- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106871 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #825 on: January 09, 2020, 05:45:03 pm »

Why did we eat the body? I didn't think anyone suggested that, and I explicitly suggested we leave it.
I did  :-[

(edited: I just put the emoji because my text looked a bit rude :v)

maybe we should check around the bar first, the scent may be found somewhere else, maybe in the alley behind it
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:53:55 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #826 on: January 09, 2020, 05:45:42 pm »

omada said to make the body disappear and suggested eating it as a way to do it. Since there was not much support for either suggestion I just went with what I liked best.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 09, 2020, 07:41:49 pm »

I'm tempted to try and talk our way in if only to try and get our dragon drunk.  Also, probably set the record for underage drinking.

Say no and see if there's a bar or something.  If not, maybe we can pay our way in with some money.  The killer doesn't know he's being hunted, and certainly not specifically by us, so we're free to move around.  Plus maybe a hot drink or two will settle our stomach.

We can go around and see if we can smell the killer, maybe he's still here and maybe there's an exit somewhere else where we can pick up the trail again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:16:36 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 10, 2020, 06:01:49 am »

Why did we eat the body? I didn't think anyone suggested that, and I explicitly suggested we leave it.
I said we should do it last turn.

I'm tempted to try and talk our way in if only to try and get our dragon drunk.  Also, probably set the record for underage drinking.

Say no and see if there's a bar or something.  If not, maybe we can pay our way in with some money.  The killer doesn't know he's being hunted, and certainly not specifically by us, so we're free to move around.  Plus maybe a hot drink or two will settle our stomach.

We can go around and see if we can smell the killer, maybe he's still here and maybe there's an exit somewhere else where we can pick up the trail again.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 10, 2020, 10:12:25 am »

+1
+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #830 on: January 11, 2020, 11:01:06 am »

(("And thus the young dragon discovered the real secret of firebreathing: make it so that your breath is so full of alcohol it's combustible."

Heh. Now there's an idea. A dragon raised by dwarves. He hoards socks and needs alcohol to get through the working day.))

"Greetings. Do you have a reservation?"
"No."
You walk past the droid and start making your way further in.
"Ah, I see. Well then, if you'll just- Erm, sir?"
The droid hurriedly comes after you once it realizes you're gone.
"Sir? Sir!"
It catches up to you and then slows down to match your pace.
"Sir, if you'll just allow me to direct you to a table, I'm certain you'll be very satisfied with-"
The trail leads you to a small table near one of the corners, away from the other tables, separated by a small corridor. They were here. Definitely. They were the last people to sit here. She was sitting together with her killer. You lean over the table, trying to get a better understanding. You think it was... yesterday? And nobody else has used that table since. She had her back to the room and the Killer-
"I'm sorry sir but this table is reserved. Were you to just follow me, I would most certainly be capable of leading you to a table that would satisfy your-"
"Okay." you say to cut the droid off.
"W-well then. Good." it stammers, looking surprised.
It shouldn't be surprised. If it wants you to sit down so badly, then you will indulge it. It's not like you can learn much more from investigating this table. The trail ends here, so (excluding the possibility that they materialized here out of thin air) that means they came out the same way they came in.
"Now then, will you be expecting company?"
"No."
"Ah, then may I suggest the table beside the door?" it says, pointing to one of the smallest tables.
"If you will make your way there, I will be with you to take your order in a moment. Otherwise the bar is always available for a drink or snack of-"
"The bar." you declare.
It's the obvious choice. It is close to the table they were using and also provides you with a view to the hot drink preparations (not your primary objective but certainly something interesting to watch).
"Excellent. If you would follow me..."

The rotund four-eyed biped operates the intricate machinery behind the bar with ease. A spoonful of powder, then shake, add a strange liquid, insert it into a machine, then add bubbles through a pipe... Despite the complexity of the task, it is completed within a couple of minutes. In the end it places a metal cup containing a bubbling black fluid in front of you, using a glove to avoid burning himself. Huh. That's actually pretty hot.

You grab the cup and down it in one go. You feel the hot liquid as it travels through your neck and into your stomach, pleasant heat radiating everywhere. You return the cup to the counter, eliciting a surprised utterance from the creature.
"Now there's something you don't see every day."
Hah! And he thought you couldn't take it! That's what he gets for challenging you! You feel the urge to extend your wings in pride, forming two large bulges under your cloak. The hottest thing he had and you defeated it! Clearly you are the greatest-
*glurnk*
The noise coming from your stomach is accompanied by a feeling that requires immediate attention. You look around in sudden panic.
"Through that door and to the left." the bartender says with a smile.
You yell a quick "Thank you!" as you run towards the refresher with all the speed two legs can allow you.

Item lost: 20 credits
Status lost: overfed
Status gained: full, energized

The bartender chuckles as you return to your seat.
"Feeling better?"
"Yes."
"So, how'd you like the drink?"
"It was good."
Hot drinks are awesome. They don't taste like food, but they are so full of good taste and good smell. Truly, you haven't tasted anything quite like it. And this place makes truly HOT drinks, just how they're supposed to be. Here's someone that understands that you haven't experienced real taste until you couldn't tell if you were having a drink or being shot in the face with a plasma cannon. ... Though you should probably make sure your stomach is in a better state next time you order one.

Anyway, what were you doing here again? Oh, right, the Killer. Looks like they were here but there's nothing noteworthy here. You should probably get out of here and try to pick up their trail again. Then again, this bartender seems quite friendly. Perhaps with the right questions you could gain some more information, like what the Killer looks like. Or you could try interrogating the droid, it seems to fuss over where everyone is sitting so it must have certainly noticed them, but it doesn't seem to like you very much so it might not be as easy.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:18:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 11, 2020, 12:13:17 pm »

Here's someone that understands that you haven't experienced real taste until you couldn't tell if you were having a drink or being shot in the face with a plasma cannon.

Is that a... Iji reference? <3 <3 <3

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 11, 2020, 01:18:36 pm »

I think we should just be straightforward.  Ask about the victim, say that we know her, know she came here, and she's now missing.  Ask about who she left with.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 11, 2020, 02:18:26 pm »

Here's someone that understands that you haven't experienced real taste until you couldn't tell if you were having a drink or being shot in the face with a plasma cannon.

Who/what is Iji?

I think we should just be straightforward.  Ask about the victim, say that we know her, know she came here, and she's now missing.  Ask about who she left with.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 11, 2020, 02:59:48 pm »

Who/what is Iji?

Do you have a keyboard and a computer which can play a... 12 year old gamemaker game? If so please play it, it is very good:
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 12, 2020, 05:31:51 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #836 on: January 12, 2020, 10:48:47 am »

((Well, when I started writing "hot drinks" I couldn't resist. Plus the Tasen are basically lizard people, so...))

You decide to just ask the bartender directly and be as truthful as you can.
"There was a human female sitting there yesterday with someone else. They were the last people to sit there. Who was with her?"
The bartender squints with all four of his eyes, his face losing that near-constant smile.
"What's it to you?" he asks, his tone serious.
"She is gone. This was the last place she went. The one with her might have hurt her."
The bartender is taken aback by that but quickly regains his composure.
"Are you with the security force? You don't look the type."
"No, I am not."
"Then why are you doing this?"
"Because I want to find the one that hurt her and make them stop."
He thinks about it for a second, examining you carefully. You look back, unwavering.
"Okay. I believe you." he says grimly.
"She came in here with some guy..."
His face contorts, as if he is trying very hard to do something.
"I'm having trouble remembering exactly what he looked like. He looked human, though there was something funny about his face..."
That's not very helpful. Half the people you meet on the streets could fit that description. He seems to realize that as well.
"I'm usually good with faces but this one... I'm sorry."
He shakes his head.
"They sat there for a few minutes, didn't order anything, then left."
Hmm. Well, that wasn't too helpful, though it confirmed what you know and narrowed down the description of the Killer somewhat.
"It was so strange. Dahia isn't one to go chasing after boys. And she didn't even say hello to me. I should had figured out something was wrong." he mutters to himself.
The bartender sighs, picks up a glass and starts cleaning it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 05:30:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 12, 2020, 12:05:58 pm »

We should ask him what he can tell us about Dahia.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 12, 2020, 03:34:36 pm »

Well.. that's creepy.  And worrying.

Lets just try to pick up the scent trail again.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 12, 2020, 03:36:12 pm »

We should ask him what he can tell us about Dahia.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 83