in draggy to the max.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 25, 2020, 01:35:08 pm »

Personally, I think the safest thing to do is to just run.  Or walk away slowly, playing the card that this guy, whoever he is, is extremely interested in draggy to the max.
+1

Running in blind was the stupidest thing we could have done.  We give up too many of our advantages, now playing on the turf of another who is a complete unknown to us. 

Heck, we could even be on camera for all of this.  What happens then?  I don't like the fact our notoriety is rising quickly.  We need to be more careful, cautious.  We now have a voice to go along with the killer's scent, so let's leave it at that, and cut out losses.  We can ambush him out on the street, or shoot him from a distance.  But let's not be reckless and suicidal.

The man will not be in his apartment forever, and when he leaves, then we strike.  Away from cameras, on terrain where we can have the advantages.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 25, 2020, 01:53:05 pm »

To be fair, since this guy can be invisible and all-but undetectable, this guy could have just left his apartment without us ever knowing, and sitting around waiting for him to show up could just mean we're the one who gets ambushed.  IE, we think we're doing fine, and then the next minute we're drugged and in a cage in a facility somewhere.

By being agressive, we forced the guy to reveal that he can turn invisible, which is very good for us to know about.

If we leave we need to go further away than just outside his apartment.  I think if we do that, we're dead.. he'll just put an invisible camera on us, get some fancy weapon out, and either kill us or capture us.

I also think that if we do get taken, he's more likely to go for the capture rather than the kill, so.. it might be better if it happens here, than if it happens back home where he'll take out one of our friends at the same time.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 25, 2020, 01:56:35 pm »

Also, that's not a +1.  I'm voting for action, I just think that retreat is viable, too, even if it doesn't get my vote.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #891 on: January 26, 2020, 08:08:21 am »

And then smash.

You feel the urge to respond, but manage to hold yourself back. You may not know what he is or how he fights, but you know enough to know his words can't be trusted, that his words don't lead to anything good, only death. He is a predator without honour, that ambushes with words, deception and trickery. Instead you jump away, giving yourself a boost with a flap of your wings. You don't know where he is. He could be anywhere... except for the center of the room. On top of that sculpture.

If you go there, you'll be out of range of his melee strikes (or at least a human's melee strikes) and if he chose to use blasters to attack from range instead... you could use your wings to block a blaster shot or two. It would be very painful and you'd lose use of your wings, greatly reducing your speed, but at least you'd still be alive. And you'll know where is. From here you can have an overview of the entire area, ready to pounce at him the moment you locate him, the moment he makes a mistake and reveals himself.

You land on top of the sculpture at the center of the room, the slippery and fragile glass making for a difficult landing point. Some of the structures poking out of it break simply from you landing on them, falling to the ground behind you and breaking into thousands of tiny fragments, their jagged edges poking your scales without penetrating then. You have to dig your claws into it to steady yourself, forming more cracks, even breaking some of the bridges in the process.
"Ouch. I really liked that one." the voice says, though it doesn't sound very sad about it.
You have no words for him. Instead you roar as loudly as you can, both a challenge for him to face you and a threat to intimidate him, a display of strength to shake him, hopefully forcing him to make a mistake.
There's no response, just the sound of your roar echoing back from the walls of the large chamber, some part of your mind noticing how different it sounds compared to other places you're familiar with. You also remember how sound changes depending on where you are, how even in total darkness you can tell if a room is large or small, open or enclosed, simply due to the way sound echoes within it. You can tell that this area is large but completely enclosed, no ways leading in or out as far as you can tell. If only you had more practice with this or more refined hearing, maybe you could use it to gain an even better understanding of what's around you? As it stands, you can gain nothing more from it.

You wait and listen carefully nonetheless, watching for any sign that could tell you were he is. You can't use his speech, he somehow makes it come from many places, like it's coming from everywhere in this place (some sort of machine's doing?) but if he makes any noise while moving around... Then suddenly a *click*. You turn your head and tense up. There! A distortion in the entrance hallway, like the air above a hot pipe. You hesitate for a moment, unsure of whether to attack or dodge. But a moment later the distortion starts fading away, so you attack.

You pounce, the force of the jump sending more glass fragments flying behind you. You can't see him, but you make a guess, angling your limbs to attack as wide an area as you can. When the time feels right, you swing... but your claws hit nothing but air. Instead, it's your tail that strikes against something, a tingling sensation spreading from the impact point. With the corner of your eye, you catch a glimpse of distortions intensifying around the impact point, swirling up into a blue light and then a hole in space, a ring of blue distortions and through it clothing, human clothing. Your other eye notices a small machine on the floor that wasn't there before unfolding, releasing a small sphere, flinging it towards the ceiling. It all happens too quickly for you to do anything. You can only watch as it flies upwards, reaches eye-level and then explodes. You lose consciousness.

A strange insectoid predator, hiding in cracks and dark places. Traps. Poison. A lair that is a trap, a pretty place built to kill. Keeping the victim alive but trapped and unable to fight, feeding on it while it's still alive. "Spider" the dream tells you in an unfamiliar language.

You wake up what feels like a moment later. You slowly get up on unsteady legs. Even with your eyes closed, the explosion was enough to blind you from one eye and leave your ears incapable of hearing anything but ringing.

Gained status: dazed, deafened, half-blind

Still, it wasn't all for nothing. You know more now. He hides himself, somehow. He sets traps. This one was meant to maim and disable, though you can't discount the possibility that he may have others meant to kill. The only positive is that he can't set those traps without at least partially revealing himself. Whatever he's doing to hide himself, it is sensitive to movement. It might be able to hide his movement pretty well, but other movement happening near it confuses it.
"Impressive. That was close. Did you come here alone? With your skills, I wouldn't blame you for feeling confident."
You can somehow still hear his voice, weakened but audible, despite all other sound being being replaced by a constant buzz. He sounds... he's straining somewhat, but he's still confident. You think the explosion hurt him as well. Or maybe it was the strike from your tail.

You scan the area with your one good eye. Nothing has changed. The ground on the other side of the table is full of glass shards, that's about it. They're not dangerous, their pointy ends shouldn't be able to penetrate your scales if you step on them. You can't see him. Hiding again. Or maybe setting up another trap.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 26, 2020, 10:35:41 am »

Well that went poorly, we just jumped on a flashbang.

Lets get near a corner and start throwing the glass statues all around us, if we get lucky we'll hit him, if not we have a debris field he'll have to cross to get to us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 26, 2020, 11:31:30 am »

Lets get near a corner and start throwing the glass statues all around us, if we get lucky we'll hit him, if not we have a debris field he'll have to cross to get to us.
+1 Even better if we can throw up a cloud of those glass shards we can check large areas for him at once.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 26, 2020, 11:34:12 am »

+1 Even if we don’t hit him with the statues, creating more glsss shards will assist in finding him

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 26, 2020, 01:41:34 pm »

I think it's time to retreat.  That flashbang was by the entrance hallway, so we can get out.  Should back up down the hallway, hit the elevator at the back, and go down.  Wings outspread to keep the guy from getting behind us.

Check if we drew any blood while retreating.  I'd dearly love to get this guy's taste before leaving, if possible, but it's time to retreat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 26, 2020, 02:07:43 pm »

If we retreat, he'll just be ready for us next time.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 26, 2020, 02:29:02 pm »

Yeah, but I think it'll make a difference because we got a shot in on him, which will probably cause him to be more cautious, which gives us some time.  I was worried he'd just ambush us like tomorrow before, but with this way, we might buy a week or so, which should be enough time to get a new trick of our own, eat our weapons, etc.

If we are fighting, smashing glass all over is probably a pretty good plan, because it'll restrict his movements more than ours.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:30:56 pm by Devastator »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 26, 2020, 07:09:10 pm »

Regardless of what we do:

"Not... alone."

Psychological warfare!   :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:55:38 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 26, 2020, 08:06:12 pm »

Regardless of what we do:

"Not... alone."

Psychological warfare!   :D
If we do this, he could start searching for our friends. I rather him think we don’t have anyone to turn to, lest he threaten them
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 83