- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106853 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #855 on: January 18, 2020, 05:55:10 pm »

Stairs.  It could well be a guard, but it isn't guaranteed.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #858 on: January 19, 2020, 09:56:51 am »

Stairs.
You dash up the stairs as quickly as you can, but come to a standstill the moment you hear the elevator door opening. A moment later light comes from the bottom of the stairs.
"Hello? Anybody there?"
Male human. Probably the guard. You have to wonder why humans do that. Do people ever come out of hiding if you ask politely?
You slowly advance upwards, being careful not to make any noise, until you reach the top of the stairs. You listen carefully for a second and then press the button that opens the door. The area looks clear. You go through and close the door behind you.

You find yourself in the reception area of the glass tower. There's not much here. Just the elevator, the reception desk (hiding a computer console behind it), the guard's datapad that was left behind in his rush to investigate, a small waiting area with places to sit, a door leading to a tiny refresher and another door leading to a tiny kitchen. You notice that the waiting area is decorated with glass things similar to the little glass bird you found on the victim, but also quite different. The bird looks almost real, like a real living creature was turned to glass. These glass things on the other hand... The curves look organic and visually appealing but they don't appear to be depicting any definite creature, at least not with a great level of realism. Still, they look shiny, maybe you could sell them for a few credits. There's also two locked doors next to the stairway, both of them requiring a keycard to open. One presumably leads outside, while the other says "Emergency Exit, keep clear". If you had to guess, you'd say it leads upstairs.

The smells here are somewhat more interesting. There's the scent of the Killer spread around the waiting area and the elevators, confirming the fact he goes in here frequently. There's also the scent of the guard that was here a while ago spread all over this place. The victim's scent is leading to the elevator and the door that says Emergency Exit, though it's much fainter. There's also other faint smells, both human and non-human, but they are even more faint than that of the victim. Your guess is that other people come here, but not often.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 19, 2020, 06:58:18 pm »

Emergency exit, trying to enter the elevator on this floor will take time and will make us have to answer questions
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 19, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »

Emergency exit, trying to enter the elevator on this floor will take time and will make us have to answer questions
+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #861 on: January 19, 2020, 07:34:11 pm »

The emergency exit leading up won't open, at least not from this side. It needs a keycard or maybe some other special condition in order to open.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 19, 2020, 09:22:28 pm »

Elevator.  We can get behind the guard and keep him trapped at the bottom level.  We can then get out at some upper level, and the guard will have to wait a minute or so while the elevator drops back down to the bottom again.  If he doesn't notice it moved, all the better, and could happen.  We can then go up a couple floors and find a new place to hide.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 01:18:35 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 19, 2020, 10:14:07 pm »

Elevator.  We can get behind the guard and keep him trapped at the bottom level.  We can then get out at some upper level, and the guard will have to wait a minute or so while the elevator drops back down to the bottom again.  If he doesn't notice it moved, all the better, and could happen.  We can then go up a couple floors and find a new place to hide.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2020, 01:22:48 am »

I'm changing my mind towards checking out the reception area for spare keys or keycards first.  If we could take one, that'd be a place to safely hide.

Check out the reception desk for drawers or spare keycards.  Having one or more keycards would give us different areas to hide in, and then we can try to head on up the elevator again.  If we're too late and the elevator is coming back up, carrying the guard again, we can leave via the front door, go back down the sewers, and try to come back in the same way a second time.  If we do it quiet, we're back in the elevator safely with a keycard.

Since there's only one guard here, we can outmaneuver him pretty easily.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 20, 2020, 07:28:15 am »

I'm changing my mind towards checking out the reception area for spare keys or keycards first.  If we could take one, that'd be a place to safely hide.

Check out the reception desk for drawers or spare keycards.  Having one or more keycards would give us different areas to hide in, and then we can try to head on up the elevator again.  If we're too late and the elevator is coming back up, carrying the guard again, we can leave via the front door, go back down the sewers, and try to come back in the same way a second time.  If we do it quiet, we're back in the elevator safely with a keycard.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #866 on: January 20, 2020, 07:35:01 pm »

You go up to the reception desk and search it for any spare keycards they might have stored here. There is a container beneath the desk but it's closed with no obvious way to open it. You glance at the elevator. All its lights are off, indicating no movement. Your heartbeat begins slowing down as the tension leaves your body. You're safe, for now.

You lean against the container and begin trying to force it open, occasionally stopping to look up and check the elevator. Eventually, with repeated shoving and pulling, you manage to widen the seam enough to find purchase with your claws. You're just about to give it the final push when you hear the door leading to the basement sliding open.

Your heart begins racing as your fight or flight response is triggered once more. He went up the stairs! Of course he went up the stairs, he'd have to if he was making a thorough check of the area. You need to run! He'll close the door and then go around the corner any moment now and then you'll be face to face! But you're so close! Maybe if you just hide behind the desk and just work on this damn thing for a moment longer, he won't notice you and you'll get something useful. Humans are really bad at noticing things, surely this one won't be any different.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 21, 2020, 09:07:34 am »

I say we leave, go back around and try again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #868 on: January 22, 2020, 06:50:03 pm »

I say we leave, go back around and try again.
You run out the front door as quickly as you can. You're not certain about whether or not he heard you, but he certainly had no chance to see you. Once outside, you waste no time and head straight for the underground passage.

Status lost: full, energized
Status gained: satiated

Making your way to the basement through the underground passages takes some time. You don't have to explore through trial and error, but it's still a long way to travel. You also have to spend some time very carefully moving the heavy grate blocking the hole out of the way.

In the end you find your way back at the basement. Now that you have time to explore, you can the machines here in more detail, though you have to move slowly because there's no light coming from the elevator. As you remembered, there are many machines here. A machine to heat air, a machine to heat water, a machine that cleans clothes... There's also cleaning supplies, some dry things that smell edible, and also- You jump back in surprise. A humanoid droid. A fragile-looking metal thing with two circular eyes and an unmoving slit for a mouth. ... You watch it carefully. It's not moving. You slowly approach it. Nothing. You tap it with a claw. Nothing. Hmm. Is it sleeping? Or dead? Maybe it doesn't matter. You're here to confront the Killer after all, not learn about droids.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 22, 2020, 09:02:09 pm »

It might be trying to look.  Maybe we should eat it's head.

Or.. we could act as if we were a dumb vermin creature.  Lets stay dead quiet, grab one of the edible-smelling things, and then try to make calling the elevator look like an accident.. ie, poking the button out of curiosity, backing away when the elevator arrives, scurrying into it, and then waiting for the door to close.  Once out of sight, we can move the elevator to the top floor, and try to smell on each floor down until we find where the killer lives.  Smell on a floor, go down a floor, repeat.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:01:06 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 83