- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 106751 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:57 pm »

Well when the parents work they go out and come back with credits. We went out and came back with credits, so I guess we worked.
I suggest we reply " Yes work credits food."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2019, 07:10:34 pm »

Well when the parents work they go out and come back with credits. We went out and came back with credits, so I guess we worked.
+1
+1

I am surprised these credits turned out kinda-sorta-valuable. I figured they'd be, like, pocket change...
But we'll see what the grown-ups think.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2019, 07:22:00 pm »

Same here.  Might still not be a lot, Ali's not an adult, but it's probably more than like 5.

I think we should just say

"What work?"

Also, next treasure we sleep on, because dragon.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:15:48 pm by Devastator »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2019, 03:39:44 am »

She seems to consider that for a moment.
"Wow!"
She gives you a hug.
"Good boy! I'm so proud of you!"
She lets go and looks at you with excitement.
You don't understand the complete question, but you understand "where" and "what" "work".
Before you can answer, she continues. She wishpers so it's difficult to hear, but you're much more familiar with her voice so you can make out most of what she says regardless.
You understand "no" "show" "mom and dad" "angry".

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2019, 06:44:08 am »

ask “where hide credits?”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2019, 06:44:42 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2019, 06:47:55 am »

I see a solution. We hide them under the bed.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2019, 10:03:51 am »

I see a solution. We hide them under the bed.
You ask Ali where she thinks you should hide the Credits. She looks thoughtful for a couple of seconds and then her face lights up.
"Aha!" she says triumphantly before lifting the mattress and putting the credits underneath it.
"So? What do you think?" she asks with a smile.
You wag your tail enthusiastically in response. Something about the idea of sleeping on your hoard seems inherently right, something that gives you intense satisfaction.

Still, that leaves the question of what you're going to do today.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2019, 10:05:36 am »

Mostly sleep.  Play with Ali some.

Look out the window to see if we can find our way to and from the streets via the window.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2019, 10:06:05 am »

We're seriously beat up. Maybe our keepers can help with that. Say "Ow". Stagger a little to get the point across.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2019, 10:18:11 am »

Should be fine if we rest. We are a megabeast, after all!
Aaand we don't have much to do other than rest, unless we want to leave while Ali's watching.

Maybe the holovid has something focused on i.proving our language skills? If we can figure out how to ask for that...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 14, 2019, 11:09:08 am »

Mostly sleep.  Play with Ali some.

Look out the window to see if we can find our way to and from the streets via the window.
Should be fine if we rest. We are a megabeast, after all!
Aaand we don't have much to do other than rest, unless we want to leave while Ali's watching.

Maybe the holovid has something focused on i.proving our language skills? If we can figure out how to ask for that...
we can rest some, and ask “learn language TV?”

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2019, 11:49:31 am »

+1 to rest and educational holovid. Maybe we should get Ali to teach us how credits work.

Also while we're listening to our draconic instincts, I'm thinking we may want to kidnap this princess at some point. Can anyone think how to convince Ali to pack a go bag?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2019, 12:31:44 am »

I suggest getting her used to riding on us and after outgrowing the apartment we just keep taking her for day trips (returning her later) regardless of what adults say.  If we keep making Ali happy, they'll eventually give in.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:34:15 am by Devastator »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2019, 06:23:21 am »

Also while we're listening to our draconic instincts, I'm thinking we may want to kidnap this princess at some point. Can anyone think how to convince Ali to pack a go bag?
Well, if you're listening to your draconic instincts fully, you don't really need to convince her, do you? After all, dragons are not known for asking politely. But maybe you can be better than your instincts.

You remember that there is no convenient ledge outside the window, so you can't just go out the window and walk to the streets. However you could jump out the window and glide to a lower level of the main tower. Then when it's time to go home you need to climb to a higher level and jump from there to glide to the window.

But it's not as simple as it sounds. You'd need to explore to find a way to climb to the higher levels and reach a good jumping point. And if you want to make a stealthy entrance you should also practice landing a bit, so that you can do that instead of crashing.

We're seriously beat up. Maybe our keepers can help with that. Say "Ow". Stagger a little to get the point across.
While Ali is petting you, she touches one of the bruised portions of your skin. You growl and recoil from her touch. She looks at you with worry and confusion.
"What's wrong boy?" she asks.
You lie down and expose the injured part while looking first at it and then at her.
"Ouch." you explain.
She leans in closer to inspect the injured part.
"Oh. This looks like it hurts. Poor thing."
She continues examining your body, gently touching it with her hands, pausing whenever she comes across an injury, saying kind and reassuring things. Finally she holds your head in her hands, moving it around, her green eyes looking into your own. But they are not calm, reassuring eyes. As she looks at your head her eyes fill with more and more worry.

She says something you don't understand and then she goes to talk to Mom. They have an argument about you. You can't understand what it's about. You think Ali is asking Mom to unlock something, not the door. And Mom is saying no and some other things. It's not a very intense argument, Ali gives up pretty quickly.

+1 to rest and educational holovid. Maybe we should get Ali to teach us how credits work.
It looks like Ali has the same idea, since without much prompting she continues using the holovision to teach you about numbers after her parents leave the house. Now that you know the basics it's much easier to understand more advanced topics, like how numbers written together form larger numbers or how numbers can be added or subtracted. Ali is really happy, rewarding you with petting and hugging whenever you get something right (making sure to avoid the injured parts of your body). But she also seems more determined today, more stern, more insistent that you get everything right.

After the numbers lesson she brings out a small container and empties its contents on the floor. A few small colorful credit chips clatter to the floor. She picks up a light pink one and inserts it into a slot on the side of the container. A small display shows the number 1. She repeats the number. Then she inserts a cyan chip. The display shows 2. Then she inserts both pink and cyan chips together. The display shows 3. The grey chip shows 5. The red chip shows 10. Then she goes and brings one of your blue chips and inserts it into the slot. The display shows 20. Then she inserts the single blue chip she has, but instead of showing 20 the display shows a red 0. "Counterfeit", "false", "worthless" she explains.

You spend some time doing numbers exercises similar to the ones you were doing before, but this time using credit chips. She combines 2 cyan and a pink, you "trade" a grey. She gives you a red one, you trade two greys. She gives you her "counterfeit" blue one. You try to trade her two greys and a red one, but she says "no" firmly.

You look at her "counterfeit" blue one and your two blue ones side by side. Hers looks slightly different than yours, the circuit lines on it having sightly different spacing and thickness. Still, the difference is subtle, you're not sure you could tell them apart without closely examining them.

She gives you your blue one. You trade her two greys and a red one. She gives you the counterfeit blue. You say "no". You think you're getting the hang of this. You can tell she has 27 credits. You can tell that when you trade you should take an equal amount of credits. You can tell that you should not accept counterfeit credits.

When Ali is satisfied that you know enough about credits, she gathers her credits puts them back in the container and hides said container under the other corner of the mattress. She then takes one of Mom's shopping bags, her datapad and your credits and calls you to her. She puts your credits in front of you. Then she uses her datapad to show you an image of a white box with a red cross on it.
"Medpac." she says.
"For ouch." she adds.
She then gives you the datapad and takes your credits from you.
"Trade 40 credits for medpack." she explains.
"Up." she says and points towards the ceiling.
"Room 5 0 9. Eiwhyl's Clinic."
She pushes some buttons on the datapad, each press adding a symbol to the screen.
"Show Eiwhyl." she says, tapping the datapad's screen.
She then puts the datapad and the credits in the shopping bag and places the bag under her desk.
"Here. Okay?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 83