- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 107016 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #555 on: October 14, 2019, 11:23:33 am »

Most likely somewhere between a day and never.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #556 on: October 14, 2019, 04:37:59 pm »

Ask what the problem is, and if we can help. While doing so, avoid looking harmless, in case the helping involves harm.

Also, address the question to Iseng'ela. We may work for Eiwhyl, but that doesn't mean we're obliged to work for her alone. And it's Iseng'ela is the one with a problem. If we ask Eiwhyl, she might refuse to tell us and we're out on a gig.

"What problem? Maybe I help? Protect?" you ask Iseng'ela, raising your claw to make a slashing motion, hoping it will help get your point across.
She looks surprised, as if she just now registered you're there. But a moment later she's close to you, kneeling in front of you, pleading.
"Please! I need a place to stay-"
"No." Eiwhyl refuses firmly.
"I've got nowhere else to go!" Iseng'ela says turning her head to look up at Eiwhyl.
"No. If you want somewhere to go then go back to your apartment."
"But I told you, Graad is the one paying for that apartment, he'll know-"
"I don't care. It's not my problem."
"You can't just leave me out there to- they're looking for me, they're-"
"Look! I helped you! gave you a chance! And when that asshole came you and fed you his lies, I warned you about what you were getting into. I warned and you didn't listen! I told you! But you didn't listen, you were stuck in your little dream world! The fact is, you're the one who put yourself into this mess and I'm not letting you drag me in it as well."
Iseng'ela looks up at Eiwhyl for several seconds but it's obvious she won't budge. So she turns to look at you.
"Please." she whispers, looking at you with wet eyes.

You can't think of any place you could let her stay in at the moment. Maybe the tunnels? She could crawl to one of the places that are somewhat warm.

"Who searching for you? Why searching for you?" you ask, still trying to understand the situation.
That question brings a mix of fear and awkwardness: she looks down, fidgeting as she answers you.
"Graad and his friends, they're searching because I... he- he told me I had what it takes. He told me it was a dancer job-"
Eiwhyl snorts derisively.
"It was good money!" Iseng'ela protests.
"... and he said he'd help me out because he..." she adds more quietly.
"I danced for a while and it was good, up on the stage, he cheered me on, he took me places, he even got me the apartment... But then one day he... asked me to do some things for him and I... I said I didn't feel comfortable doing that, but he said it was just a one time thing, helping some friends, so I thought, it was just this once so it wasn't that bad, right?"
Eiwhyl shakes her head while looking at the two of you, though Iseng'ela has her back turned on her. After a short pause she continues speaking, now with more urgency.
"But it didn't stop. After that he asked for more and more and I- After a while I stopped dancing, he made me... work in the back room, serving their 'special clients'. And then, one night, Graad, he had an argument with one of them and he- he- oh, heavens, he killed a man!" she exclaims.
"I panicked, I couldn't take that, and he screamed, he said he'd kill me if I didn't come back right away, but I- he's going to kill me, I can't go back there, I can't, I can't!"
She hides her face behind her hands and breaks down into sobbing. Eiwhyl gives you an inpatient look, as if she can't wait to throw her out and your questions are delaying her.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 14, 2019, 04:45:47 pm »

Huh, guess more killing probably won't help here. We can offer to help her find a good spot in the tunnels, after we're done working.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 14, 2019, 04:52:55 pm »

I forget, would going down to the maintenance tunnels break our oath to Eiwhyl? Or just the spirit of the oath?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 14, 2019, 05:05:43 pm »

Neither. Reminder that this whole city is littered with maintenance paths.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 14, 2019, 05:06:16 pm »

Well, we probably could beat up/kill the guy, but that probably won't solve the problem. We don't really have anywhere safe for her to stay either, beyond helping her find a merely moderately terrible place to be homeless.

Unless she has another friend we can help her get to, I'm not sure what we can do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 14, 2019, 05:09:24 pm »

Well, we probably could beat up/kill the guy, but that probably won't solve the problem. We don't really have anywhere safe for her to stay either, beyond helping her find a merely moderately terrible place to be homeless.

I mean, that's not nothing. We probably have more experience in the maint tunnels than she does. Given a choice between helping a little and not at all, I'll pick helping a little. :V

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 14, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »

I mean, that's not nothing. We probably have more experience in the maint tunnels than she does. Given a choice between helping a little and not at all, I'll pick helping a little. :V
Yes
Huh, guess more killing probably won't help here. We can offer to help her find a good spot in the tunnels, after we're done working.
+1

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 14, 2019, 09:22:47 pm »

So I might be the only one in favor of murdering these people?  Okay...

Could we offer her up the rifle?  Females looks relatively weak and defenseless next to the males of the society, so she could get some use out of it. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 15, 2019, 12:13:34 am »

There's probably only going to be the one guy looking for her, and the guy might come to Eiwhyl's next, knowing where she came from.  We should just kill that guy.  I doubt he told the rest of his crew where he found her.  Then she can find somewhere else and be safe.

Alternatively we could start living in her apartment, and then when the guy comes to look for Iseng'ela, we kill him.  It won't solve the problem, but the guy probably has enough money to let her find a flophouse in some other tower for a week or two.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:17:10 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 15, 2019, 01:23:57 am »

I vote we tell her we can't help and don't get involved, because getting involved in theses kind of situations is what gets people shot and family members killed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 15, 2019, 04:30:22 am »

Fair point. We can just show her the tunnels and then that would help somewhat. No one would link her hiding in the tunnels with us unless Einwyl told someone.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 17, 2019, 12:23:24 am »

Alternatively we could start living in her apartment, and then when the guy comes to look for Iseng'ela, we kill him.  It won't solve the problem, but the guy probably has enough money to let her find a flophouse in some other tower for a week or two.

Precisely my thoughts.  We should offer to stay with Iseng'ila and guard her, at least for a few nights.  Don't mention that we've killed before, but do be clear that we're dangerous enough to be an effective guard.

I vote we tell her we can't help and don't get involved, because getting involved in theses kind of situations is what gets people shot and family members killed.

It won't get family members killed, because Ali's family has been doing their best to keep their pet dragon secret.  We might be linked to Eiwhyl--but Eiwhyl is already linked to this woman in a much more significant way, and is almost certainly a known link, rather than our might be.

As for getting shot, yeah, we assume that risk, but it's not like we haven't already assumed it in the past for nothing more substantial than loot.  Yeah, valuing loot over an innocent's life is pretty draconic, but then being a nurse isn't, so Draggie's already a bit more altruistic than traditional dragons.  Even then, we don't have to be purely altruistic; people have a good bit of meat on them, and if it's a person who hurts others...

Finally, yes, just abandoning the woman in the maintenance tunnels is the safe and easy choice, but it's also the boring choice.  A story where the protagonist grows and takes risks is much more interesting than a story where the protagonist runs away from the obvious adventure hook to keep on with their boring life.  I mean come on, we're playing a dragon, do you really want to ruin that by leaving the protagonist as little more than a pet dog and part-time nurse?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 17, 2019, 02:16:40 am »

We should offer to stay with Iseng'ila and guard her, at least for a few nights.  Don't mention that we've killed before, but do be clear that we're dangerous enough to be an effective guard.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 17, 2019, 03:07:04 am »

do you really want to ruin that by leaving the protagonist as little more than a pet dog and part-time nurse?
But if we keep doing boring stuff for long enough we can become Dr. Draggie.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:27:33 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83