- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106838 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #870 on: January 22, 2020, 09:04:05 pm »

It might be trying to look.  Maybe we should eat it's head.

Or.. we could act as if we were a dumb vermin creature.  Lets stay dead quiet, eat one of the edible-smelling things, and then try to make calling the elevator look like an accident.. ie, poking the button out of curiosity, backing away when the elevator arrives, scurrying into it, and then waiting for the door to close.  Once out of sight, we can move the elevator to the top floor, and try to smell on each floor down until we find where the killer lives.  Smell on a floor, go down a floor, repeat.

+1 to everything except eating the things that smell edible. It is very unlikely that food is stored here, and we are not hungry

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 22, 2020, 09:06:06 pm »

"Not hungry" is a long way from "Not happy to eat stuff."

Besides, dumb vermin eat stuff.

Not sure about if to put the grate back again or not.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 22, 2020, 09:07:51 pm »

"Not hungry" is a long way from "Not happy to eat stuff."

Besides, dumb vermin eat stuff.

Not sure about if to put the grate back again or not.
We needn’t risk poisoning ourselves. “Accidentally” calling the elevator is likely sufficient

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 22, 2020, 09:08:59 pm »

We're a dragon.  It might well be poison put out for vermin, but I very much doubt it'll kill us.  Might make us stronger against it, though.

The droid might also be some kinda trap, triggered upon touching the food.  Or it could be a camera.  Maybe we should knock it over so it can't see us before doing anything.

Mmm, I suppose you're right.  They have the big garbage monsters, after all, and although I'd still very much expect them to lowball Draggy, they had to know he was able to lift the really heavy grate.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:00:41 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 23, 2020, 05:43:53 am »

Or.. we could act as if we were a dumb vermin creature.  Lets stay dead quiet, eat one of the edible-smelling things, and then try to make calling the elevator look like an accident.. ie, poking the button out of curiosity, backing away when the elevator arrives, scurrying into it, and then waiting for the door to close.  Once out of sight, we can move the elevator to the top floor, and try to smell on each floor down until we find where the killer lives.  Smell on a floor, go down a floor, repeat.

+1 to everything except eating the things that smell edible. It is very unlikely that food is stored here, and we are not hungry
+1 Just eat the stuff, it'll probably make us stronger.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 23, 2020, 08:32:17 am »

+1 Just eat the stuff, it'll probably make us stronger.
Work it Make it Do it Makes us Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. More than Hour Our, Never Ever After Work is Over

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #876 on: January 24, 2020, 02:35:31 am »

Or.. we could act as if we were a dumb vermin creature.  Lets stay dead quiet, grab one of the edible-smelling things, and then try to make calling the elevator look like an accident.. ie, poking the button out of curiosity, backing away when the elevator arrives, scurrying into it, and then waiting for the door to close.  Once out of sight, we can move the elevator to the top floor, and try to smell on each floor down until we find where the killer lives.  Smell on a floor, go down a floor, repeat.

You decide to play it cool and pretend the droid isn't there, just in case it's actually alive and watching you. You take a circuitous route to the elevator (pausing partway to snack on some of the edible things (they don't taste that well)) and have your tail casually brush against the button, giving it a poke. The red light indicating the elevator is moving lights up and you do your best to act surprised. You spend some time idly sniffing around the elevator, confirming the human male guard was there. It takes longer than you expected for the elevator to arrive, about twice as long as you thought it would take, but eventually there's a *thunk* and then the doors slide open.

You creep forward. The scent of the Killer is fresh. Too fresh. He was in the elevator not too long ago. You glance up at the buttons and are immediately disappointed. There's a keycard reader there. This won't work either. But you try anyway, pressing the top button. The button lights up and the doors slide closed. The elevator shudders and begins to move upwards.

You suddenly feel claustrophobic. There's nowhere to run. There's danger close, another predator, his capabilities unknown. You're in his lair, unknown territory. If he attacks, you have no choice except facing him. You tense up, your body coiled like a spring, ready to dodge, to pounce, to run, to fight. You stare at the door, all your senses focused on it. The elevator comes to a stop. This is it.

The doors start sliding open. Through the crack you see... nothing. The doors come to a stop, revealing an empty hallway, dark and narrow but with a high, arched ceiling. Small alcoves to the left and to the right hold glass objects with a flowing, bulbous, abstract shape, similar to the ones in the waiting area, only these ones are illuminated by lights behind and below them. They bend the light that passes through them to form flowing shapes in the walls and ceiling. Then you notice there are sounds. Constant sounds. Soft, melodical, rhythmless. Music. Up ahead, at the end of the hallway, you see an enormous circular table, most of it taken up by a great glass thing. The glass object is perfectly circular like the table and full of straight lines rising towards the ceiling, some of them interconnected by semi-circles. It reminds you of the way the towers of the city rise out of the clouds. It's lit by a light placed underneath it, making it look like it glows.

His scent is overwhelming here and yet you can't tell where he is exactly. You know the elevator doors will close if you stay still too long but you can't be too cautious. You wait a moment longer. No movement. Nothing. Nothing but the soft music, your quick breathing and your anxious heartbeat. Eventually you take a careful step forward. And then another. And another. As you advance, you can see more of the room at the end of the hallway, a large open area by the look of things. There's a second floor overlooking that area, a circular balcony clinging to the walls of the tower. You see no stairs leading up there, so you assume they're somewhere to the left or right of the hallway you're in. Through the tower's semi-transparent walls you can catch glimpses of the outside, though the glass is darkened to the point where it's hard to make out specific shapes. Instead you see the amorphous reflection of the glowing glass object reflected on the walls. Smaller shapes too, shapes that you assume are other lights or sculptures.

You hear the elevator doors close behind you. You consider leaving your pack here, in this hallway, before venturing on. If he's waiting for you in that room, then it's probably best to get in there ready for a fight and with every possible advantage. You could try to get in there and talk to him instead, but... you have a bad feeling about this.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 24, 2020, 03:30:25 am »

you have a bad feeling about this.

welp

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 24, 2020, 04:00:43 am »

Well... we could go forwards, but with the elevator working, something is up.

I wonder if he can fly.

Drop our pack as quietly as we can.

Then..  charge.

If the guy is on the lower level, we smash into him, and hit him into the glass wall as hard as we can.  Hopefully through the glass wall.

If the guy isn't on the lower level, leap up to the upper-level balcony and keep moving until we pin the killer down.

If we miss the first charge, leap and fly up to the second level so we can take another run.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:07:52 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 24, 2020, 07:04:08 am »

I wonder if he can fly.

Then..  charge.

If the guy is on the lower level, we smash into him, and hit him into the glass wall as hard as we can.  Hopefully through the glass wall.

If the guy isn't on the lower level, leap up to the upper-level balcony and keep moving until we pin the killer down.

If we miss the first charge, leap and fly up to the second level so we can take another run.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 24, 2020, 09:07:57 am »

I wonder if he can fly.

Then..  charge.

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 24, 2020, 10:47:28 am »

I'm not against talking, per se, but I was under the impression that we have no intiontion of allowing this killer to live.

As such, I think it's best to try as hard as possible, and hopefully at least establish tactical surprise.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 24, 2020, 11:18:49 am »

I'm not against talking, per se, but I was under the impression that we have no intiontion of allowing this killer to live.

As such, I think it's best to try as hard as possible, and hopefully at least establish tactical surprise.
Agreed

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #883 on: January 25, 2020, 03:00:40 am »

I wonder if he can fly.

Then..  charge.

You very slowly and quietly remove your pack and lower it to the ground, not an easy thing to do but something you've become capable of thanks to your constant practice and improvement of your fine motor skills. You then adopt a ready stance, facing the end of the hallway. You take a few deep breaths while mentally rehearsing your next moves. When you feel you're as prepared as you can be, you charge forward, moving quickly without making too much noise.

The moment you emerge from the hallway you turn right, scanning the area, looking for your target. Seeing nobody, you jump up, giving yourself a boost with a flap of your wings. You grab the second floor railing with your front legs and, seeing nobody in front of you, jump backwards and to the left. You twist around a sculpture hanging from the ceiling and land on the area above the hallway you were on. Nobody here either. You twist around, ready to dodge. Nothing. Then where? This doesn't make sense. He's here... somewhere.

You look around. You're in some sort of kitchen/bar area, with food preparation machines, cylinders full of colorful liquids and various supplies. Behind you there's a circular stairway, leading somewhere above. Is he up there?
"Hello there."
You jump and twist around, ready to strike. But nobody is there.
"You're not quite what I was expecting."
He's here! You can hear him! Smell him! Where? Why can't you find him?
"Since you're the one that came into my home, why don't you start by telling me who and what you are?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 25, 2020, 03:23:34 am »

This guy is hiding.  Can't see him, can't hear him move, (but might not be moving), but can smell him.  He is here.

This is a sneaky guy.  Killing by befriending the victim.  Killing silently a long way from home.  Killing in a way that is strange and bad and wrong.  This is a guy who is the opposite of what a dragon is, and everything he does, everything he knows is different from what a dragon can do.  He doesn't know our kind of fighting.  That means there should be a chance.

Jump to the top of the statue in the middle of this room, so all sides are equadistant to your perch.

Shut your eyes, concentrate on your ears, and roar.  Loudly.  Really loudly.  Wherever the echos are funny, that's where he is.

And then smash.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:27:37 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 83