- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106863 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2019, 08:03:26 pm »

we should tape the buckets (filled with as much as can fit in to them) on to both ends of the broomstick and carry them in our mouth like a yoke, also maybe we can carry the hoses across our chest Rambo style.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2019, 03:15:00 am »

use the tape, the broomstick/metal rods, the two buckets and the wheel to make a wheelbarrow then divide the items as listed
Spoiler: saddlebag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wheelbarrow (click to show/hide)

use the wheelbarrow to move the goods back to the pool and ferry our goodies into the vents.
If we are caught at any point abandon the wheelbarrow and run home with what is in our pack. when everything is in the vents we should hide the wheelbarrow in the pool and make our way home with what goodies we can carry while hiding everything else somewhere safe.
+1
I doubt we have the dexterity to build a wheelbarrow. and if we could it would probably ruin any attempts at stealth. The saddlebag list seems reasonable, although I'm not sure the torn clothes are worth the trouble.
we should tape the buckets (filled with as much as can fit in to them) on to both ends of the broomstick and carry them in our mouth like a yoke, also maybe we can carry the hoses across our chest Rambo style.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2019, 06:31:55 pm »

Hey, everyone needs to defend themselves somehow, and silly humans didn't evolve any good claws or teeth.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2019, 06:36:20 pm »

Remember to also take the rifle, if we have time and it seems safe.  We definitely want the rifle; we're getting all this stuff, but no gifts for Ali... and what little girl doesn't want a rifle?  She'll love it, I'm sure.
If we can fit it, +1

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 01, 2019, 06:54:56 pm »

Remember to also take the rifle, if we have time and it seems safe.  We definitely want the rifle; we're getting all this stuff, but no gifts for Ali... and what little girl doesn't want a rifle?  She'll love it, I'm sure.
If we can fit it, +1
+1 Ali needs to be able to defend herself if we're away. What if the landlord attacks while we're out.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 02, 2019, 01:28:44 pm »

If we can fit it, +1
+1 Ali needs to be able to defend herself if we're away. What if the landlord attacks while we're out.

+1

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2019, 02:51:28 pm »

Now that you've found yourself in this room full of treasures, your instincts are screaming only one thing: LOOT ALL THE THINGS!

Items obtained: 3 rolls of half-used plastoid tape, flashlight, old torn clothes, small can containing a dark foul-smelling substance, small metal toolbox, 5 vials of brown-red powder.

You stuff your pack full of things, giving priority to those things that look most interesting, most valuable and easiest to carry. The toolbox is the heaviest of the things you take but most of the weight comes from the vials. You can still walk and run, but it feels a bit awkward with all that weight on one side of your body. You can feel the harnesses made out of tape straining against your body, but you think they'll hold. Still, best to not put too much strain on them, no reason to test their limits.

However that is not enough to satisfy your greed. There are many interesting things here. You don't want to leave any of them behind. At first you consider trying to somehow create some sort of wheeled vehicle. But in the end you decide to go with the simpler and safer (if a bit more tiring) option of just carrying them.

Items obtained: 30m spool of power cable, 3 10m hoses, thick gloves, 15 vials of brown-red powder, 5 empty vials, 5 high-powered lamps

You place the buckets in the holes in either end of the ladder and shove them a bit so that they become stuck there. You spend some time filling the buckets to the brim with any sort of item your can see. Then you have to spend a few minutes more begrudgingly removing things until the entire thing becomes light enough for you to be able to lift it. Even after removing several items it is still too heavy for you to be able to move freely. You are reduced to a slow walk, your steps filled with heavy effort and sometimes even mild pain.

You open the door, make a quick check to make sure there's nobody watching outside and then start moving your loot back the way you came from. It takes some effort to move the ladder out of the narrow door but after bumping on it a couple of times you eventually figure it out.

When you finally reach the room with the plants you set the buckets down and dive into the pool to retrieve the sonic rifle and place it under the hole.

Item gained: large sonic rifle

You then remove the buckets from the ladder and move all things to one bucket. You carefully swim with it, using its buoyancy to help you carry it, and hang it from a sturdy-looking branch. After that you take the ladder and place it underneath the hole, anchoring it in place between the thick roots at the bottom of the pool.

With the push of a button the ladder begins extending upwards. You do your best to keep the ladder aimed at the hole as its center of mass shifts away from you, but at the last second it slips and slams against a lamp. The lamp breaks with a loud bang and a puff of smoke, sending glass fragments and plastic shards raining down.

You grab the bucket and rifle's handle with your mouth and do your best to climb the ladder as quickly as you can. To your horror the bucket becomes snagged between two of the ladder's steps, stopping you in your tracks. In your rush to leave you pull at the bucket's handle as much as you can until it violently moves upwards while the rest of the bucket moves downwards and disappears beneath the water with a loud splash. A moment later the empty vials rise to the surface, followed by the filled ones.

Items lost: 30m spool of power cable, 3 10m hoses, thick gloves, 15 vials of brown-red powder, 5 empty vials, 5 high-powered lamps
Item obtained: Bucket handle

You waste a second futilely reaching for the bucket and grieving your lost loot before the sound of running brings you back to your senses and you rush the rest of the way up the ladder. Just as you're jumping through the vent you hear someone yell "Stop!" followed by a loud, distorted bang and a flash of red light. A moment later you're through the hole, in the tunnel above. And then the floor in front of you explodes, sending fragments of plastic and metal flying. As you run there are more bangs, more flashes, more explosions behind you, pelting you with fragments of half-molten floor.

You heart is racing. Your muscles ache. By now you've taken cover behind a corner and are carefully watching the vent you exited and the holes surrounding it while trying to catch your breath.

"Blasted thing!" the human says the bad word.
The green biped speaks, probably a question.
"I don't know! Some kind of vermin." the human responds angrily.
The green thing speaks again, another question.
"How should I know?" the human responds with more frustration.

Now that you've had a moment to think about it, you realize what the loud noise was: an energy gun. You've seen them in holovision, guns that fire a bolt of energy that burns things it hits. At least, that's how it looks in holovision. This one sounded a lot louder and scarier and looked more like it exploded part of the ceiling. Granted the hole it left is tiny, smaller than your eyes, but still. You wouldn't want to have your flesh explode. It would probably be very painful. Not to mention bad for your health.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2019, 03:17:34 pm »

Let's get out of here!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2019, 03:20:06 pm »

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2019, 06:36:21 pm »

Let's get out of here!
+1
+1 Our bag is full so unless we find an opportunity for credits or food we should head home and get some sleep.

A couple thoughts:
1. I see we have the medpac in our bag. Do we think we can use it on our own? If not we should probably leave it at home where it's safe.
2. Could one of our rolls of tape pass for Dad's one we used up? It might be easiest if there aren't any questions about what happened to his roll.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2019, 06:38:15 pm »

Probably a good idea to keep that medpack on us if we're going to keep getting shot at.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2019, 09:25:00 pm »

Let's get out of here!
+1
+1 Our bag is full so unless we find an opportunity for credits or food we should head home and get some sleep.

A couple thoughts:
1. I see we have the medpac in our bag. Do we think we can use it on our own? If not we should probably leave it at home where it's safe.
2. Could one of our rolls of tape pass for Dad's one we used up? It might be easiest if there aren't any questions about what happened to his roll.

+1

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2019, 07:05:27 am »

Let's get out of here!
+1

A couple thoughts:

+1
+1
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2019, 09:09:51 am »

Let's get out of here!
+1

A couple thoughts:

+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83